Where do they come from???

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
I'm not complaining, heck if others contribute to the upkeep of the site I don't feel guilty for not doing it.

But where the heck are all these posters coming from? It seems we get ten new ones a day and they can't possibly all be sock puppets.

The percentage of new additions that are worth keeping is so low that I might consider locking the proverbial door if I had that power.

The last new member that was humorous and made any sense was a poster named paulitics. Since then, it's been steady downhill around here.

The word is getting out on the bloggosphere that this is a good site. They close down one or two big blogs here and there and guess what, we get a shit load of cherries.

I don't know about the other folks, but I put "political discussion message board" into google, and this is the first one that popped up. I checked it out and it looked lively and interesting, so I jumped in.

the influx of newbies is definitely getting out of hand, the board is changing and not for the better. oh how i long for the old days when this board was cutting edge and exciting and all the genius level posting from us old timers would really stand out but now with all these new posters our brilliance is hidden in a sea of drek.

Okay, here's how it is, for a site to be worth the price and effort to maintain people have to use it, otherwise what's the point. New members show popularity as well, meaning we are doing something right when we get more, and something wrong when we don't. If you have a problem with new people then keep it to yourself, if you have a problem with assholes, that's fine. Noobs are different than newbies also, noobs are those who never learn no matter how long they are a member, newbies are what keeps us alive here.

The last thing I will state on this matter, new ideas and opinions keep things fresh, yes you have to weather a few annoyances sometimes, but all those you have interacted with too long you start to predict too often, and that's just plain boring. Bottom line, please stop whining about the new members.

I love when noobs get all defensive.

that was meant to be humor, see the whole guy who has been here a couple of weeks posting it thing.

Yes, I'm quick enough on the uptake to have deciphered that, thank you.

Hence the subsequent post about noobs getting defensive. Which you obviously did, prompting your comedic attempt to make light of it.

the influx of newbies is definitely getting out of hand, the board is changing and not for the better. oh how i long for the old days when this board was cutting edge and exciting and all the genius level posting from us old timers would really stand out but now with all these new posters our brilliance is hidden in a sea of drek.

put a sock in it, oldtimer, your day has passed.
:lol:

I love when noobs get all defensive.

that was meant to be humor, see the whole guy who has been here a couple of weeks posting it thing.

Hence the subsequent post about noobs getting defensive. Which you obviously did, prompting your comedic attempt to make light of it.

quick enough on the uptake? and you're from jersey?

quick enough on the uptake? and you're from jersey?

I'm an anomaly.

Okay, here's how it is, for a site to be worth the price and effort to maintain people have to use it, otherwise what's the point. New members show popularity as well, meaning we are doing something right when we get more, and something wrong when we don't. If you have a problem with new people then keep it to yourself, if you have a problem with assholes, that's fine. Noobs are different than newbies also, noobs are those who never learn no matter how long they are a member, newbies are what keeps us alive here.

The last thing I will state on this matter, new ideas and opinions keep things fresh, yes you have to weather a few annoyances sometimes, but all those you have interacted with too long you start to predict too often, and that's just plain boring. Bottom line, please stop whining about the new members.
Who's whining? Just a simple question, keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. :lol:

I know they all show up because of me. :eusa_angel:

The percentage of new additions that are worth keeping is so low that I might consider locking the proverbial door if I had that power.

The last new member that was humorous and made any sense was a poster named paulitics. Since then, it's been steady downhill around here.

You don't come across as being "overly bright" for a guy that has been here as long as you say. What's the problem? Feel like only your opinion is worth anything?

Forum List

Back