Where do “Obama phones” come from?

Cell phone for seniors? When was the last time you saw a phone booth? Again the free SafeLink cell phone are saving lives of seniors when they are away from home. Your family members.

Don't ry try spin it into being only about seniors. That idiot in the video was no senior.

She was a big loud black lady.

Obama is black.

That's what this is all about...

You go, bigot!!

Nice try...try again..:lol::lol:

Cell phone for seniors? When was the last time you saw a phone booth? Again the free SafeLink cell phone are saving lives of seniors when they are away from home. Your family members.

That's why my parents have cell phones, that I pay for. Not sure why people don't care enough about their family members that they can't bite the bullet and pay $10 a line.

it always amazes me how some want the government to help their family members, yet they themselves can't eat one less lunch out to do it themselves. Charity should begin at home. Not at the nearest government office.

Don't ry try spin it into being only about seniors. That idiot in the video was no senior.

She was a big loud black lady.

Obama is black.

That's what this is all about...

You go, bigot!!

Good grief, this is where every conversation goes, to race. The left is obsessed with skin color.

It's about taking care of our own, it is about people helping people, not government forcing people to help people.

You can get cell phones for $10 a line. Who can't help out their parents for $10. Instead the government throws away over a billion a year.

I love this stuff

Republicans are getting pounded in the polls and the best thing they can come up with is to resurrect the "Obamaphone" nonsense

Good play righties

The FCC issued an advisory last week that it had launched multiple investigations into allegations that companies receiving program funds were violating the agency's rules.

For example, companies cannot receive a subsidy to provide cellphone service to a customer who is already receiving subsidized landline service.

"Preventing waste, fraud, and abuse in universal service programs, including the Lifeline program, is a paramount objective of the Commission, and the Enforcement Bureau will take all necessary steps to ensure that this vital program is protected," the FCC said in the advisory.

The FCC reached a $1.5 million settlement with one company earlier this year over charges it improperly enrolled subscribers into the program.
FCC warns of fraud in telephone subsidy - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

and, wow, was I wrong about the minutes provided. Guess it has been upped. Now they get up to 250 minutes a month along with 250 text messages??? Say it ain't so, Joe!

Fraud, oh my! Never would have guessed it! Not.

A doctor who works in a medical office in Atlanta said someone wanted to use his address to have a free federal cell phones delivered, in order to bypass the rules. He said the person even bragged about getting five free cell phones when people are only allowed to have one. The tipster wants to know what's being done about it.

"There are about a dozen providers that the Commission has approved to offer this service in Georgia" said Georgia Public Service Commission spokesman Bill Edge.

Wireless phone providers like Nexus, T-Mobile and Assurance/Virgin Mobile offer low-income people free phones, 250 free minutes and 250 free text messages.

Lifeline Program fraud | 11alive.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back