Where Do Conservative Christians Go From Here?

Which Bible? NIV, NASB, NKJV, ASV, et cetera, et cetera?

God and only God is judge and jury of what is and is not legitimate Christianity. I would venture that most Americans who claim to be Christian have no clue what God's requirements are. And even if they do know God’s requirements, they seldom fulfill them.

In all of them that include Romans Chapter 9...

Amazingly, as for your "they seldom fulfill them" also seems to be covered in the Bible, unless you simply throw out the "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God..." part.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=52&chapter=9&version=31

14What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15For he says to Moses,
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."[f] 16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Or Ephesians Chapter 2...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=56&chapter=2&version=31

7in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

It appears that a long early life of enforced Church can make even a Buddhist know some of the answers to your assertions.

Who in Hell are you to usurp God’s authority to judge whether or not you or anyone else is a legitimate Christian?

I have said on other boards what I just said here and there is always someone like you who claims I am wrong. But, it never fails that people like you refuse to tell us what a legitimate Christian is. Tell us exactly what someone must believe and not believe and what someone must do and not do to be a Christian.

um. i didnt. you did.

I am southern born and raised. My family has lived in the South since at least the time of the Revolution (and possibly since Jamestown in 1620). I have at least 3 direct ancestors who served in Robert E. Lee’s army. But, I am Union to the core and pay neither my ancestors, nor any other traitor homage. I have discussed the issue of secession on numerous other boards and no one has ever claimed that Texas has a right to secede based on how it was admitted to the Union. Could you give me a source where I can examine the text of the pertinent law?

The federal government was a creation of the states, who had just commited the treasonous act of seceding from Great Britain. It was given a limited list of specific, enumerated powers; and stopping state governments from seceding was not on that list. Pretty much every single founder supported the right of secession, even the great centralizer Alexander Hamilton.

How did I claim the authority to say who is and is not a Christian? The most I said is that we, as individuals, do not have this authority because the authority rests only with God.

Dude, youre specifically making claims that there are no true Christians out there. I disagreed. I think there are plenty. You are the one who has judged all Christians as insincere. I am willing to give most the benefit of the doubt.

You are correct, Texas does not have the right to secede. It is one of the common misconceptions people have about Texas. Usually they are perpetuated by people who live in Texas and love to have the mystery...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myths_and_Misperceptions_About_Texas

They do have a right to split up into as many as 5 states though...

Correct. The root of the misbelief is that Texas did indeed have the right to seceed prior to the US Civil War. It's part of the agreement with the United States that admitted Texas into the union in 1846.

Following the US Civil War, no state has a right to seceed.

Interestingly enough, EVERY state had the right to seceed prior to the US Civil War as no Federal legislation existed to prevent it, and each state voluntarily agreed to join in the "experiment" called the United States. The US violated the rights of every state it has held in the Union by force of arms prior to the US Civil War, and I consider legislation stating that states do not have the right to seceed unconstitutional.

Correct. The root of the misbelief is that Texas did indeed have the right to seceed prior to the US Civil War. It's part of the agreement with the United States that admitted Texas into the union in 1846.

Following the US Civil War, no state has a right to seceed.

Interestingly enough, EVERY state had the right to seceed prior to the US Civil War as no Federal legislation existed to prevent it, and each state voluntarily agreed to join in the "experiment" called the United States. The US violated the rights of every state it has held in the Union by force of arms prior to the US Civil War, and I consider legislation stating that states do not have the right to seceed unconstitutional.

Exactly. The whole reason for the Civil War, from the 'Union' read Lincoln side, was preservation of the Union. The South argured secession. They lost.

Exactly. The whole reason for the Civil War, from the 'Union' read Lincoln side, was preservation of the Union. The South argured secession. They lost.

True enough. In comparison though, that "might makes right" mentality doesn't go over very well nowadays. It's called agressive, imperialistic behavior. We get accused of it all the time.;)

True enough. In comparison though, that "might makes right" mentality doesn't go over very well nowadays. It's called agressive, imperialistic behavior. We get accused of it all the time.;)

Actually the 'world' is looking at the same 'might makes right' in the sense of numbers. The West is heading toward suicide vs high birth rates of Islamic countries.

Look at France, at first glance their birth rates look just below sustainable, then one realizes it's because of the Muslims in their midst. Sad but true. America, is the last hope, but our 'sustainable' birth rate' at 2 something, is because of immigrants.

and each state voluntarily agreed to join in the "experiment" called the United States.

Actualy the only states that had the "option" of joining the Union were the original 13, i.e., the ones that ratified the Constitution. Every other state entered the Union with the express permission of Congress. A federal territory can ask to be admitted to the Union, but entry has never been guaranteed.

When and where did I make this claim?

Here:

If American Christians had the power to do any of this, it would not have become necessary for them to do any of this.

True Christians are rare in America. Sure, we have plenty of churches and plenty of preachers, but no one is a legitimate Christian merely on their own say-so. There is no single definition of Christian that all self-proclaimed Christians agree on. The same goes for Christian behavior.

Christians should get their own house in order before they even attempt to take back the country.

Your own words are quite self evident.

Actualy the only states that had the "option" of joining the Union were the original 13, i.e., the ones that ratified the Constitution. Every other state entered the Union with the express permission of Congress. A federal territory can ask to be admitted to the Union, but entry has never been guaranteed.

As I state previously, in the wording of the agreement between the US and Texas that admitted Texas as a state, Texas maintained its autonomy.

Whether or not Congress grants permission or states can only ask, it is irrelevant to the fact that states were not precluded from seceeding via Federal legislation.

Originally Posted by flaja
When and where did I make this claim?

Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja
If American Christians had the power to do any of this, it would not have become necessary for them to do any of this.

True Christians are rare in America. Sure, we have plenty of churches and plenty of preachers, but no one is a legitimate Christian merely on their own say-so. There is no single definition of Christian that all self-proclaimed Christians agree on. The same goes for Christian behavior.

Christians should get their own house in order before they even attempt to take back the country.

Your own words are quite self evident.

I said true Christians are rare in America. I did not say they are non-existent. Do you have trouble comprehending the meaning of these simple terms?

As I state previously, in the wording of the agreement between the US and Texas that admitted Texas as a state, Texas maintained its autonomy.

Can you document this claim? Tell me where I can find a copy of the agreement between Texas and the United States.

Conservative Christians need to go back to church and study the gospel of Jesus Christ...And practice it.

How long have you studied theology? When did you get your minister's certification? How much do you read daily? Or at all? So then, what would you know about it? Not jack, that's what, becuase just like EVERYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE EVER READ, you selectively choose to forget the whole frickin' thing except for the parts that validate the constant stream of moronic crap that flows from that blubbering vagina you call a mouth. You don't know jack about Jesus. You don't know jack about war. The only thing you know about politics is how to call Bush moronic, infantile names, and you're not even very good at that. Chimpy? How original and sophisticated. Oh, and you also know how to post article after article of opinion that passes itself off as research that passes itself off as something that vaguely resembles fact. Now, until I see YOU practicing the teaches of Jesus, or at least showing more understanding of his teachings than Britney Spears has of parenting, then just shut the hell up about it and stop pretending you know anything, much less everything.

Forum List

Back