Where did you have the best cup of coffee ever?

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
My best coffee was at a little mom & pop coffee house in Skippack, PA., right around the corner from the local community theater. Awesome stuff.

My best coffee was at a little mom & pop coffee house in Skippack, PA., right around the corner from the local community theater. Awesome stuff.

After surgery..... and a bit more then a week in the hospital with no food. Home in bed.... it was the best coffee i had ever tasted!!!

Where did you have the best cup of coffee ever?

I was in Germany. I was a grunt in the US Army. We had been out in the field playing war games for 4 days in early January. It was bitterly cold and we were living on metal vehicles with a heating system that only pretended to heat. Everything you touched was cold, we could barely get our c-rations above freezing temperature so that we could eat them unfrozen.
On that fourth morning, we were out in the countryside just on the edge of a wooded area and a farmers property. The farmer and his wife delivered hot coffee and homemade pastries to our platoon for breakfast. That coffee was the first hot thing I'd had in four days. It was glorious and delicious. The fresh pastries were just as wonderful. A random act of kindness to soldiers fighting a cold war.

That was the best cup of coffee I've ever had.

New Orleans, La.

new_orleans-cafe_dumonde.jpg

Right in my own dining room. I make the best ever. Sumatra Mandheling. Heavy cream.

Hmm... I been biking a trail up to Schwenksville. Looks like I'll have to take a little detour. You remember the name of the place?

On the USS TRIPPE out in the middle of the Atlantic ocean in the Chief's Quarters after I had been promoted to HMC after initiation.

It was in a small breakfast spot in Puerto Rico. Smooth, rich and creamy. Couldn't stop ordering it

Hmm... I been biking a trail up to Schwenksville. Looks like I'll have to take a little detour. You remember the name of the place?

I might be able to find it. It is literally right around the corner from the barn that Playcrafters uses for community theater productions... right on 73. It's on the same side that the road to the barn/playhouse is on (just off 73), opposite a small restaurant (which is not bad, food wise).

It's been a few years, so they may not even be there now, but who knows. They used to sell baked goods that were gluten free, health-food type stuff.

Forum List

Back