Where did the "We the people" go?

Depends on where you get your education. We might now be "We be peoples" instead of "We the people"... Strong school teacher unions are to blame. We used to have to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution when I was in school. Now, they don't even want you to know what it is.

Off subject for a second, are you a Wildcat or Cardinal fan, usc?

Actually I am an oddball and not a spectator fan of any sport. I enjoyed playing basketball, baseball and tennis in past years though..
I was good at baseball.
But do not tell my neighbors or they would make me move if I am not a UK fan.
I guess I am closer to a UK fan than anything since I went to school there some.

Depends on where you get your education. We might now be "We be peoples" instead of "We the people"... Strong school teacher unions are to blame. We used to have to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution when I was in school. Now, they don't even want you to know what it is.

Much of the downfall of our education system is due to lack of parental involvement.
Not all of course but much.

We the People started disappearing when some of us never registered to vote in the first place, never voted, lost interest in our history and were bored with government classes in high school.

We the People started disappearing when some of us said, "Oh, my vote doesn't count. They're just going to do what they want to do anyway." The statement has proven to be true: their vote WASN'T counted so now "They ARE doing pretty much what they please."

We the People started disappearing when some of us said, "Oh, I don't care - this or that law doesn't affect ME in any way." Really?

And, unfortunately, We the People may altogether disappear because some of us will still not exercise our right to vote and be heard.

We the people gets lost when we start looking at ourselves as a collective and not individuals. It's the individuals rights and responsibilities that are needed to ensure a strong nation.

This is why there is no such thing as "We the People."

How does "WE" translate into "ME?"

That's ridiculous. Doesn't even make common sense.

"Patriotism" is about the collective, not a celebration of ME.

The fact that we are divided and challenging the foolish notion that this country was built by individuals, the celebration of greed, and America being founded as a christian nation is a good thing.

Ignorance should be challenged.

It is all about they and them now.

Folks WE are THEY and THEM.

We have let ourselves be misled into fracturing our country, and I am not sure WE can pull it back together.

And we damn sure can't as long as we are they and them.

We are built on Value, Ideal, and Principle. Nobody should be doing that for you or me. How about we again start at the beginning in matters of Conscience, and not be so quick to surrender them to the blind leading the blind?

New Topics

Forum List

Back