Where did the "We the people" go?

I freely admit to being part of the problem.
I have and still do buy cheap Chinese and other imported stuff over American products.
And over time so many did that theat the US industries moved offshore and started selling cheap imported junk back to us. Thereby reducing US economy, screwing the balance of trade and reducing US job opportunties.

I think most of us here are guilty of that.

Just keep being a part of the problem bub.

I'm not so sure about that, friend.

I'm outside of the problem.

Your choice, but a mistake.

You know when a fight breaks out in hockey...and the refs let the two guys duke it out until they are both bloody and spent.

The guys fighting are the hyper-political freaks in this country.

I'm the ref...and I'm smart enough not to waste my energy and time pointlessly trying to stop the brawl, because I know that in the end it will fizzle out and there will be a net change of ZERO.

You know when a fight breaks out in hockey...and the refs let the two guys duke it out until they are both bloody and spent.

I'm the ref...and I'm smart enough not to waste my energy and time pointlessly trying to stop the brawl, because I know that in the end it will fizzle out and there will be a net change of ZERO.

IN the end there will be little left.
This is not a hockey GAME. It is reality.

I really do not know why I even care. You will likely be around for quite a while as I will not.
My material comfort is well assured for the remiander of my life, can you say the same for you and yours?

Freaky avatar there... is that Jon Heder?

Yep the time when neighbors helped neighbors has all but dissapeared.
We now expect the govt to do it all.

I really do not know why I even care. You will likely be around for quite a while as I will not.
My material comfort is well assured for the remiander of my life, can you say the same for you and yours?

I agree with you uscitizen... we do need to try and meet in the middle. I think what some are trying to say is, we have always fussed and fought with eachother. Thats what makes America great.
It is however much more heated lately b/c some of us see our rights and The Constitiution being widdled away like a piece of soft wood.

I for one am not going out without a fight though....

It is all about they and them now.

Folks WE are THEY and THEM.

We have let ourselves be misled into fracturing our country, and I am not sure WE can pull it back together.

And we damn sure can't as long as we are they and them.

They & Them of the people of the separate blue & red states, in order to form a more fractured government,....

I agree with you uscitizen... we do need to try and meet in the middle. I think what some are trying to say is, we have always fussed and fought with eachother. Thats what makes America great.
It is however much more heated lately b/c some of us see our rights and The Constitiution being widdled away like a piece of soft wood.

I for one am not going out without a fight though....

Yep but the real question is will you be fighting what really needs fighting?
I think the main fight that needs fighting is within each of us.

You shouldn't care ... There is nothing to care about. There are enough problems around to see one somewhere where it isn't ...

My neighbors and me are very close.... we take care of eachother all the time, especially when a hurricane blows thru these parts. I have seen more unity after a tragedy like a storm or something... we do eventually come together and put our differences aside.

And NO... I dont want the gov't doing what WE can do ourselves.

We have let ourselves be misled into fracturing our country, and I am not sure WE can pull it back together.

They & Them of the people of the separate blue & red states, in order to form a more fractured government,....

Yep part of it, now what to do about it?

Yep part of it, now what to do about it?

get a white president

My neighbors and me are very close.... we take care of eachother all the time, especially when a hurricane blows thru these parts. I have seen more unity after a tragedy like a storm or something... we do eventually come together and put our differences aside.

And NO... I dont want the gov't doing what WE can do ourselves.

I am not saying you in particular of course. But then we all have some flaws that contribute to the problem.

All I am asking or saying is to take a good look at yourself and genuinely try and make this a better country for all of us.

For instance is one party really better or worse on the overspending?
maybe a little in some areas, but fundamentally they both overspend. Hold their nose to the grindstone and do not re-elect anyone who does overspend, etc. Drop the partisan us and them crap, really stand up for what you believe. not what some puntit (either side) tells you.
Be strong, be YOU, not a tool of politics, industry, religion, etc. BE YOU!

That is the best generalized advice I can offer.
Only by being individuals can we pull things together.

I am not saying you in particular of course. But then we all have some flaws that contribute to the problem.

All I am asking or saying is to take a good look at yourself and genuinely try and make this a better country for all of us.

For instance is one party really better or worse on the overspending?
maybe a little in some areas, but fundamentally they both overspend. Hold their nose to the grindstone and do not re-elect anyone who does overspend, etc. Drop the partisan us and them crap, really stand up for what you believe. not what some puntit (either side) tells you.
Be strong, be YOU, not a tool of politics, industry, religion, etc. BE YOU!

That is the best generalized advice I can offer.
Only by being individuals can we pull things together.

:clap2:

Most profound thing I've read all day!

Thanks man.... really.

Regarding my material comfort, there are no guarantees for me. I'll let you know in the end.

But whether the future is rosy or if the future is bleak, no one has any real control over that.

In fact, who's to say I'm going to make it home tonight.

If I don't post again...I didn't.

Forum List

Back