CDZ Where did the jobs go, Mr. Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishlore

Silver Member
Aug 25, 2011
New Hampshire USA
Trump has made his political fortune on promising to deal with all those foreigners and illegal immigrants who have stolen jobs from Rustbelt American workers. This promise has particular appeal in the Mid-West, where the automotive industry has been the lynchpin of manufacturing and seen more than its share of shut-down factories. Sure enough, the top two auto automotive producers are Michigan and Ohio. Together they employ over a million workers. Next comes Indiana but coming ahead of Illinois is Texas, whose 502 auto manufacturing establishments put the Lone Star State just behind Indiana's 519 and just ahead of Illinois with its 371. Big player, Texas. That's the top five auto states.

The next five on the list are the real surprise. Theyare, in order, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. Notice anything funny there? These are all low-wage Southern states! That's were those American jobs have gone. It isn't starving Mexicans who have gutted the Mid-West manufacturing, its the Good Old Boys whose votes are the new base of the Republican Party.

Trump promises to bring back jobs. He rants at Mexico and China. Recently he has put South Korea on the list, but the one thing he won't tell those voters in Michigan and Ohio is that the place their jobs have actually gone to is Kentucky (Mitch McConnell), and Alabama (Jeff Sessions), and, yes, even Mississippi!

Trump has made his political fortune on promising to deal with all those foreigners and illegal immigrants who have stolen jobs from Rustbelt American workers. This promise has particular appeal in the Mid-West, where the automotive industry has been the lynchpin of manufacturing and seen more than its share of shut-down factories. Sure enough, the top two auto automotive producers are Michigan and Ohio. Together they employ over a million workers. Next comes Indiana but coming ahead of Illinois is Texas, whose 502 auto manufacturing establishments put the Lone Star State just behind Indiana's 519 and just ahead of Illinois with its 371. Big player, Texas. That's the top five auto states.

The next five on the list are the real surprise. Theyare, in order, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. Notice anything funny there? These are all low-wage Southern states! That's were those American jobs have gone. It isn't starving Mexicans who have gutted the Mid-West manufacturing, its the Good Old Boys whose votes are the new base of the Republican Party.

Trump promises to bring back jobs. He rants at Mexico and China. Recently he has put South Korea on the list, but the one thing he won't tell those voters in Michigan and Ohio is that the place their jobs have actually gone to is Kentucky (Mitch McConnell), and Alabama (Jeff Sessions), and, yes, even Mississippi!

Here are some "car-industry" links I bookmarked over the course of my various personal inquiries into questions pertaining to automobile manufacturing in the U.S.
Some of that may be what you seek, some may not...I don't know for you didn't indicate for which of Fishlore's assertion(s) you desired corroboration.

Note:
Please don't respond to me about anything you find at the links above. I merely shared some of the info I have in my "Auto Manufacturing" bookmarks folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back