Where did that bank bailout go? Watchdogs aren't entirely sure

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
WASHINGTON — Although hundreds of well-trained eyes are watching over the $700 billion that Congress last year decided to spend bailing out the nation's financial sector, it's still difficult to answer some of the most basic questions about where the money went.

Despite a new oversight panel, a new special inspector general, the existing Government Accountability Office and eight other inspectors general, those charged with minding the store say they don't have all the weapons they need. Ten months into the Troubled Asset Relief Program, some members of Congress say that some oversight of bailout dollars has been so lacking that it's essentially worthless.

Where did that bank bailout go? Watchdogs aren't entirely sure - Yahoo! News

now to rub salt into the wounds:

U.S. banks to make $38 billion from overdraft fees: report

(Reuters) – Banks in the United States are poised to make $38.5 billion in customer overdraft fees this year, the Financial Times said, citing research by Moebs Services.

U.S. banks to make $38 billion from overdraft fees: report - Yahoo! News

Despite a new oversight panel, a new special inspector general, the existing Government Accountability Office and eight other inspectors general

Well as you see the unemployment is going down ... lol

Banks in the United States are poised to make $38.5 billion in customer overdraft fees this year, the Financial Times said, citing research by Moebs Services.

Your welcome for the bail out that you will not lend out!

Very distrubing isn't it?

America is no longer a nation with powerful banks.

Powerful banks basically own this nation

ed a friend of mine who leverages to the hilt...once told me....

you owe the bank 20 k...they own you...

you owe them a few million...you own them....

i never realized how right he was....

i hate banks....they outlawed loansharking and usery...but that is all banks really do

Forum List

Back