Where did republicans get the rap as racist when history says it was the demcrats?

So you had to go back - what. Half a century? I rest my case.

You don't have to go back at all for leftist racism;

oliphant_rice.gif

I rest my case.

Nothing racist about that.
Horseshit, but I know the mindset that programs you to say that: "It's impossible for liberals to be racist."
You whites do not even understand racism.
I understand racism as defined by the left: "Racism is anything the left doesn't like."

Who do minorities side with, liberals or conservatives?
Who talks to minorities as individuals, and who takes them for granted and treats them as monolithic voting blocs?

Horseshit, but I know the mindset that programs you to say that: "It's impossible for liberals to be racist."

I understand racism as defined by the left: "Racism is anything the left doesn't like."

Who do minorities side with, liberals or conservatives?
Who talks to minorities as individuals, and who takes them for granted and treats them as monolithic voting blocs?

Conservatives.

Minorities side with the left because they are the lesser of the two evils. They may screw up, but their intentions are good.

Do not think I did not notice that you avoided the question. Guess you had a problem phrasing 'They are not smart enough to know who really helps them' without sounding racist.

Your first link provides no evidence.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Donna Brazile.

Donna Brazile, a CNN contributor and a Democratic strategist, is vice chairwoman for voter registration and participation at the Democratic National Committee, a nationally syndicated columnist and an adjunct professor at Georgetown University. She was manager for the Gore-Lieberman presidential campaign in 2000 and wrote "Cooking with Grease."

Second link.

In 2008, Latino eligible voters accounted for 9.5% of all eligible voters, up from 8.2% in 2004. Similarly, the share of eligible voters who were black increased from 11.6% in 2004 to 11.8% in 2008. The share of eligible voters who were Asian also increased, from 3.3% in 2004 to 3.4% in 2008. In contrast, the share of eligible voters who were white fell from 75.2% in 2004 to 73.4% in 2008.

Third link.

GOP Voting Laws Could Swing the 2012 Election

Note the word "could".

Fourth link.

The Supreme Court’s decision in the Indiana voter ID case also suggests the court would be skeptical of a Section 2 case.

Supreme Court Upholds Voter Identification Law in Indiana
The Supreme Court upheld Indiana’s voter-identification law on Monday, declaring that a requirement to produce photo identification is not unconstitutional and that the state has a “valid interest” in improving election procedures as well as deterring fraud.

Conservatives.

Minorities side with the left because they are the lesser of the two evils. They may screw up, but their intentions are good.

Do not think I did not notice that you avoided the question. Guess you had a problem phrasing 'They are not smart enough to know who really helps them' without sounding racist.

Blacks side with the left because of entitlements.

Hispanics have not traditionally sided with the left, though the support of open borders have led to Mexicans support of the democrats. Most other Hispanics lean toward the GOP.

RECENT history, that's why.

Exactly. The Republican Party today is no longer the party of Lincoln. The achievements of the GOP in terms of civil rights and racial equality are glorious, but they're all from long ago and say nothing about where the party has moved to since the 1960s.

Again can we get facts here? What are we talking about that makes the GOP racist?

I do not think the GOP is racist.

In fact, I think it's classist rather than racist.

But as BLACKS are mostly in the CLASS that the GOP clearly detests?

Well that is where the perception of racism is stemming from.

When the GOP stands for helping the working man (instead of the MASTERS) THEN the GOP will start to see BLACKS coming into the fold in greater numbers.

Conservatives.

Blacks side with the left because of entitlements.

Hispanics have not traditionally sided with the left, though the support of open borders have led to Mexicans support of the democrats. Most other Hispanics lean toward the GOP.

That IS racist.

Forum List

Back