Where Can I Find A Square (As Opposed to Rectangular) Computer Monitor?

As of today (11/6/2016), the two best options I've found are:
1. 26.5" 1920x19x20 for $1350.
EIZO FlexScan EV2730QFX 26.5" Square IPS Monitor
But, this is come out to 19x19 and that's too small.

OR

2. Build a huge 4x4 square with 4 separate 22" diagonal displays to get a width (19x2)=38 by a height (19x2=38) which is kind ridiculous. ($4x1100=$5k)
Samsung UD22B, 22'' LED-Backlit LCD Flat Panel Display
Too tall and too much $.

I'd like to find something around 23 x 23. Will have to continue to wait.

FYI: Why one big square monitor is better then two landscape monitors turned portrait is to remove the division of screens and have a single smooth contiguous viewing surface.

My monitor is totally tubular.

Anyway. Why do you need a square monitor? They have various modes and will display in the square mode with the sides blacked out on the display.

It has to do with resolution. Both my wife and myself have trouble with the higher resolution settings. Square monitors will tolerate the lowest resolution setting (800x600 or 1024x768). Rectangular monitors do not do well with the lower resolution settings. They require higher settings which reduce the size of everything on the screen to a level where it causes eye strain for us.

I wasn't aware that you can set a rectangular monitor so that it provides a square display. Will all rectangular monitors do that? That might be the answer to our problem.

Edit Note: Well, I'll be a big rat's ass - you're right! I just fiddled with the settings on my (rectangular) monitor at work. I can change it from 10x16 to 10x13. It's not square, but it's a damn sight better than before. When I do that, keeping the resolution the same, it makes the font/text look much better than with the same resolution on a more rectangular screen.
Well damn. I have an old HP monitor that is square that I use as My instrument panel on My FSX flight simulator. I was going to let you have it for a cool 7500.00 thinking you were truely desperate.. LOL

Are ya in the Louisville area?

Not even the DAV and Goodwill stores accept CRT donations...

... nobody wants `em, ever'body wants the flat screens.

I still got a 20" & 21" CRT.

Forum List

Back