Where can I educate myself politically?

I joined up with the hopes of learning about politics. But I've realized it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.

The problem I've been having is distinguishing the real facts from someones opinion. You see, I've noticed that many posters are pretty biased in their comments. And I speak in regards to both parties.

I'll admit even I tend to get carried away often times and will come off as ignorant some times. I'm sure some of you have picked up on my right lean by now.

Anyways, as a truly honest question, where can I go to find the most accurate information? Granted, I believe most sources will have their leaning regardless. But there must be at least some that call it as it is, right?

I'm 21 and have recently begun to understand just how important being informed is. Which is why I want to educate myself. I want to know the nitty gritty. I want to know what's really going on. But there's so much information out there and different sources that it's a little overwhelming.

Thanks, I appreciate all your replies; NaziCons and Liberturds alike. :D

Common sense should tell you what to support what to oppose what to believe in.

If you don't have any, you'll probably end up a conservative.

this is the kind of person from either side you dont want to listen too.....a tent thrower.....they are the ones with no common sense....when you see a person who finds only fault in the "other Party".....tell the person thanks....and move on.....

Search for "Guilty of Just Thinking- the Series" at the Barnes and Noble.com website. Parts 1 and 7 are memoirs, 2-6 classic political argument and 8-10 pure politics. Haha...

Don't trust ANYTHING from the Pub propaganda machine: Rush, Beck, Fox, RW webstites, Blogs, notice the 15 pages of RW institutes, orgs, websites that cover the same Pubcrappe stories every time within minutes. Check everything at Snopes and other factcheckers.

let me add to Frankies post here.....something he overlooked.....dont trust ANYTHING from BOTH Parties propaganda machines....

Search for "Guilty of Just Thinking- the Series" at the Barnes and Noble.com website. Parts 1 and 7 are memoirs, 2-6 classic political argument and 8-10 pure politics. Haha...

Don't trust ANYTHING from the Pub propaganda machine: Rush, Beck, Fox, RW webstites, Blogs, notice the 15 pages of RW institutes, orgs, websites that cover the same Pubcrappe stories every time within minutes. Check everything at Snopes and other factcheckers.

let me add to Frankies post here.....something he overlooked.....dont trust ANYTHING from BOTH Parties propaganda machines....

Bingo...

I joined up with the hopes of learning about politics. But I've realized it's a lot harder than I thought it would be.

The problem I've been having is distinguishing the real facts from someones opinion. You see, I've noticed that many posters are pretty biased in their comments. And I speak in regards to both parties.

I'll admit even I tend to get carried away often times and will come off as ignorant some times. I'm sure some of you have picked up on my right lean by now.

Anyways, as a truly honest question, where can I go to find the most accurate information? Granted, I believe most sources will have their leaning regardless. But there must be at least some that call it as it is, right?

I'm 21 and have recently begun to understand just how important being informed is. Which is why I want to educate myself. I want to know the nitty gritty. I want to know what's really going on. But there's so much information out there and different sources that it's a little overwhelming.

Ludwig von Mises Institute : The Austrian School Is Advancing Liberty
Read everything there. Many books there are available for free download.
Economics, politics, philosophy...you will not be disappointed.

He might be disappointed when he can't find any countries that have been successful following the Austrian school of economics.

Ludwig von Mises Institute : The Austrian School Is Advancing Liberty
Read everything there. Many books there are available for free download.
Economics, politics, philosophy...you will not be disappointed.

He might be disappointed when he can't find any countries that have been successful following the Austrian school of economics.
Well, only if you don't count, for the most part, the first 150 years of America.

It just takes experience... I started my political life as a Democrat and over time, after raising a family, starting my own practice, etc., I ended up on the conservative end of the spectrum.

Immerse yourself in American history – to understand this Nation’s politics today, you need to understand this Nation’s past; the political underpinnings of today’s partisan doctrine and dogma, and the evolution of today’s political institutions.

Take one of those political quizzes like isidewith.com.

It will present major topics and get you to thinking how you feel about them.

Then read up on each topic. Then retake the quiz.

Forum List

Back