Where are we at with the current Middle East "Scorecard"?

And ISIS certainly would have had a harder time getting established in Iraq if they had tried that under the barrels of our tanks. They only took off after our troops left.
So how long should our troops have stayed? 15 years? 50 years? Getting shot at the entire time?
Actually, I think the war was a mistake to begin with. Saddam may have been an ass hole, but he could have kept a lid on things, and he was leaving us alone after Desert Storm. But you need to remember that the Democrats voted for the war too, so it was a joint venture.

And after the genie was out of the bottle
, we had to deal with it.

Obama pulled our troops out against the advice of our generals, and if we have to go back in now, the casualties will be higher than they would have been if we had not allowed ISIS to take over half of Iraq. Just think the Battle of Fallujah on a massive scale.
No it was NOT a joint venture. When you have to coerce people with "You are with us or with the terrorists" and it happened right after 9/11 using falsified intel, then it's NOT a joint venture.

To Republicans, how many years should we have kept troops in Iraq, even AFTER they told us to leave? There has to be more than "it's Obama's fault". We know the Iraq invasion was Bush's fault. Remember "Mission Accomplished"? Bush was even proud of it.

Rdean

Actually, members of Congress have access to the same Intel the President sees. And if you are saying the Democrats were "coerced", then you are obviously saying they are spineless jellyfish without the ability to think for themselves.

And one of those Senators who voted for the war was Hillary Clinton.

Are you sure you want to say that about your candidate for President?

To Republicans, how many years should we have kept troops in Iraq, even AFTER they told us to leave? There has to be more than "it's Obama's fault". We know the Iraq invasion was Bush's fault. Remember "Mission Accomplished"? Bush was even proud of it.

Iraq was a mistake, but you don't compound it with another mistake by leaving without at least a decent chance of a good outcome, I'd say the same thing if repub was faced with this.

As far as the ME goes, Obama screwed up in Egypt, Libya and Syria and the Region is much worse off than it was when he took over.

If we should have learned anything from the last 50 years it is that if we aren't going to finish what we start we need to leave those damn dictators alone unless they poke the bear.

And you still haven' t addressed how the situation deteriorated under Obama. Why not?

The Middle East was relatively stable until the ill advised invasion of Iraq. So where are we at since that debacle:

Republicans removed the Sunni government and disbanded the military of Iraq making Iraq the new best friend of Iran and putting Shiites in power.

The Sunni's from Saddam's former military became the reason Isis seems to be the best military in the Middle East.

Iran's Shiites are fighting Isis Sunni's so the US is now on the side of Iran.

Then Iran backs militants in Yemen which puts us on the opposite side of Iran and on the side of the Saudi's which is where the 9/11 bombers came from.

In Syria, the US is on the opposite side of Syria who have been killing their own people, on the opposite side of Isis who has taken Syrian territory and the on the opposite side of Iran which has been funding insurgents in Syria. That puts us on the opposite side of everyone.

How do Republicans fit in? Seems they want to send more troops over there and bomb everywhere. They aren't quite sure where they want to bomb, but they definitely want to bomb someone.

On top of that, Europe, Russia and China have been negotiating with Iran to come to an agreement that Iran won't develop nuclear weapons. Republicans have almost surely scuttled that probably guaranteeing that Iran will acquire nuclear weapons. The GOP solution to bomb everywhere won't work because Iran has been building their facilities deep underground for decades. All bombing them will do is unite the entire Arab world against the United States. Republicans don't understand that because they don't believe in education and know nothing about the Arab world even after their fiasco triggered all this violence.

Is that about it? Does that summarize where we are at?
we can thank bill kristol of PNAC fame (google it) and the rw idiots who listened to him (cheney & bush

Remember Obama?
"Yemen was a huge success"

Iraq was a mistake, but you don't compound it with another mistake by leaving without at least a decent chance of a good outcome, I'd say the same thing if repub was faced with this.

As far as the ME goes, Obama screwed up in Egypt, Libya and Syria and the Region is much worse off than it was when he took over.

If we should have learned anything from the last 50 years it is that if we aren't going to finish what we start we need to leave those damn dictators alone unless they poke the bear.

Lying us into a war is not a mistake. It's makes bushcheney an international criminal/terrorist. What's bush's murder rate now, not just the military, but Iraqi innocents?

Remember Obama?
Apparently according to Obama, it is! Wonder why?

Remember Obama?

Because nothing bad can ever be allowed to happen under Obama....
Even when something bad happens during Obama's term...or Obama's rule as Valerie Jarrett likes to put it.

Remember Obama?

Because nothing bad can ever be allowed to happen under Obama....
Even when something bad happens during Obama's term...or Obama's rule as Valerie Jarrett likes to put it.

Nothing bad happened under Obama like 9-11, Iraq/wmd gate, and the big crash that wiped out the pensions and savings of millions of Americans. Things are better under Obama no matter what you're told by right wing media. I gotta keep reminding you people, hard to do with right wing hate being pumped out 24/7.

Jasonfree

Then I guess you're saying the rise of ISIS is a good thing.

Along with the ME going to hell.

I would sure hate to see your definition of something bad happening under Obama.

Bu$hCo, at the current Fox employee- Bill kristol's request, went over there and kicked an unpaid-for $3 TRILLION hornet's nest. Thanks Fox & Repubs :up_yours:

Rdean

Actually, members of Congress have access to the same Intel the President sees. And if you are saying the Democrats were "coerced", then you are obviously saying they are spineless jellyfish without the ability to think for themselves.

And one of those Senators who voted for the war was Hillary Clinton.

Are you sure you want to say that about your candidate for President?
Then why didn't any of them speak up when Powell was speaking at the UN????

See, don't be so smug with stupid.

Jasonfree

Then I guess you're saying the rise of ISIS is a good thing.

Along with the ME going to hell.

I would sure hate to see your definition of something bad happening under Obama.
Why would you say something so ridiculously stupid?

Forum List

Back