Where Are The USMB Independents On The Romney/Trump/Birther Issue?

I have a question, Marc.

We have high unemployment. We have inflating food and energy costs. We have insane debt. We have violent revolutions going throughout the world. We have corruption, hubris, and insanity at all levels of government.

Considering all that, why the hell do you think anyone cares one iota about Donald Trump and the birthers?

Take a look at that recent birther thread and ask me that question again.

Again, there are A LOT of RWers on this very board who are giving credence to that asinine meme. I've lost a lot of respect and good will for many of them. Many of which we've made strides w/in the past two years, all lost in that crazy thread.

You better start looking at and questioning your side bub.

I'm not talking about those rabid RWers that are ashamed of the Bush legacy that's afraid to be called Republican now, I'm talking about the real, true, bonafide middle-of-the-road folks. The ones that have voted both parties at all levels.

How is this Trump/Romney/Birther thing sitting with you?

Not well.

I think it shows that Romney has serious problems standing up to the more extreme elements on his side.

I think at some point, he realized that he wasn't going to win more of the center than John McCain did, and he realized the only way to win this election was to get the extreme to show up while hoping Obama's supporters would be disillusioned

I'm not talking about those rabid RWers that are ashamed of the Bush legacy that's afraid to be called Republican now, I'm talking about the real, true, bonafide middle-of-the-road folks. The ones that have voted both parties at all levels.

Obama told his publisher and his colleges that he was born in Kenya, so that makes him a birther too, no?

It just shows me that the loons still have too much influence in the party, and reminds me why I hope they're marginalized soon. Their behavior is an embarrassment, and I have no doubt that the more pragmatic members of the party agree.

I also have no doubt that the Dems just love this stuff.

I was unaware of the requirement that a political candidate must either agree publicly, or disavow publicly, every opinion one of their supporters espouses.

I think Obama is unaware of that requirement as well.

You're a liar. Of course you morons want to tie any supporter to Obama.

show me the post where I was aware of the requirement that a political candidate must either agree publicly, or disavow publicly, every opinion one of their supporters espouses.

fucking holocaust denying douchebag.

Trump seems to be priming up for another public embarassment like he got when Obama referred to him as a Circus Barker and/or when he pwn3d his ass at the roast.

Some palookas don't know when to quit.

Seems to be working quite well in the two-teeth/one-teeth, redneck set though.

Seen quite a few RWers on this very board run with it and have a field day with it.

That's who you guys are backing?

Should be fun times.

trump is an idiot. who cares?

that is all

On this Trump is an idiot but who the fuck cares.

Trump ain't running for POTUS so who give a shit what he thinks on an issue.

Why the hell should Romney repudiate what Trump believes??

I see your running with it as well Marc. Got doubts about your boy??

I have a question, Marc.

We have high unemployment. We have inflating food and energy costs. We have insane debt. We have violent revolutions going throughout the world. We have corruption, hubris, and insanity at all levels of government.

Considering all that, why the hell do you think anyone cares one iota about Donald Trump and the birthers?

Again, there are A LOT of RWers on this very board who are giving credence to that asinine meme. I've lost a lot of respect and good will for many of them. Many of which we've made strides w/in the past two years, all lost in that crazy thread.

waaa, and there were a lot that of people who gave credence that Bush was AOL from his military service..Dan Rather PRESENTED FAKE papers on a news show even

so as for you ALL whining about this so called, birther issue...this is for you:eusa_boohoo:

I have a question, Marc.

waaa, and there were a lot that of people who gave credence that Bush was AOL from his military service..Dan Rather PRESENTED FAKE papers on a news show even

so as for you ALL whining about this so called, birther issue...this is for you:eusa_boohoo:

And when they were proven to be fakes, they repudiated the story and Dan Rather eventually lost his job.

But stories that Bush was less than an ideal Guard Member long preceeded the Rather story. Such as the fact he reported to few drills in his last year.

Now, a lot of that was because people just didn't understand how the National Guard worked back then (and still works now, to some degree).

trump is an idiot. who cares?

I'm not sure that this really needs to be said, but what the hell, I have a minute.

• Trump is a very well-known individual.
  • Trump is a hall of fame publicity hound.
  • Trump is campaigning for Romney.
  • Trump is fundraising for Romney.
  • Trump had/has many supporters in the GOP.
  • Trump is a loudmouth.
  • Trump is a birther.
Now, if you want to pretend that this doesn't matter, okay, sure, but I think there's some serious denial going on here.

Is Donald Trump secretly supporting President Obama? - CSMonitor.com

Last edited:

I'm one of those, having voted for several Democrat Governors and Senators in Georgia, Ross Perot and George Bush. And, I was pleased when Obama actually honored GWB's agreement to get out of Iraq.

It seems that Romney has his opinion and Trump has his and they are polar opposite on the birther thing.

My best friend is a hard core lefty and we don't agree on many political issues, but he is still my best friend.

Nothing to see here.

I'm sure like Obama sat in someones church for 20yrs and didn't hear any of the "crazy" stuff Rev. Wright said, Romney doesn't hear what Trump has to say on this topic

:lol:

again...............waaaa:eusa_boohoo:

And when they were proven to be fakes, they repudiated the story and Dan Rather eventually lost his job.

But stories that Bush was less than an ideal Guard Member long preceeded the Rather story. Such as the fact he reported to few drills in his last year.

Now, a lot of that was because people just didn't understand how the National Guard worked back then (and still works now, to some degree).

I served in the Guard for two years before going active duty and I missed a lot of drills while I was away to College. My CO let me make up the drills during summer vacation. Is that what you were referring too?

And, I would like to mention that no National Guardsman in the history of the Republic has ever been charged with being AWOL (unless they were on active duty) Check the UCMJ if you are in doubt. So the AWOL charge was made and repeated by abject idiots.

During Vietnam, and I assume it is the same now, a Guardsman that missed too many drills was discharged from the Guard at the direction of his/her Commanding Officer. They then became eligible for the draft. If Bush missed all of those meetings without his CO's permission, his CO was remiss in his duties.

Last edited:
Wonder if everyone supporting Barry could pass the I'm perfect test??

Doubt it.

Again. Trump isn't running for POTUS but he's supporting Romney. So are loads of others. If Trump has a question about Barrys BC then he's in line with loads of others in America and not just well know people either.

I have no problem with DT. I like the guy but think he's out there on this issue along with many others.

Will the fact that he has doubt about Barrys BC and support Romney make me not vote for Romney?

Not hardly.

I served in the Guard for two years before going active duty and I missed a lot of drills while I was away to College. My CO let me make up the drills during summer vacation. Is that what you were referring too?

Something like that.

The Guard has all sort of little tricks to keep attendence and manpower up. We had one trick called a "ING" - Individual National Guard, where the member had a job conflict, and they were put on an inactive status where they were only required to show up for one UTA a year.

They used to have about 10 codes for people who didn't show up for drills.

My only complaint with Bush was that he was an officer and should have been setting a better example than some kid at college.

Trump seems to be priming up for another public embarassment like he got when Obama referred to him as a Circus Barker and/or when he pwn3d his ass at the roast.

Some palookas don't know when to quit.

Seems to be working quite well in the two-teeth/one-teeth, redneck set though.

Seen quite a few RWers on this very board run with it and have a field day with it.

That's who you guys are backing?

Should be fun times.

Who is "you guys"?
I don't know of a single conservative who is backing Trump for anything.

I'm sure like Obama sat in someones church for 20yrs and didn't hear any of the "crazy" stuff Rev. Wright said, Romney doesn't hear what Trump has to say on this topic

Are you still whining about Wright?

Are you still whining about the birthers, Romney and Trump?...waaaaa

Last edited:

Um, yeah, considering that Rawmoney is running for President with Trump at his side... I think that's a fairly important issue.

I don't want a president who will take Trump's calls. Why would you?

Um, yeah, considering that Rawmoney is running for President with Trump at his side... I think that's a fairly important issue.

I don't want a president who will take Trump's calls. Why would you?

I didn't want one who would take Rev. Wrights calls, install some of the most racist and incomptent people in his administation, insult our allies, can't pronounce the branches of our military men and women, etc... but I'll be damned if he isn't President

Last edited:

Forum List

Back