Where are the libs on this one?

MissileMan said:
So what? Not even liberals are claiming that individuals, including politicians, can't attend religious services.

I can guarantee that if she had gone to a new Church sporting a bible in-hand, or worse yet (gasp) a plaque of the 10-commandments - they'd be all over it..

MissileMan said:
So what? Not even liberals are claiming that individuals, including politicians, can't attend religious services.
She went on official business as the Governor, not as a citizen attending a church service.

-Cp said:
For all the libs that think we have "Seperation of Church and State"?

The Governer in Kansas Visited a new Mosque WEARING A HEADSCARF!!

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/12128540.htm

then one would think she could attend a mosque in Saudi Arabia wearing a mini-skirt...if she respected their customs in our country...well fair play would be that the Saudis would respect our customs in their country...don't ya think...after all they are a peaceful and considerate nation and religion! :huh:

freeandfun1 said:
She went on official business as the Governor, not as a citizen attending a church service.

Again, so what? If the President goes to a baseball game, it's not necessarily an endorsement of either team or baseball. I suppose no politicians have ever been present at the opening of a new Christian church?

MissileMan said:
Again, so what? If the President goes to a baseball game, it's not necessarily an endorsement of either team or baseball. I suppose no politicians have ever been present at the opening of a new Christian church?

Baseball isn't an established religion....

It's not so much that she went, it's the fact she "endorsed them" by wearing a head scarf...

MissileMan said:
She's not Muslim and she went there and put on Islamic garb to satiate their desires. Is akin to endorsing the religion as far as I am concerned. Even Gore didn't bow to Buddah when he was illegally taking contributions from the temple in LA.

There is a fine line and she crossed it. She could have gone without taking on their rituals. She is the governor. I could understand if she were Muslim.

C'mon, if this weren't a Mosque, you would be all over this like white on rice.

-Cp said:
For all the libs that think we have "Seperation of Church and State"?

The Governer in Kansas Visited a new Mosque WEARING A HEADSCARF!!

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/12128540.htm

OhMy---! Where is the ACLU? Call them quick! A secular public-paid governor in a RELIGIOUS place?! This governor must be sued!! How could she even THINK to put secular public time in on a RELIGIOUS organization?! A muslim headscarf on a public official? A Governor, no less?! This is as bad -nay,worse!- than a teacher wearing a cross in public school! Abominations!!! Think of the hurt feelings and threats to minorities! Liberals! Hurry! Call the ACLU right away!!! This straying Democrat Governor must be banned!!

freeandfun1 said:
She's not Muslim and she went there and put on Islamic garb to satiate their desires. Is akin to endorsing the religion as far as I am concerned. Even Gore didn't bow to Buddah when he was illegally taking contributions from the temple in LA.

I'll wager he took his shoes off though...no different than this.

Liberals beleive in seperation of church and state. They do not beleive that America has nessecarily achieved it; or that it is even a good role-model on it.

I must also point out that being a Democrat does not nessecarily make you a liberal. Liberalism is an ideolology not a political party.

ploitical-guru said:
Liberals beleive in seperation of church and state. They do not beleive that America has nessecarily achieved it; or that it is even a good role-model on it.
we all belive that....however liberals are trying to change the word to elimination .........soory gabby i was born this way....no one would choose to be this dumb

-Cp said:
Baseball isn't an established religion....

It's not so much that she went, it's the fact she "endorsed them" by wearing a head scarf...

Who cares she was trying to respectful to their faith.

Forum List

Back