Where are the jobs?

JimJones

May 21, 2009
Tampa,Fl
We finally got some good news from the economy. Instead of reaching the expected 9.6% unemployment, we (only) hit 9.5%, which is a 26 year high. Jeannine Aversa AP News reported that, “If laid-off workers who have given up looking for new jobs or have settled for part-time work are included, the unemployment rate would have been 16.5 percent in June.”

Obama feed us the “great depression” line to help push his stimulus (spending) bill through. The result was the birth of the biggest spending bill of all time in the amount of $787,000,000,000. This bill was to create 3 million jobs. Then later the message changed to 4 million jobs. Then Obama changed the message once more to save or create 3.5 million jobs. So the bill was passed, unread but the House or Senate. It also wasn’t posted on the internet for us to read as Obama had once promised. I guess 5 days would have not saved the marsh mouse in San Francisco, which the stimulus bill supported thanks to San Francisco area resident, Nancy Pelosi.

Now, after spending almost a trillion dollars and borrowing $.46 cents of every dollar, I have one question. WHERE ARE THE JOBS?

The United States Unemployment Rate

2008-12 7.20

2009-01 7.60
Obama
2009-02 8.10

2009-03 8.50

2009-04 8.90

2009-05 9.40

NOW June = 9.5%

Obama had said if the stimulus bill was passed we would stay under 8% unemployment. Now, just last week he changed his tone and is saying that we might see 10% before the year is up. Well, let me say that we could see 10% unemployment by September and I don’t need to have a Harvard degree to see double digit unemployment coming.

Obama has been in office for a little over 5 months now and unemployment has jumped 2.25% since Bush left office. Bush had one of the longest runs on job creation then any other President. Bush started with a dotcom recession that Clinton handed to him and 9-11. I had plenty of issues with Bush, but was the past 8 years really that bad?

I was making money under Bush and under Obama I’m making nothing, nada, zero, zip!

Source: miseryindex.us, newsbuster.org, conference-board.org, AP News

-JimJones

BorderlineIQ

Jim Jones (BorderlineIQ) on Twitter

Please don't try to confuse us all with facts. We are in great shape. Our current government tells us so! Let's shovel some more shit...:dig:

New Topics

Forum List

Back