Where Are The Jobs

Ask John Boehnor and Mitch McConnell why they had signed a pledge to demand cuts in spending after their party borrowed 80% of all the debt accrued across 232 years and funneled it to the rich in the form of tax cuts.

Did your IQ test return a negative result?

Tested three times. In high school, in OCS in the army and once by mensa in Knoxville, TN. Average of the three scores.......129.

winners2.jpg

Then how is it you refuse to see the huge amount of debt that is squarely on the shoulders of Obama?? You are fucking deluded...

Lowering taxes in 2001 did create jobs. We had near full employment until 2006 when Democrats took office.

At this point, increasing taxes would burden the economy. refusing to raise taxes isnt going to create jobs, it's just going to prevent us from losing more jobs.

If you want to see job creation explode in record numbers you will recommend:

1) Cutting taxes further
2) Serious spending cuts, and
3) Eliminating regulation.

Do these three things, and you will see unprecedented economic growth. Unfortunately, the last President to actually accomplish this was Calvin Coolidge. Amost 90 years ago. Since he left office, startng with Hoover onward there has been nothing but big government politicians in control.

Yeah like the fantasitic Reagan years. He and Bush41 quadrupled the national debt and funneled trillions of dollars of the borrowed money into the pockets of the wealthiest Americans through tax cuts.

The only thing wrong about the Democrats taking the congress is that it was too late.

In the 2006 elections 31 congressional seats changed to the Democrats and after 14 years of being the majority the Republicans became the minority party. The first thing the Democrats did was vote to increase the minimum wage which had stagnated. I wonder if it had anything to do with this

Notice that all wage groups except the top 21% lost ground:

winners2.jpg

So in other words, you really didn't care about getting an answer to your question and the second you got one you didn't like you were planning to change your argument like you did here?

That's very dishonest. Why do you think it necessary to use deceptive practices to make your points? Are you that insecure with your position? Do you want to ignore the facts as they are that much that you have to create redherrings whenever you hear an answer you don't like? Is the truth that tax cuts work really so offensive?

Ask John Boehnor and Mitch McConnell why they had signed a pledge to demand cuts in spending after their party borrowed 80% of all the debt accrued across 232 years and funneled it to the rich in the form of tax cuts.

Tested three times. In high school, in OCS in the army and once by mensa in Knoxville, TN. Average of the three scores.......129.

That low?

Republican politicians continue to repeat ad nauseum that the reason they defend low tax rates for the wealthy is to sustain an environment which creates new jobs. Tax rates at this time are the lowest they've been in nearly 50 years. Why is the unemployment rate hovering around 9%

22 thousand immediate jobs available if obamie okays the pipeline but his ignorant ass won't dew it.

Republican politicians continue to repeat ad nauseum that the reason they defend low tax rates for the wealthy is to sustain an environment which creates new jobs. Tax rates at this time are the lowest they've been in nearly 50 years. Why is the unemployment rate hovering around 9%

Because the president stalls on real chances to get people jobs, i.e. Keystone pipeline. YOu can't talk out of both sides of your mouth and still be credible.

22 thousand immediate jobs available if obamie okays the pipeline but his ignorant ass won't dew it.

There are also millions of shovel-ready jobs...

Oh, wait...

Oh and these "lowest" tax rates in nearly 50 years are still significantly higher than the percentage that Ben Franklin said would be extremely oppressive to the people.

Our founders thought 10% of their labor being taxed was oppressive. And now we are supposed to be happy that we are only giving 30-40%

There are also millions of shovel-ready jobs...

Oh, wait...

There are. Look at the folks here shoveling shit for Obama

winners2.jpg

You'd think the Army would test one's IQ BEFORE they get to OCS.

Fucking liar.

I was in the army in 1957 and 1958 and stayed in the national guards till 1964. The only time they ever tested my IQ that I know of was when they asked me if I might be interested in becoming an officer. It turned out to be academic anyway. We began to hear things about Vietnam and I had two young children at home so I opted to leave the guards anyway.

Who the phuck are you...cyberman with a crystal ball

Last edited:

Ask Obama. Apparently, he's the President.

Hmmmm...I don't think so. If he were the President wouldn't Obama be in Washington fixing things? I'm pretty sure he's just "running for President". I'm not sure but I think that W. guy is still President because he's the guy that so many folks here are talking about. It's time we got some "Change You Can Believe In" in the White House! I can't believe we let that Bush guy have three terms. Does Truth Matters know about that?(eye-roll)

Lowering taxes in 2001 did create jobs. We had near full employment until 2006 when Democrats took office.

At this point, increasing taxes would burden the economy. refusing to raise taxes isnt going to create jobs, it's just going to prevent us from losing more jobs.

1) Cutting taxes further

Do these three things, and you will see unprecedented economic growth. Unfortunately, the last President to actually accomplish this was Calvin Coolidge. Amost 90 years ago. Since he left office, startng with Hoover onward there has been nothing but big government politicians in control.

Yeah like the fantasitic Reagan years. He and Bush41 quadrupled the national debt and funneled trillions of dollars of the borrowed money into the pockets of the wealthiest Americans through tax cuts.

The only thing wrong about the Democrats taking the congress is that it was too late.

In the 2006 elections 31 congressional seats changed to the Democrats and after 14 years of being the majority the Republicans became the minority party. The first thing the Democrats did was vote to increase the minimum wage which had stagnated. I wonder if it had anything to do with this

winners2.jpg

Ya think? Raising the minimum wage certainly contributed to raising the unemployment numbers.

1) Cutting taxes further

winners2.jpg

Ya think? Raising the minimum wage certainly contributed to raising the unemployment numbers.

ROTFLMAO!

A Republican's dream. Three employees doing the work of five. Next thing you know we'll be returning to county poor houses.

Last edited:

winners2.jpg

ROTFLMAO!

A Republican's dream. Three employees doing the work of five. Next think you know we'll be returning to county poor houses.

What exactly did you think was going to happen when the government mandated a wage increase? I'll give you a hint,, in addition to rising unemployment, think "inflation".

hiring a man to fill holes in a boat will prevent a boat from sinking.

However...

Hiring a man to fill holes while having two men drilling new holes at the same time will result in the boat sinking.

Enough said with that.

They will now tell you that regulation is the problem.

Whatever the root of the problem is - it can't be a consumer demand issue - because that would imply that we need to shift some tax burden from middle to upper class (at least temporarily) - and the right in Congress has already indicated that is a "principle" they won't compromise.

What amazes me is that the founding fathers were able to compromise on the issue of owning other human beings as property - but the right won't compromise on a tax hike for the rich who now enjoy the lowest tax rates of their working lives (unless they are like 100 years old) - in exchange for spending cuts they claim are desperately needed,

Whatever the root of the problem is - it can't be a consumer demand issue - because that would imply that we need to shift some tax burden from middle to upper class (at least temporarily) - and the right in Congress has already indicated that is a "principle" they won't compromise.

What amazes me is that the founding fathers were able to compromise on the issue of owning other human beings as property - but the right won't compromise on a tax hike for the rich who now enjoy the lowest tax rates of their working lives (unless they are like 100 years old) - in exchange for spending cuts they claim are desperately needed,

Question for you.....

Lets say things were going well for you and you decided to put 75K in a new klitchen and bathroom in your home.

You had a nice job. You just received a raise...all is looking secure for you.

You started collecting bids...ready to dive into the project.

Then, out of the blue, you found out that your school and property taxes were going up. Likewise, whereas you got a raise, you found out that from next month on, you will need to pay for your own health insurance. Furthermore, you got a notice from your heating company saying that your contract expired, and your new contract will cost you about 20% more.

Would you reconsider the project on your kitchen and bath?

Enough said.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

( Sidebar) Are you saying that those that compromised their principles and allowed slavery did the right thing?

We had 4.2% at the start of 2001 and 9.4% unemployment by December of 2010, when the Bush tax cuts were due to expire. So, essentially, over the course of the Bush tax cuts being in effect, as they were originally designed,

unemployment effectively doubled.

How is that a case for job creation?

Question for you.....

Lets say things were going well for you and you decided to put 75K in a new klitchen and bathroom in your home.
LOL! I own a duplex valued at 197k. If I put a new kitchen and bathroom on the owner side (our side) for 75k, that's be over half the value of our one side of the house.

You had a nice job. You just received a raise...all is looking secure for you.

You started collecting bids...ready to dive into the project.

I would probably do most of the work myself. It would take me 5x longer than a pro maybe, but in my experience if you want something done right you have to do it yourself (just the other day my wife's car's oil light was on. So I look underneath and would you believe the lube people didn't screw the damn filter on tightly enough, and it came loose and spilled everywhere? Its not their car - so why would they care?)

Then, out of the blue, you found out that your school and property taxes were going up. Likewise, whereas you got a raise, you found out that from next month on, you will need to pay for your own health insurance. Furthermore, you got a notice from your heating company saying that your contract expired, and your new contract will cost you about 20% more.

Would you reconsider the project on your kitchen and bath?

Enough said.

Depends on what the property taxes actually do. Where I live now, every home owner pays an extra $200 a year in property taxes to fund our own neighborhood security - staffed by off-duty NOPD - and as a result our neighborhood is much safer than most of the rest of the city, and hence, our property values are higher. If I put 75k into our house the house will be worth that much more- in a shitty neighborhood with lots of crime if you dump 75k into a house the house will still be worth shit.

If my property taxes went up, I'd raise rent on the tenant side accordingly. After that, on the owner side, our 98.5k - 75k homeowners exemption leaves only a 23.5k tax base. Whooptee do.

Why would you ask a question - and then follow it with "enough said"? Obviously - if I get a raise, but my employer drops my health insurance and the raise can't make up the difference, I didn't really get a raise, did I ?

Heating company 'contract' ? WTF is that? I live in New Orleans. We don't understand such things. A space heater is more than enough.

Last edited:
Over 113,000 pages of new regs have been passed this year alone.

New companies can no longer afford to start up b/c they can't understand all the regs and can't afford the team of lawyers that can.

therefore big biz has no new competition to lose employees too. And since they can only expect more regs, thus increasing the cost of doing biz, they must wait it out or risk loosing enough capital to compete.

And what does that have to do with all the jobs lost in 2008, or 2009?

btw. There are 1.7 million more on the payrolls than there were a year ago.

Forum List

Back