Where Are The Jobs? No Job Bill Yet.

The reality is, the Republicans don't want to create jobs, they want to eliminate jobs. Their problem is,

owning up to that fact and getting on with it.

Correct. Republicans dont want to try to create jobs becuase they know the harder government tires, the worse it gets.
So they prefer to leave it up to the private sector.

The private sector is reporting record profits WITHOUT putting on more and more employees.

Why, under those circumstances, would the private sector want to hire more and more people?

Labor is a cost.

Desire for growth.
Desire to be number 1
Desire to expand to other markets.

You see....your real problem is you do not look at all of the facotrs...you just look at one factor.

Well...look at this...

During the 2000's....before the recession that hapopens every 6-8 years due to market saturation..

Population grew
Technology grew
Yet...
Unemplyment was at a very stable number

Now...why is this important?

Population grew...so no change in unempyment means more jobs are being created.
Technology is the number one job KILLER in todays world (not just the US)
So with a drastic change in technology...the need for as many employees for any given job decreased.....yet....unemployment did not.

So it seems to me that jobs were created during the 2000's....but you only look at one thing....you need to look at it all.

The reality is, the Republicans don't want to create jobs, they want to eliminate jobs. Their problem is,

owning up to that fact and getting on with it.

I don't know if you are a piss poor comedian

or just an lying asshole.

:eusa_think:

Do you wish to make that argument that if the GOP were able to reduce the size of government as they keep promising,

that that would NOT eliminate jobs??

Let's hear it.

So you are a comedian. whodathunkit.

reduce the size, lowers the cost, lower the cost, lower the debt, lower the debt, increase the value of the dollar, increase the value of the dollar, increase buying, increase buying, biz needs to hire, biz hires, lower unemployment.

but I've said this to you before. You simply are to simplistic to get it through you thick head.

We have increased debt to the point we will soon not be able to pay intrest on our loans.

we've said that to you, but you refuse to learn.

Once we can't make those payments, there will be real misery. These challenging times will be the good ol' days.

That's been said to you, time and time again. But it won't sink in this time either.

forget it. Lets just spend until there is nothing.

The other problem for the GOP congress is that their standard refrain, cut taxes cut taxes cut taxes,

got co-opted by Obama when he (foolishly) agreed to go along with their budget busting tax bill.

Why do you think they're talking about abortion? Because after tax cuts, what else do they have ?

Yeah...those foolish GOPers.....not making evey part of an Ameriucans life something the government should get involved with.
How lazy of them.

Ok then, you tell us what the GOP candidates were talking about when they were talking about jobs jobs jobs, and blaming the Democrats for not focusing on jobs jobs jobs.

Repealing the healthcare bill that is stunting job growth
Getting rid of any talk of cap and trade that was going to kill job growth
Stop the rhetoric of "business is bad"

Just to name a few

Yeah...those foolish GOPers.....not making evey part of an Ameriucans life something the government should get involved with.
How lazy of them.

Ok then, you tell us what the GOP candidates were talking about when they were talking about jobs jobs jobs, and blaming the Democrats for not focusing on jobs jobs jobs.

Just to name a few

Did requiring car insurance hurt job growth? I highly doubt it, considering that now everyone has to buy car insurance and it expanded the market. It will do the same thing with healthcare.

Just to name a few

Did requiring car insurance hurt job growth? I highly doubt it, considering that now everyone has to buy car insurance and it expanded the market. It will do the same thing with healthcare.

Yes..it definitely will.
Mandating that everyone buy a flat screen TV would do the same as well.
But if it is not consitutional, we cant do it.

And there is no mandate to buy car insurance for everyone. It is only mandated that you buy it if you opt to drive a car off your property.

Just as it is mandated that you can not drink if you opt to drive a car...but not all are mandated not to drink.

Just to name a few

Excuse me but not everyone has to buy car insurance. If you don't have a car, you don't have to buy it.

If you want to be congruent in your analogy you would have to say that Obamacare would be like making everyone buy a government approved auto insurance policy that covers things that people may not need or want even if they don't own a car.

Just to name a few

Excuse me but not everyone has to buy car insurance. If you don't have a car, you don't have to buy it.

If you want to be congruent in your analogy you would have to say that Obamacare would be like making everyone buy a government approved auto insurance policy that covers things that people may not need or want even if they don't own a car.

Well I guess if you really don't want health insurance(I don't know why), you should be able to not have too. My favorite part of the bill is how it makes it easier for people who can't afford it or have pre-existing conditions to get insurance.

Well I guess if you really don't want health insurance(I don't know why), you should be able to not have too. My favorite part of the bill is how it makes it easier for people who can't afford it or have pre-existing conditions to get insurance.

It's the government approved part I don't like. And really it's no one's fucking business whether or not I buy health insurance.

I am going to have to buy a much more expensive policy than the high deductible HSA policy I have now. I'll have to buy a policy that covers shit like drug and alcohol and mental health counseling even though I neither need nor want that coverage.

Last edited:

And that is where you are missing it.

You can NOT have one without the other.

Are you not aware that MOST would not have health insurance if pre existing condition clauses did not exist?

Look at the scenario...

Right now.....Most people spend about $500-$1000 a year on doctor routine visits...to buy insurance for single coverage is between 3-6K....and people pay that JUST IN CASE they get really sick....so for 500-1000 in savings they are spending 3-6K....certainly not cost effective...but the insurance is just that...INSURANCE of just in case.

Without pre-existing condition clauses...they would gladly spend the 500-1000 a year...and if they get sick...simply buy the insurance when it happens.

Thus why the mandate.

Ummm.. bills do not create jobs, unlike what the DEMs would love you to believe... a bill/law may create a government job... sucking off the taxation tit....

What will create the jobs is less interference by government... not more... and what I anticipate are bills to reduce government spending, reduce the deficit... bills that equalize % burden of taxation to ALL citizen earners.... bills to balance the budget, and bills to reduce the size and scope of government, which will eventually lead to a need for lesser taxation, which will lead to a stronger economy.... leading to more jobs

Loosen the handcuffs of freedom and commerce, and the jobs will follow

Eventually?

The immediate and direct result of cutting/slashing the budget will be to cause unemployment to spike as both fed, state, and municiple gov't workers and private sector workers are laid off in large numbers all across the country. Naturally, services will be cut as well. Additionally, discretionary spending will fall as people will have to spend a larger percentage of their money for necessities. The ripple effect will mean that inventories will rise because retail sales will fall, causing even more layoffs as employers cut back the hours of their workers.

People reallyt dont get it...do they.
I mean...really? with all of the debate?
People really dont understand WHY pre-exisiting condition clauses were insrtituted to begin with?

Not becuase the insurance companies were greedy....becuase the consumer was gaming the game.

Ummm.. bills do not create jobs, unlike what the DEMs would love you to believe... a bill/law may create a government job... sucking off the taxation tit....

What will create the jobs is less interference by government... not more... and what I anticipate are bills to reduce government spending, reduce the deficit... bills that equalize % burden of taxation to ALL citizen earners.... bills to balance the budget, and bills to reduce the size and scope of government, which will eventually lead to a need for lesser taxation, which will lead to a stronger economy.... leading to more jobs

Loosen the handcuffs of freedom and commerce, and the jobs will follow

The Republicans ran on job creation, and blamed Obama for the jobless recovery. Now DDave explains they really ran on trickle down policies.
Me thinks I've heard this all before.

Please show us where even once Republican running for office this time. Said anything about government spending money to create jobs.

Are you so far gone than you think the only way to create jobs is through Federal Spending?

Just to name a few

Yes..it definitely will.

And there is no mandate to buy car insurance for everyone. It is only mandated that you buy it if you opt to drive a car off your property.

Just as it is mandated that you can not drink if you opt to drive a car...but not all are mandated not to drink.

more importantly Mandates to buy Car insurance are enforced by the States. NOT the Federal government. Precisely because it is Unconstitutional for the Federal Government to do.

Not that I am surprised that yet another lefty appears unaware that we are a Federal Republic with A deliberate and important separation of Powers between the Fed and the Many states.

It's the government approved part I don't like. And really it's no one's fucking business whether or not I buy health insurance.

I am going to have to buy a much more expensive policy than the high deductible HSA policy I have now. I'll have to buy a policy that covers shit like drug and alcohol and mental health counseling even though I neither need nor want that coverage.

It's my business if you go to the emergency room with no way to pay for it.:evil:

It's my business if you go to the emergency room with no way to pay for it.:evil:

So it's your business if i don't pay my electric bill, or cell phone bill, or car payment, or mortgage, or credit card etc ad infinitum?

That's a specious argument.

Why? As I see it, that system was working just fine. I dont mind my tax dollars going to an ER so the poor can have healthcare. I DO mind the government turning healthcare upside down and still costing the tax payer just as much...if not more.

Just to name a few

Yes..it definitely will.

Studies show that 35% of all Drivers on the road do so uninsured. Why, Because despite State laws requiring it, they CAN"T afford it.

That's how your precious Government mandates work out.

Yes..it definitely will.

Studies show that 35% of all Drivers on the road do so uninsured. Why, Because despite State laws requiring it, they CAN"T afford it.

That's how your precious Government mandates work out.

But the feds will sic the IRS on your ass if you don't buy insurance

Why?
Do you hate the poor?

Forum List

Back