Where Are The Jobs CON$?

The bush Tax Cuts have been instituted for how long now and what do we have to show for it?

More jobs being shipped OUT of the kuntry than ever before?

So tell me Decepti, Neo, Repibli and other CON$......WHERE are the damned jobs?!?!?

Were you around two years ago for that whole thing called the mortgage melt down? :eusa_eh:

So it's all the Republican's fault even though your guys had a Democrat in the White House and a Super Majority in Congress? Why don't you ask them where the Jobs are? Hmm?

The bush Tax Cuts have been instituted for how long now and what do we have to show for it?

So tell me Decepti, Neo, Repibli and other CON$......WHERE are the damned jobs?!?!?

Were you around two years ago for that whole thing called the mortgage melt down? :eusa_eh:
You mean because of that false economy built in the 90s? Oh wait .....:cuckoo:

5% unemployment went away when democrats took over congress, never to be seen again.

I miss that.

the bullcrapometer just sky-rocked.....

What legislation did the democratic party pass and president bush signed in to law, caused the unemployment rate to zoom up?

The housing bubble collapse and banking collapses under president bush, is what has made unemployment rates go up silly one!

With bush, ue rate began at 4% and ended at 8.5%....they more than doubled under his reign....even with trillion plus in bailouts and conservatorships.

4.7% in 2001 and 5.8% in 2008.

united states unemployment rate 1920–2008 — infoplease.com
oops

the BULLCRAPOMETER just sky-rocked.....

what legislation did the democratic party pass and president bush signed in to law, caused the unemployment rate to zoom up?

THE HOUSING BUBBLE COLLAPSE and BANKING collapses under president bush, is what has made unemployment rates go up silly one!

with bush, UE Rate began at 4% and ended at 8.5%....they more than doubled under his reign....even with trillion plus in bailouts and conservatorships.

4.7% in 2001 and 5.8% in 2008.

United States Unemployment Rate 1920–2008 — Infoplease.com
here are the actuals, from bls.gov:

president bush's first month, february of 2001, was 4.2%

president obama's first month, feb of 2009 was 8.1%

Employment Situation Archived News Releases
yeah, after the dems had TWO YEARS of control of congress

i don't recall a Republican promising "shovel-ready jack shit".

You want to keep losing this argument, or what, pantywaist?
yeah, funny now how the Orwellian POTUS now claims there is no such thing as "shovel ready"

Which can be traced to Democrat policies.... "sub prime mtg loans" anyone?

i dont understand how theres such fervent endorsement and defense of the tax cuts - theyve done nothing but increase the deficit, and will continue to do so, quite simply because with two unwinnable wars still onging the country can't afford them. if they were so vital, then why has unemployment plummetted over the last ten years? but that seems to be the myth of the tax cut fairytale, isnt it? that more of the same will inevitably lead to prosperity? that cutting taxes and yet not doing anything significant to cut spending will cause growth?
i dont understand this flawed logic. what is it that the gop will cut to reduce spending? answer: repeal obamacare. ok, then we're returned to where we were before, a recession? The way this unsustainable tax system was designed promised that lower lower taxes on capital and dividends would improve the economy, create jobs, increae market performance, and raise everybody's income and not just the very rich, hasn't worked. once again, the gop=party of no solutions except a return to the flaws of the past.
these tax cuts were designed to expire, and they should have. too bad obama and the democrats are a spineless as ever.

My son, who is now living in Germany, was told he was laid off just a few months before Obamacare was passed. He was the highest paid and most experienced quality control person at his non-union aluminum pressing plant. He was also the only quality control person with diabetes. The company told him they had to shut down several presses and over half the people would be laid off. As the months went by and we drove past the plant we never noticed any decrease in the number of cars in the parking lot.

Then just 2 months before he left for Europe we saw a new press being delivered to the plant.

Now, we can only wonder, did Obamacare and his medical condition have anything to do with him getting laid off? Because it's obvious that they simply wanted him to go away and never did lay off anyone else.

BTW, not to worry I heard that the unemployment in DC was at 6% and that the Housing market there was doing great.

Last edited:
My son, who is now living in Germany, was told he was laid off just a few months before Obamacare was passed. He was the highest paid and most experienced quality control person at his non-union aluminum pressing plant. He was also the only quality control person with diabetes. The company told him they had to shut down several presses and over half the people would be laid off. As the months went by and we drove past the plant we never noticed any decrease in the number of cars in the parking lot.

Then just 2 months before he left for Europe we saw a new press being delivered to the plant.

Now, we can only wonder, did Obamacare and his medical condition have anything to do with him getting laid off? Because it's obvious that they simply wanted him to go away and never did lay off anyone else.

BTW, not to worry I heard that the unemployment in DC was at 6% and that the Housing market there was doing great.

if thats true, the biggest flaw of obamacare is that it basically trusts that employers and insurance companies will put the welfare of their constituents before their own greedy profit margins. but then again, you cant know why he was laid off.

if thats true, the biggest flaw of obamacare is that it basically trusts that employers and insurance companies will put the welfare of their constituents before their own greedy profit margins. but then again, you cant know why he was laid off.

True, we'll never know for sure. But knowing that they never did lay off anyone else.... And he had been there through 3 different owners over an 11 year time period. I think they were afraid of what his health care was going to cost. But then I can be wrong.

We had around 5% to full employment for nearly half a decade after the tax cuts were in place. Unemployment started going up sharply about the time Democrats took over Congress and started messing with things. Particularly the minimum wage.

I know it surprises you, but we did mention when you jack the minimum wage that people lose jobs. You did it anyway and oddly enough you're surprised when jobs are lost.

We tell you Obama care will cause more people to be uninsured. And low and behold it passes and more people are uninsured. So naturally we need more of Obamacare.

We tell you that overtaxing corporations and people with enough money to be mobile will cause them to take their operations and capital overseas. Low and behold you are shocked again. Your solution: Raise the taxes even higher and regulate them more.

We tell you overspending and going into debt is bad and that printing money to pay off that debt will make things even worse by causing massive inflation, you do it anyway. Shockingly prices are rising. (And we've hardly see the worst of it).

Are you starting to notice a pattern here?

Now instead of whining about where the jobs are, maybe you should instead get off your ass and create your own job. Then follow that up by learning how jobs are created and actually advocate for policies that will create them instead of doing more of the same and being completely confused about why nothings different.

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insanity.

shhesh avatar....you can not be serious???

the minimum wage hike caused our country to nearly go under and caused the mess we are in? cut us all a break, with that one!!!! HONESTLY!!!! unemployment ran at around 6% under president bush and got to 8.5% before he left office.... when president bush began his reign unemployment was around 4%.

most large corporations pay nothing in corporate taxes, we have the second or third lowest EFFECTIVE corp tax rate in the world.

PLEASE do some reading up on the facts....
Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | Reuters

all the crap laws were put into place by pols with their heads up corps' asses (they must have them, corps being "persons" now)

I guess it is that PEOPLE pay taxes but corp-persons do not...150 or so years ya been warned about corporations running things, and now we see where that got the country!

It really does sound like a reason for a discrimination lawsuit...

It really does sound like a reason for a discrimination lawsuit...

That is what I told him, but he wouldn't take action. At first he looked for other work but we all know the jobs situation. Then he started talking with his girlfriend from HS in Germany. and away he went. married after not seeing each other for 15 years. Hopefully he'll find a job at the Military base. He says his apartment complex is about 90% American so he might get some help to get on base employment.

Forum List

Back