Where are the foreclosed people?

Millions of entire families have been foreclosed out of their homes. Where are they?

It would seem they would be forced to steal food but there doesn't appear to be any crime wave. How do they manage?
There's this this new thing called "renting".

Rents around here have gone through the roof! What used to be $800 a month is now $1300 a month. Folks that couldn't make mortgage payments may not get through the credit checks, IF they could even hope to make those monthly payments. Norm around here is water is included, that's it.

I think many are living with relatives or friends, hoping to get the messes cleaned up and find full time work.

Is the OP doubting that people have been foreclosed on or American's ability to get by without having to resort to stealing?

I got downsized a few years ago and spent 6 months unemployed.
House foreclosed and 2 cars repo'd.
Had to move into Sect 8 housing for a year.
From there we paid down onto a lease option which we now sublet to our daughter and her kids while we live in a rented house with a 2011 F150 parked in the driveway.

And what's really weird?
I never had to steal a single penny to get back on my feet again.

Hilarious. Sect 8 IS government help. Getting help from the government isn't stealing. It's why we pay taxes.

construction people have been hard hit...my husband got his 1099's this year...less than half of what he made last year...i know 2 families that lost their homes....one is renting....one has moved to another state to live with family...foreclosed does not mean jobless but the under employment in the construction industry is crippling a lot of families..

construction jobs will go the way of textile jobs...it will never come back like it was..hard to believe that 3 years ago it was booming....people couldnt build spec houses fast enough...now they are trying to sell those specs houses at a greatly reduced rate

I disagree. While it will be a long time before there is a boom like a few years ago (a very huge speculative bubble), the very nature of construction means that it has to happen here. We can't build a house as a finished product in China and just ship it over here for consumption.

We have an over supply of houses. There will not be any homes built until there is a demand. There is also an over supply in commercial real estate. Until businesses increase there is not any sense in building more.
I haven't put on my tools for eighteen months. There is no jobs in sight. Now I buy foreclosed homes.

I've wired one new home last year, where i would wire a dozen during the boom years

just one more bubble, that's all i ask, we'll milk it for all it's worth stroking the ego's of the gluttonous mammonists, stepping right past those smelly foreclosed unseeable loosers

Is the OP doubting that people have been foreclosed on or American's ability to get by without having to resort to stealing?

From there we paid down onto a lease option which we now sublet to our daughter and her kids while we live in a rented house with a 2011 F150 parked in the driveway.

And what's really weird?

Hilarious. Sect 8 IS government help. Getting help from the government isn't stealing. It's why we pay taxes.
Rdean, I realize some of your posts are trollish. But I've gleaned some good information from others, so I don't categorically dismiss your replies like others may.
But this reply of your's is senseless and contradictory.
No, I haven't stolen anything as (like you said) I paid for that help.
How is that "hilarious"?

I never became addicted to the crack pipe of government aid.
I used only what I needed. Nothing more.
There are people in that community that have lived there for 10yrs or more, getting everything they can out of it.

It wasn't just single family homes that got overbuilt the same thing happened with hotels, apartments, condos, trailer lots and RV lots (plus RVs and trailers). For about 80K I can get a replined triple wide and 2.5 acres of land to put it on. That is much more housing than I have now and giving advances in hurricane protection just about as safe. I am 7 blocks from an extended stay hotel I can sell my current house, hold the note and have positive carry on living expenses. Or I can go ten blocks and get either a 4plex condo or an 8plex apartment and live off my rent. Everything in real estate is underwater.

And what's really weird?

Rdean, I realize some of your posts are trollish. But I've gleaned some good information from others, so I don't categorically dismiss your replies like others may.
But this reply of your's is senseless and contradictory.
No, I haven't stolen anything as (like you said) I paid for that help.
How is that "hilarious"?

I never became addicted to the crack pipe of government aid.
I used only what I needed. Nothing more.
There are people in that community that have lived there for 10yrs or more, getting everything they can out of it.

a grand example of the current gestalt though Horty

Wall street gets more of a handout (that you and i paid for) than we can concievably count zero's on, you get a handup (that you and i earned) and you're trailer trash

such tools need to have bad times come to their door(s)

Forum List

Back