Where are the Fiscal Conservatives? GOP Tax Bill Adds $1.7T to Debt

"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

GOP tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to debt: CBO

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.
Debt was only important when the black guy was in office.

"Here’s a bold prediction for the new year. By 2020, the American health insurance industry will be extinct. Insurance companies will be replaced by accountable care organizations — groups of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers who come together to provide the full range of medical care for patients. " -- Dr. Ezekiel Emmanuel, NYT, 2012

:popcorn:

I did appreciate your demonstration that you were capable of counting all the way to three.... that's two more than last week, keep up the good work!

....seriously? That is your proof that he "CAME OUT AND SAID OBAMACARE WAS DESIGNED TO FAIL"????
I never said "Obamacare was designed to fail" you did... what I actually said was "Obamacare was designed to collapse the private insurance market over the long haul," and that is what Dr. Emmanuel said as well

picard-facepalm.jpg

HE DID NOT SAY THAT - YOU ARE STRAIGHT FUCKING LYING OR ARE INSANE.

LOL, Post #131..... apparently you are unaware of how to scroll back through a thread, you don't understand English or are just allergic to honesty, if I had to guess based on what I've seen from you so far I'd say it's all three.

But you're more than welcome to cite the post # where I said "Obamacare was designed to fail"... happy hunting.

Ciao

Dickwad, you now claimed that Dr. Emmanuel said - "Obamacare was designed to collapse the private insurance market over the long haul"

He didn't say that, but you are not man enough to simply admit it and move on.

ROFLMAO, no moron that's what I said ... I quoted Dr. Emmanuel (one of the Architects of Obamacare) exactly and his statement says "By 2020 the American Health industry will be extinct" ..... Or is it that you don't understand that collapse and extinct in this context means the same thing?

Learn how to read.

Now back to your serial lying issue... I'm still waiting for you to point out where I said "Obamacare was designed to fail"; when in fact I've been saying the opposite all along, that it was designed to collapse the private market and pave the way for single payer and that the chances were very favorable that it would SUCCEED in doing it.

It's a hilarious that you're such a brainless hyper-partisan droid that you don't even understand the legislation you're waiving your pom-poms over... Sheesh if the Democrats passed legislation that mandated you jump off the roof of the Empire State Building I'm betting you'd be joyously shouting your support for it all the way down.

Ciao

"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.
You mean debt is important only now that Trump is in office. When Obama was in office a recession jusified a $1.5 trillion dollar deficit.

You mean debt is important only now that Trump is in office. When Obama was in office a recession jusified a $1.5 trillion dollar deficit.
Republicans ran on balancing the budget

What happened?

What happened?
Dims have made a stink about the deficit whenever a Republican was in office. On the other hand, they never complain when one of their weasels is in office.

What happened?
Dims have made a stink about the deficit whenever a Republican was in office. On the other hand, they never complain when one of their weasels is in office.
What happened to the Balanced Budget Ammendment they demanded while Obama was President?

What happened?

Sadly isn't that true both ways and a reason little to nothing is ever done concerning the debt.

Republicans were outraged over debt to stimulate the economy or for disaster relief

But debt to finance tax cuts for billionaires?
No problem

What happened?
What happened to the Balanced Budget Ammendment they demanded while Obama was President?

Would you support one now?

Recessions have that effect on debt — it’s expected. Now, the economy is doing better so the expectation is the deficit should shrink, if not disappear entirely.

What happened?

I am perfectly fine with balanced budgets
Nothing stopping Congress from doing it right now

Why don't they?

Is the right wing seriously considering a political platform, of making the rich richer and the poor, poorer, during alleged times of War?

Gentlemen, this is what it takes to achieve social objectives on a national basis:

In consideration of the monstrous sacrifice in property and blood that each war demands of the people, personal enrichment through a war must be designated as a crime against the people. Therefore, we demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

What happened?

Why don't they?

For the same reason we don't have term limits for Congress.

“Where are the fiscal conservatives?” Dear god, if you took half a second to think...if you are typing on this site, you SHOULD have the capacity to figure this out yourself. I doubt you are this dumb, I suspect you’re throwing out this very retarded 2nd grade level strawman question. GOP is usually for lower taxes, SMALLER GOVERNMENT, and definitely against wasteful government spending. Does that make that statement an Oxymoron like you are suggesting, if you’d answer yes, you are an uneducated idiot drone, who only listens to thing they want to hear to boost there own self esteem. The correct answer is no, and I’m not going to waste my life to take you from point A to point B for the answer to your question on this one because it isn’t necessary. If you already knew the correct answer, which you should, then that makes this you knowingly posting a strawman argument, and you don’t really know what it is exactly you believe or why, you just know that whatever the GOP or trump pushes you are supposed to hate, and fish for whatever reason you need to hate it, even if that reason is a total strawman argument.

Really, with a GOP controlled congress, senate, and whitehouse...the left should be jumping for joy at this tax plan, that does raise taxes for on the rich, some to almost 50%. So where are the left that believe that we should be raising taxes on the rich, that’s what’s happening, why are you against this? That’s actually a better OP, you should edit yours.

Ok but seriously.
Seriously, why isn’t your post “HEY, WE GOT HIGHER TAXES ON THE RICH, DESPITE A GOP CONTROLLED FED GOVT, WHY ARENT MORE ON THE LEFT OK WITH THIS PLAN?”

It isn’t because you do not think for yourself, and everything has to be either all good, or all bad, so don’t acknowledge the good when I’m supposed to cry foul.

What happened?

Why don't they?

What does one have to do with the other

Why don't they?

What does one have to do with the other

They're both about power.

Forum List

Back