Where are all the celebrities?

Why should they aid a multibillion dollar industry (s) in paying its debt (s) to society?

I don't think it would be so much aiding BP as it would be the people whose claims have not been processed or paid. They could at least have cash in hand to take care of necessities since they have no money coming in from employment and unemployment doesn't pay anywhere near what they would be making if they were employed.

Celebrities need a "cause" in order to act: Farm Aid concerts, AIDs concerts and benefit functions, "Save the Rats in the Mojave Desert" benefits ... they're not in touch with the idea that the people all along the US shores of the Gulf are suffering badly .... and besides, that ugly mess is not affecting their beaches or their view from their mansions on the hill.

Those quaint little towns all along the coast don't hold any interest to them. But, New Orleans? That's a different story. They can party hardy, stay in luxurious hotels and/or own their own home there.

Nope, Granny, I'm sorry. This was not a natural no fault disaster, this one carries liability, and the liability belongs to BP and Halliburton, and another company (Ocean something). Their assets should immediately cover damages, as it is nobody's fault but their own that this happened. Any fund raising would lessen that liability, and reduce the pressure on these douche bags to pony up for what they are responsible for causing

You're correct - it is a man-made disaster and BP should foot the bill for it. But right now - today - these people are being held in limbo by slow and/or non-payment of claims by BP. I'm talking about the needs these people have right now - today. If their claims aren't going to be paid until 3 or 4 months down the road ... what do the people do in the meantime to meet their bills, feed their families, save their homes and/or boats from non-payment of loans? Everybody is pissed with BP (and they should be) but no one is stepping up to the plate to help while the people at BP are sitting around playing with their dicks.

ummmmmm... not that people shouldn't help... but isn't BP supposed to pay for this?

People should help. There are immediate needs. They should have a way to live while they wait. Donations would in no way These people should be very, very cautious in their claims negotiations - and seriously consider before signing anything that says "... in full and final payment of ... ."

What we are not hearing about is the future affects this stuff is going to have. A friend of mine just returned from their condo in Gulf Shores, AL (checking out the oil situation). Her husband got sick as a dog in the few days they were there. She was telling me about this Gulf oil syndrome (I can't remember what she exactly called it). The stench of the oil is ungodly, these people are breathing in all these fumes on a 24/7 basis and this stuff eventually attacks their brain first then their organs and so on until they finally die. I'd be looking for life-time payouts if I were in their shoes. Donations now would do nothing to lessen BP's current and/or future liability.

Last edited:
If they're anything like our President, they're working on their putting, because the world is going to be fine tomorrow! Obama has called a conference of unicorns to discuss reclaiming energy from rainbows, which will make fossil fuels a thing of the past!

Lol...great post and most likely very true...:lol:

very weak troll attempt, you need to whine about the double standard of the librul celebutards where israel is involved as well.
His mojo is in very bad shape. I wonder why no celebrities have jumped to his rescue?

i heard red cosgrove is going to do a charity gang bang in his hono(u)r
:rofl:

Judging from this neg rep comment, sounds like the rumo(u)r must be true! :eek:

reputation_neg.gif
Where are all the... 06-16-2010 09:54 AM manifold how do you know they haven't?

Where are all the famous poeple that normally love to show how much they care and help people in need? They were all over Katrina. They were falling over themselves to help out in Haiti. But I don't see much involvement in trying to help all the people whose lives have been turned upside down by the undersea oil geiser.

Is it possible they just don't want to draw any more attention to the inept response of their boy Barrack? I guess politics means more to them than actually helping people.

Oh well, I knew they were oportunistic douchers anyway.

They keep getting told to shut up and sing by the talk radio entertainers.

... while they are booking acts for freedom concerts.

Well it's OK for celebrities to speak up if they agree with your ideology. All the rest of them need to shut up and sing. I've always found it amusing that this is the attitude of talk radio hosts who have no background in politics. Why do they consider themselves better informed than any other celebrity? Why does being a construction worker, disk jockey, lawyer make you a greater political mind and worthy of passing out information and advice than being an actor? For gosh sakes, Jerry Doyle is a talk radio host and he was an actor on Babylon 5. LOL

It's the whole country and the whole world that is not reacting to this like it was a natural disaster....they don't see it as a NATURAL disaster....they see this as man made I suppose?

I just don't know?

It ain't just the celebrities , it is everyone...

Where is the Red Cross calling for Donations...where are all those ads on the internet telling you how to donate? Where is the means to donate via cell Phone?

The reaction to this spill by our entire country has been dead pan.

have we been worn out? Has our compassion for Haiti and Chile just made us like the thoughtless dead?

--------------
it could be that we all just see no solution...why clean up the beach now when the gusher hasn't been sealed and more is on the way type attitude?

It could be that since this is a man made catastrophe, people think the MAN that MADE it should take care of the problem.....? I just don't know?

the whole thing is just weird, and not like us as a country....we give and donate more than anyone for catastrophes?

No, what you are seeing is the libturd version of attack and destroy (in this case BP) when that's done you joe the taxpayer will be left to clean up the mess created by obie wan's inpotence.

and what are the compassionate conservatives doing? Just twiddling thumbs hoping Obama gets blamed?

I'm amused at how Laura Ingraham who has always ranted on enviroweenies is now all environmentalist over this spill. Why, why, why.......there are these oysters who require a certain habitat where the fresh water meets the salt water and it is being destroyed because Obama won't do anything. :cuckoo: Maybe she and some singer can get together and sing kum-by-yah. :lol:

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this - I don't have the stomach to wade through most of the stuff on this moronic thread . . .

Kevin Costner is in the middle of it, trying to help.

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this - I don't have the stomach to wade through most of the stuff on this moronic thread . . .

Did he speed to get there? Didn't he star in "Waterworld"?

But shouldn't he just shut up and sing....and act?

I don't know. I have never understood why the cons crawl all over Hollywoodies, regardless of what they are doing. I swear, a celebrity could donate six million bucks to the John Birch Society, and the cons would find a way to make fun of them for it.

I'm not sure Costner can sing or act - most of the flicks I have seen him in didn't come out all that well. But I think he's a good guy. And I sure as hell don't criticize him (or any celebrity) for trying to help out in a bad situation.

I don't know. I have never understood why the cons crawl all over Hollywoodies, regardless of what they are doing. I swear, a celebrity could donate six million bucks to the John Birch Society, and the cons would find a way to make fun of them for it.

I'm not sure Costner can sing or act - most of the flicks I have seen him in didn't come out all that well. But I think he's a good guy. And I sure as hell don't criticize him (or any celebrity) for trying to help out in a bad situation.

Actually, talk radio hosts who criticize liberal celebrities are all kiss ass with the celebrities who share their ideology. They think they are some of the smartest and most stand up people around for using their power and influence for a shared cause. They only need to "shut up and sing" when they disagree with them.

Actually, talk radio hosts who criticize liberal celebrities are all kiss ass with the celebrities who share their ideology. They think they are some of the smartest and most stand up people around for using their power and influence for a shared cause. They only need to "shut up and sing" when they disagree with them.

So how many posts are you going to make that say essentially the exact same thing?

You've yet to even attempt to answer the opening question about why celebrities seem to not give a shit about the people impacted by this disaster. At least Barb tried to rationalize their obvious selective caring. It might have been complete horsefeathers, but at least it was an attempt.

Forum List

Back