When's the last POTUS that actually lowered the Debt?

Debt really isn't much of an issue until a Democrat is POTUS.

Then all of a sudden it is..

Funny that.

Actually, the debt has not been on the front pages until Obama campaigned against it back in 2008.

Now that the debt is national news daily, it is in the forefront of everyones minds.

That being said...I do not consider Obama a failure for not decreasing the debt. Sure, it may have been a campaign promise....but breaking those is par for the course for all elected officials.

However, I am disapointed that the man who put the debt in the forefront of Americans minds has opted to dramatically increase the debt he was so against.

That dramatic debt increase didn't happen in a vacuum.

In each year, 2009 and 2010, we took in about $600 billion less in revenue than we did in 2008.

Don't forget to take a look at the GOP who weren't willing to budge on tax increases and military spending cuts as part of a comprehensive plan to reduce the deficit.

It sucks that the Dems and the Reps couldn't come together and craft a real plan to address the deficit but instead silly partisanship and ideology kept anything meaningful from getting done.

and I dont see that changing in our lifetime.

06/30/1957 270,527,171,896.43
06/30/1956 272,750,813,649.32

You wont see it again folks.

Last edited:
Actually, the debt has not been on the front pages until Obama campaigned against it back in 2008.

Now that the debt is national news daily, it is in the forefront of everyones minds.

That being said...I do not consider Obama a failure for not decreasing the debt. Sure, it may have been a campaign promise....but breaking those is par for the course for all elected officials.

However, I am disapointed that the man who put the debt in the forefront of Americans minds has opted to dramatically increase the debt he was so against.

In each year, 2009 and 2010, we took in about $600 billion less in revenue than we did in 2008.

Don't forget to take a look at the GOP who weren't willing to budge on tax increases and military spending cuts as part of a comprehensive plan to reduce the deficit.

It sucks that the Dems and the Reps couldn't come together and craft a real plan to address the deficit but instead silly partisanship and ideology kept anything meaningful from getting done.

Nor do I, unfortunately.

Nor do I, unfortunately.
I have a point guard for ya if you want.

Over 5 trillion in new debt in three years. obummer's an awesome whore of a spender.. yep..

Nor do I, unfortunately.

Is he Asian?

Wicked smaht, and kinda killin' it right now?

lol.....

Some NBA players are making it a "nationality" issue....claiming that the media wouldnt make a big deal out of him if he were not of Asian desent...

I disagree...

The media is making a big deal out of him becuase he played for an Ivy League school (other than Princeton), wasnt drafted, and came out of nowhere at a time where the Knicks lost use of two of their premier players to injury and family death....

And after last night....doing his MJ imitation scoring the tying AND winning 3 pointers....well....lets just say...he deserves ALL the press he is getting.

Problem is...who do the Knicks bench so he can play?

Is he Asian?

Wicked smaht, and kinda killin' it right now?

lol.....

Some NBA players are making it a "nationality" issue....claiming that the media wouldnt make a big deal out of him if he were not of Asian desent...

I disagree...

The media is making a big deal out of him becuase he played for an Ivy League school (other than Princeton), wasnt drafted, and came out of nowhere at a time where the Knicks lost use of two of their premier players to injury and family death....

And after last night....doing his MJ imitation scoring the tying AND winning 3 pointers....well....lets just say...he deserves ALL the press he is getting.

Problem is...who do the Knicks bench so he can play?

I'm thinking you will see every guard on the team take a playing time cut so he can be out there 30+ minutes a night. It's not like they had anyone with a lock on the PG position before Linn came along.

The more intriguing question to me is how will he and Mello coexist on the court together?

I feel terrible for Amare...losing a brother at a young age must really be tough.

RE: the media

I think it's definitely the "nobody out of nowhere" in such circumstances is definitely the primary driving factor. Playing for a big market team helps a lot as well. I do think that him being Asian does add to the mystique though. I think it also gives the NBA an opportunity to bring in extra revenue and fill the void the Yao Ming has left behind.

Last edited:
Lin does have a lot of room to improve too. He prolly wont learn much D playing for D'Antoni but as he gets more experience the alarming number of turnovers should cut down some.

Last edited:
Our government should never have debt, just spending that may lead to inflation.

Lin does have a lot of room to improve too. He prolly wont learn much D playing for D'Antoni but as he gets more experience the alarming number of turnovers should cut down some.

yes...I think it was 2 games back where he gave the ball up way too much..
But he is young...new to the pace and physical game of the NBA...he will mature
Funny...you dont hear the turnover stat...all you hear about him are points and assists......

Not sure how he and CA will co-exist....but neither have that arrogant side that I am aware of..

Melo is not a good leader, and he's def. arrogant. If you saw him on Punk'd you'd see he got all egotistical and faux gangster before he knew he was being pranked. I've considered him a hoe ever since.

yes...I think it was 2 games back where he gave the ball up way too much..
But he is young...new to the pace and physical game of the NBA...he will mature
Funny...you dont hear the turnover stat...all you hear about him are points and assists......

Not sure how he and CA will co-exist....but neither have that arrogant side that I am aware of..

Oh, I disagree on Melo. That guy most definitely arrogant.

And Lin did win that game last night but he also turned the ball over eight times....

His TO to assist ratio is below 2-1. Not good.

But I think he will clean that part of his game up in time.

Last edited:
Article, I forgot to ridicule you for losing the Super Bowl, sir.

GGGGGGGGGG--unit

Forum List

Back