Whence the statist mentality?

Patrick2

Jul 12, 2011
I've often thought that if one could stop the destruction statists and their supporters have on society, they would mainly be of academic interest to psychologists. Where do these control freaks come from? They want the Great Father Government to control themselves and everyone and everything else. They have little interest in non-government institutions. Government, and extending it's reach and power is all they think of. When you see the statists who achieve great heights in government, like hillary and obama, you see their life outside of government is largely devoid of achievement. Does that motivate them to want to control the lives of real achievers through the mechanism of government? Like - "HA HA - I won the game after all!"?

As for the peons who support the statists - what is their problem - low self-esteem? Why do they think they can't cope with life without Big Brother helping them along?

I've often thought that if one could stop the destruction statists and their supporters have on society, they would mainly be of academic interest to psychologists. Where do these control freaks come from? They want the Great Father Government to control themselves and everyone and everything else. They have little interest in non-government institutions. Government, and extending it's reach and power is all they think of. When you see the statists who achieve great heights in government, like hillary and obama, you see their life outside of government is largely devoid of achievement. Does that motivate them to want to control the lives of real achievers through the mechanism of government? Like - "HA HA - I won the game after all!"?

As for the peons who support the statists - what is their problem - low self-esteem? Why do they think they can't cope with life without Big Brother helping them along?

It's intellectual laziness pure and simple. These are not ambitious people. It's the X Box crowd.. those that want to sit at home all day, play X Box, have Mom deliver pot pies and sleep from dawn to dusk.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back