When!!!???

When is putting PROFIT ahead of the interests of the PATIENT good medicine?

When the patient has no money and no chance.

And who is to decide that they have no chance? Those profiting from not treating the patient?

I sort of agree with you but have that sticky point.

Well, we live in a democracy, that says we (individual citizens) have a "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Unhappily others' demands for their right to life may jeapordize my liberty and pursuit of happiness.

I'm willing to say: "I'll take care of my own life (and family). You take care of yours, and let the chips fall where they may." Oddly, there is the opposite opinion: "I cannot take care of myself and my family, so you owe me."

I only think he OWS me a refill of a script that HE prescribed me. Nothing MORE nothing LESS. If his time is TOO FUCKING valuable to spend 15 FUCKING SECONDS to send an authorization to my pharmacy then he has NO BUSINESS to practice medicine.......DO NO FUCKING HARM!!!

Why do you think you have the right to enslave another person to do your bidding against his will?

On certain meds only a 6 month prescription is allowed by federal law (DEA) without a physician visit.
DR can wind up in prison if he violates that law.
Not sure if this applies to you or not.

Yeah that's about right. I am responding WELL to a med and because I can't afford an office visit the Doc is REFUSING to refill my prescription. He is putting HIS concerns before MY well being!!!

If he refills your prescription without doing the clinically mandated evaluation beforehand, he could be guilty of malpractice. Many meds are toxic or otherwise harmful, some are addicting, some are ineffective and need to be replaced with something else. The doctor would be negligent if it is the standard medical practice to do an evaluation before writing a prescription and he ignores that. And no doctor worth his salt will take the patient's word that a potentially dangerous medication is helpful without doing at least a cursory evaluation to be sure it isn't harming more.

Yeah that's about right. I am responding WELL to a med and because I can't afford an office visit the Doc is REFUSING to refill my prescription. He is putting HIS concerns before MY well being!!!

If he refills your prescription without doing the clinically mandated evaluation beforehand, he could be guilty of malpractice. Many meds are toxic or otherwise harmful, some are addicting, some are ineffective and need to be replaced with something else. The doctor would be negligent if it is the standard medical practice to do an evaluation before writing a prescription and he ignores that. And no doctor worth his salt will take the patient's word that a potentially dangerous medication is helpful without doing at least a cursory evaluation to be sure it isn't harming more.

YEAH a FIFTEEN MINUTE exam to the tune of EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!

When is putting PROFIT ahead of the interests of the PATIENT good medicine?

That question is a little deeper then what it looks like on he face of it. I am more interested in questions dealing with the presumptions behind that question. For example,

why is health care different such that we shouldn't expect people to pay for it?

How can we expect people to treat us if they operate at a loss?

Isn't it inherently implied in such a question that the patient bares no responsibility for their health?

That probably isn't too far off what your auto mechanic gets per hour. Why aren't you complaining about that?

That probably isn't too far off what your auto mechanic gets per hour. Why aren't you complaining about that?

I kinda doubt my mechanic gets THREE HUNDRED and TWENTY dollars an HOUR!!!
Nor does my mechanic demand MONTHLY follow up visits.

Last edited:

Explain to the receptionist/scheduler your problem. You need the meds but you can't afford the office call. What can they work out? Many, probably most doctors, will reduce or waive their fees if you level with them that you have a problem. I had a similar problem awhile back involving some extra expensive dental work I needed and could not afford. My dentist worked with me until we found a solution we could both live with.

It's sure worth a shot.

I only think he OWS me a refill of a script that HE prescribed me. Nothing MORE nothing LESS. If his time is TOO FUCKING valuable to spend 15 FUCKING SECONDS to send an authorization to my pharmacy then he has NO BUSINESS to practice medicine.......DO NO FUCKING HARM!!!

Why should a doctor take YOUR (you not being a doctor) word? Surely you can see the problem with that. If you're on oxy is he just suppossed to refill it when you ask, no questions? My doctor is the same way. I need to see him every 6 months or so to make sure I am the right dosage, to take labs and make sure the drug is doing what it's suppossed to do. He's the expert, not you. I dont' get what you find so unreasnable about this.

Nor does my mechanic demand MONTHLY follow up visits!

I kinda doubt your mechanic pays $150K+ per year for malpractice insurance and spent years getting an expensive PhD.

Nor does my mechanic demand MONTHLY follow up visits!

Your mechanic also doesn't have the overhead of an office staff, exhorbitant malpractice insurance, and the threat of a lawsuit for malpractice constantly hanging over his head. He also didn't have to get a college degree followed by four years med school followed by two or more years residency in his speciality in order to prepare himself to fix your car.

On the other hand could you afford $80 to get your car fixed?

If so, then you can afford $80 to get yourself fixed.

Last edited:

I see.

Running out your Lithium Carbonate is An Issue.

Clinical studies have shown that Omega 3 fatty acids may have beneficial effects on bipolar disorder.

Forum List

Back