When You Shatter A Woman's Heart

It is a hell of a shit feeling.

I think I would have rather have shattered my own.

Maybe I have?

Been there, bought the t-shirt....

But would it be better to be one of the guys that do not feel like shit?

Guys that just leave a wake of destruction in their paths....maybe even enjoying it?

Frogden, we're not the best in the lot, and we're not the worst, but at least we have the capacity to get better.

You mean you aren't the kind that collect shattered hearts? Hope you are sure about that.

Sometimes people leave a wake of destruction whether they enjoy it or not.

That is irrelevent to those hearts and the destruction left behind and the people left to deal with said destruction. Trying to find comfort while leaving the wake of destruction is rubbing me the wrong way. Sorry

It is a hell of a shit feeling.

I think I would have rather have shattered my own.

Maybe I have?

Been there, bought the t-shirt....

But would it be better to be one of the guys that do not feel like shit?

Guys that just leave a wake of destruction in their paths....maybe even enjoying it?

Frogden, we're not the best in the lot, and we're not the worst, but at least we have the capacity to get better.

You mean you aren't the kind that collect shattered hearts? Hope you are sure about that.

Sometimes people leave a wake of destruction whether they enjoy it or not.

That is irrelevent to those hearts and the destruction left behind and the people left to deal with said destruction. Trying to find comfort while leaving the wake of destruction is rubbing me the wrong way. Sorry

bah---if your heart doesn't get broken from time to time you don't have one.

Whatever it is, you're old enough to have known better.

How can you be so sure of that, Sherry? In another month and a half I turn Thirty-Seven and I can honestly say that I have NEVER experienced Romantic Love. I've never felt it for another person and I can honestly say that nobody that I've ever met or dated has ever felt it for me. So age shouldn't really be expected to be a factor in this. Experience, yes. Age, no.

Ya know what... I've never responded to you yet but I'm going to now, because what I see it a scared little pussy. You're whining about getting hurt, you have 58 people on ignore, what kind of an antiseptic world do you think you live in? Don't you ever take chances? Don't you ever do anything exciting? Don't you ever step out there on that limb and LIVE A LITTLE? Christ man, you have to move out of mama's basement and get with the program at some point, or you're just a scared little sissie afraid of the big, bad boogie man and getting hurt.

Grow the fuck up and try being a MAN, then maybe some woman might be tempted to fall in love with you. Women aren't attracted to 37 year old SISSIES.

Last edited:
Ice inside souls = shattered hearts....everytime

Victims are not vulnerable, nor stupid they are compassionate, loving and hopeful.

Shattering that is not fair

"Your sins are terrible and it is just that you suffer".
The man feels guilt, while the woman feels agony...guilt is however pacified by forgiveness, should he be so lucky. If forgiven, he may even feel he is now a "better man".
For her, she has no such luck. She couldn't possibly feel like she is a "better woman".

My advice is to grovel in your guilt. Know that you will never be a "better man" for doing this. Only you are a weaker man. I also advice you to try and seek her forgiveness, but do not patronize. Do not expect it.
If she forgives you, do not apologize for it again...never bring it up for the rest of your life. She will know if you are sorry. Reminding her of her private hell so you can feel better only shows the same selfishness that you provided her in the first place.

"Your sins are terrible and it is just that you suffer".
The man feels guilt, while the woman feels agony...guilt is however pacified by forgiveness, should he be so lucky. If forgiven, he may even feel he is now a "better man".
For her, she has no such luck. She couldn't possibly feel like she is a "better woman".

My advice is to grovel in your guilt. Know that you will never be a "better man" for doing this. Only you are a weaker man. I also advice you to try and seek her forgiveness, but do not patronize. Do not expect it.
If she forgives you, do not apologize for it again...never bring it up for the rest of your life. She will know if you are sorry. Reminding her of her private hell so you can feel better only shows the same selfishness that you provided her in the first place.

You're over complicating it iam... he's a drunken cad, he hurt the woman who was generous enough to love him, now they should just go their separate ways and never cross paths again for as long as they live, end of story.

Last edited:
Over analyzing it does not help.

But in the end the woman will indeed over analyze herself

Perhaps I am "over analyzing" it...I do not know who Froggen is.
I am speaking of normal people I guess.
If he is a drunken cad...then he deserves the solitude that will repay him in the end.
Sooner than later, whatever looks he still has will disappear, and all that will be left is the sum of what led him here.

How can you be so sure of that, Sherry? In another month and a half I turn Thirty-Seven and I can honestly say that I have NEVER experienced Romantic Love. I've never felt it for another person and I can honestly say that nobody that I've ever met or dated has ever felt it for me. So age shouldn't really be expected to be a factor in this. Experience, yes. Age, no.

I think you need some counciling.

Im not trying to be mean.

If you have had a normal level of relationships for a 37 year old and have NEVER felt romatic love its time to ponder wether you are allowing yourself to be emotionally free enough to feel romantic love.

It comes with a level of vulnerability. You can not experience it if you can not allow yourself to be vulnerable.

Please dude go see someone and do a little exploring of your emotional health.

To never experience romantic love is not really living.

There is no shame in getting help and VERY much to be gained by you.

Yes, Frogden....you need to get in touch with your inner-child and embrase him.

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_eh:

:eusa_shhh:

:puke3:

Spoken like a truely invulnerable man.

enjoy your half a life.

Frogen is a wise dude and a romantic one....he's also human. He fucked up and I doubt he's the sort to try and make excuses.

Wisdom, Romance, and Love are three very different things, Sherry.

My only point was that one should not simply assume that because someone is of a particular age that they have a certain level of experience with something. By the way; I can be exceptionally romantic even though I've never been in love with anyone, so I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other.

Well one wonders how an idiot who has never experienced romantic love would know this, but whatever toots his retard boat.

Wisdom, romance and love and inextricably entwined, and the older I get and the more experience I have the more I realize that. True romance springs out of true..if not love, then consideration..and consideration usually has its roots in love, either love for a specific person, or love of people in general. It's a combination of wanting someone else to feel special, feeling special oneself, and having enough love for your fellow humans that you can truly relish the moment.

I've had lots of romantic moments, contrived and accidental. The accidental ones are always the best, and you don't get them if you aren't a lover of humans and always looking for the beauty in small moments. Can't do that if you don't like people and place no value on romance.

and how is this reflected in you first line to him?

pretending you don't have one is a scam. Nice try

Some of us really don't, dillo. In my case it got cut out at a very early age, and honestly I don't think I miss it as much as I probably should.

Ya know what... I've never responded to you yet but I'm going to now, because what I see it a scared little pussy. You're whining about getting hurt, you have 58 people on ignore, what kind of an antiseptic world do you think you live in? Don't you ever take chances? Don't you ever do anything exciting? Don't you ever step out there on that limb and LIVE A LITTLE? Christ man, you have to move out of mama's basement and get with the program at some point, or you're just a scared little sissie afraid of the big, bad boogie man and getting hurt.

Grow the fuck up and try being a MAN, then maybe some woman might be tempted to fall in love with you. Women aren't attracted to 37 year old SISSIES.

Pale, I don't expect you or anyone else to understand, like, or accept what my life is. That's not what I'm here for. I learned my limitations in life at a very early stage of my life. I don't take very many chances anymore. When I do I set my sights and goals at the personal level, not based upon how others might see it. If/when I don't reach those goals, I tend to move on. I've found that patience and perseverence are not two of my strong suits and I'd rather just move on than to waste time beating the dead horse that obviously isn't going to get up and continue to pull the load that was too heavy for it in the first place.

I haven't lived with my parents in almost a decade and a half, thank you very much.

Being a Man means knowing your limitations and accepting who you are, Pale. Pushing those limits where you can and understanding which ones just aren't going to move, no matter what. I'm fairly happy with who and what I am. I prefer to surround myself with people who are willing to accept that as well. If that means I go to my grave a bachelor, so be it. I'd rather be who I am and a bachelor than to build a relationship on lies and being someone that I'm not.

Wisdom, Romance, and Love are three very different things, Sherry.

My only point was that one should not simply assume that because someone is of a particular age that they have a certain level of experience with something. By the way; I can be exceptionally romantic even though I've never been in love with anyone, so I'm not sure what those two things have to do with each other.

Well one wonders how an idiot who has never experienced romantic love would know this, but whatever toots his retard boat.

Wisdom, romance and love and inextricably entwined, and the older I get and the more experience I have the more I realize that. True romance springs out of true..if not love, then consideration..and consideration usually has its roots in love, either love for a specific person, or love of people in general. It's a combination of wanting someone else to feel special, feeling special oneself, and having enough love for your fellow humans that you can truly relish the moment.

I've had lots of romantic moments, contrived and accidental. The accidental ones are always the best, and you don't get them if you aren't a lover of humans and always looking for the beauty in small moments. Can't do that if you don't like people and place no value on romance.

and how is this reflected in you first line to him?

I don't feel obligated to reflect it to your satisfaction. At any rate, I feel fairly confident I will never enjoy a romantic interlude with either you or anassronism..

however, this jackass has issues, the least of which is that he has half the messageboard on ignore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPYFWnzjIy0&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Tom Petty - Saving Grace (Video)‬‏[/ame]

absolutelyrics.gif

I'm passing sleeping cities
Fading by degrees
Not believing all I see to be so

I'm flyin' over backyards
Country homes and ranches
Watching life between the branches below

And it's hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don't you baby?

You keep running for another place
To find that saving grace

I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns
Past statues that atone for my sins
There's a guard on every door
And a drink on every floor
Overflowing with a thousand amens

And it's hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don't you baby?

Don't you baby?

You're rolling up the carpet
Of your father's two-room mansion
No headroom for expansion no more
And there's a corner of the floor
They're telling you is yours
You're confident but not really sure

And it's hard to say
Who you are these days
But you run on anyway
Don't you baby?

Don't you baby?

to find that saving grace

Don't you baby?

Allie, you dont seem to take your own advice.

"love of people in general. It's a combination of wanting someone else to feel special, feeling special oneself, and having enough love for your fellow humans that you can truly relish the moment."

Forum List

Back