When You See a Rich Person do you feel, anger, bitterness or jealousy?

The Democrat Base is Loser Central.

They have Obama as male head of household

The Government feeds them, houses them and raises their kids.

Of course they are envious of anyone who tries to better themselves.

still lying about that frankie?

then why do red states suck more money from the feds than blue states?

we'll wait...

now run and make up an answer quick

What does that have to do with anything? The Dems have build a permanent, government dependent underclass. Look at what you've done to Inner City schools! 1/3 of kids drop out of High School, of the 2/3 who "Graduate", fully 5/6 of them are fucking illiterate retards. And this is damage you've inflicted over generations!

The only thing they can succeed at is letting Dem Party Bosses vote for them

Yes they have, make no mistake about it, they are the only ones who can claim victory for this and will deny it until the end of time...

We are being taught to hate the rich rather than emulate them. It's part of the sadistic culture we are making. There is now a class of acceptable victims for violence. The rich!

Here is the nasty truth. Being rich is relative. If you hate the rich for having more than you do, then there is someone who hates YOU for being rich and having more than they do. Every time you hate that rich person for living in a mansion, someone hates you for living in your two bedroom house. Someone hates them for living in a one bedroom apartment when they have only a room. And someone sleeping in an alley hates the person who has a room. Someone living in an alley is hated because they have a cardboard box and the really poor does not.

It isn't the rich making you unhappy, it's the ENVY making you unhappy.

Sometimes I do feel anger, bitterness or jealousy and sometimes I don't.
Personally I try not to form any opinion about people based on what I think their economic status is. I try to judge people by their behavior first, and by their expressed values second, and by the quality of their thought third.

At present, I am fighting 'unkind thoughts' about a particular conservative radio talk show host. It will pass---it has passed before. There is truth --some--to what he says and even if there is 'none' he has the right to say it.
I like you have a right to not listen to people who irritate us. Exercise it.

I assume one of his principles is 'God helps those who help themselves'. Religion is not a topic he features in his daily lectures--he has mentioned it and I assume that he communicates with a Higher Power. He is philanthropic--has done much good anonymously I am certain of that. Supports those who assist others, etc.
I would refrain from the assumption that someone I do not know is "philanthropic anonymously". I base this comment on tax returns I have prepared for many clergy, churches, evangelic organizations, and other religious entities. Anyone who is substantially involved in philanthropy does it through an organization which files the legally required reports which are publically available and detail the organization, goals, and financial reports of the organization. If ever tempted to donate, read them first.

I somewhat object to the inference that if I had done as he did that I, too, would have accumulated great wealth and be enjoying 'golden years' without any regrets.
If someone implies that great wealth is God's reward for a particular course of financial action, I suggest you stop listening to that person.

I worked 'hard and long', utilized the talents and abilities I possessed, developed said talents and abilities --clearly not as well as I could/should have.
No one does as well as they could have. Remember that hindsight is the view from an asshole.

Yesterday, his last day before the trial run on 'being retired'--I heard him say,' You are either a maker or a taker.' Makers create jobs/private sector and the Takers include--those on the government dole, anyone who works/has worked for the government and anyone receiving payments of any kind from Social Security and related assistance.
This is simply right wing cant. If you listen to it, stop listening to it. If it bothers you, it is intended to. Your hurt feelings regarding these comments are self-inflicted injuries.

That hurts. Why was I not told this when I was in high school? At that time --the 60's women with 'careers' were rare. I chose a stereotypical female career and that seemed 'good'/good enough.
OK, you are admitting to buying into this rubbish. If you are a masochist at heart, find some other form of flagellation that is less injurious to your sense of self. If you are not a masochist, isn't it time you moved on to something that would make you happier rather than wallowing in this cesspool of regret?

To learn at this point in my life that I did something 'very wrong' and have actually been a 'parasite' on society for my entire life --that is something that doesn't sit well with me.
It should not sit well with you. You sound like a very decent person who has tried to do the right thing and treat people humanely. Each day is a whole new day to mess up in, the start of the rest of your life. Don't waste it on regret and negative feelings.

Happiness is to a large extent a learned behavior. If someone should have told you anything in school, they should have told you this. It's in the Declaration of Independence; you have a right to persue happiness; so go persue it with enthusiasm. Practice being happy. Practice being a pleasant person to be around. Find joy in ordinary things.

And stay away from Killjoy.

PS --- I don't understand the reason why the OP is "discouraged".. Which of those categories did you fit into?

I don't believe accepting Medicare or Soc Sec is a parasitic behaviour and any Conservative that parrots that bunk ought to be corrected. Those WERE self-funding programs for the past 70 yrs. Surviving on a revenue streams from the workers who directly benefit. ((Lately not so much as 60% of reciepients will never approach recovering their "investment"))

I also don't believe merely working for the govt is parasitic behaviour. Certainly, I don't tarnish ALL govt workers -- just the extra 25% we don't need.

Beyond those --- do you fit in any other category the talking head mentioned?[/QUOTE

I have never heard a conservative say that about SS and Medicare recipients since those are earned benefits. I do notice that over the last few years people are starting to say Medicare and Medicaid in the same sentence. I know a couple young people that mentioned that they had never heard a teacher say one without the other.

Why should i feel bitterness or jealousy?

Life is so short... nothing is all good or all bad.... and then we are gone!

Why should I feel bitterness? So silly...

Exactly. Covetousness is not exactly a virtue either. So many better way to spend time.

I don't look at people and evaluate them based on their wealth. If they have more money than I do, it doesn't bother me. If it did, I would be angry at alot of people. I haven't built my wealth empire yet.

Exactly. Covetousness is not exactly a virtue either. So many better way to spend time.

That's a commandment that isn't followed well. In fact, i think it's the vice that leads to much of the class warfare in our society.

If the only way to be a successful in society is to be a wealthy creator of jobs, who will work in all of these jobs we create? Where we will find the people to do the lower paying jobs for the owners, executives and managers? Not everyone can be in charge, somebody has to take orders. We need worker bees too.
The wealthy don't create jobs, demand does. They just take advantage of it.

BTW, what is so important about a hedge fund managers job, that would justify $39,000.00/hr?

If the only way to be a successful in society is to be a wealthy creator of jobs, who will work in all of these jobs we create? Where we will find the people to do the lower paying jobs for the owners, executives and managers? Not everyone can be in charge, somebody has to take orders. We need worker bees too.
The wealthy don't create jobs, demand does. They just take advantage of it.

BTW, what is so important about a hedge fund managers job, that would justify $39,000.00/hr?

Not much if he is only making that little.

That's a commandment that isn't followed well. In fact, i think it's the vice that leads to much of the class warfare in our society.

Hi there !:ahole-1:

We are being taught to hate the rich rather than emulate them. It's part of the sadistic culture we are making. There is now a class of acceptable victims for violence. The rich!

Here is the nasty truth. Being rich is relative. If you hate the rich for having more than you do, then there is someone who hates YOU for being rich and having more than they do. Every time you hate that rich person for living in a mansion, someone hates you for living in your two bedroom house. Someone hates them for living in a one bedroom apartment when they have only a room. And someone sleeping in an alley hates the person who has a room. Someone living in an alley is hated because they have a cardboard box and the really poor does not.

We are being taught to hate the rich?
Where?

What I see here is an attitude more akin to "we must worship the rich".

Where?

Really? Where? With everyone demanding the so called rich "pay their own share" despite never defining what the fair share is? With the demonizing of corporations as though they are pure evil? With the stereotype that anyone who earns money did it through fraud and is just trying to rip you off?

Who exactly advocates that we worship the rich? I dont see why not thinking they are the evil scum of the universe some pretend them to be is worshiping. I don't see why it's bad to want to aspire to wealth, per se. Money is a necessity in the world we live in. We can all obtain it through service to others and use it to serve others.

Why is that bad?

Where?

Really? Where? With everyone demanding the so called rich "pay their own share" despite never defining what the fair share is? With the demonizing of corporations as though they are pure evil? With the stereotype that anyone who earns money did it through fraud and is just trying to rip you off?

Who exactly advocates that we worship the rich? I dont see why not thinking they are the evil scum of the universe some pretend them to be is worshiping. I don't see why it's bad to want to aspire to wealth, per se. Money is a necessity in the world we live in. We can all obtain it through service to others and use it to serve others.

Why is that bad?

Children are constantly taught that they should "go to college" so that they may become rich (granted, that is a scam for another thread).

The media constantly depicts the poor as deserving to be poor, and to be ridiculed.
The media constantly glorifies the rich to the point of deification.
Do you deny any of this?

And, well, you seem to be arguing that the rich should be worshiped and that they are beyond reproach.

Children are constantly taught that they should "go to college" so that they may become rich (granted, that is a scam for another thread).

The media constantly depicts the poor as deserving to be poor, and to be ridiculed.
The media constantly glorifies the rich to the point of deification.
Do you deny any of this?

And, well, you seem to be arguing that the rich should be worshiped and that they are beyond reproach.

Yeah. I deny all of it. Children are told to go to college to get a job. Nothing about being rich.

The media hates the rich. They don't at all portray the poor as deserving to be poor or ridiculed. Heck, they put them up on altars.

How is arguing that people shouldn't be attacked just for making money anywhere close to worshiping them?

I can tell you this from the bottom of my heart, time and effort spent in anger, resentment, hatred, jealousy, envy, is a total waste of time. There is no gain in it for you, nothing positive about it. Such negative thinking can cause you to miss out on the good stuff; don't do it.

You tell me, what kind of life do you want to live? Do you prize material things and money over relationships and people? How important is it to have more than someone else? Will you sacrifice your honor, integrity, self respect for wealth?

Let's talk about rich people: some of 'em got lucky. Not a good reason to be mad at somebody. Some of 'em are crooks, lied, cheated, and stole or slept their way to the top. Like Madoff; okay, got some reason to be mad about that, but not all of 'em got rich that way. And what're you gonna do about it anyway? Is it worth getting your shorts in a knot? Might be inviting bad health issues doing that. Some of 'em actually earned what they have, busted butt, invented something, came up with better ways of doing something, whatever. I can't be mad at or jealous of these people, can you?

You know what? I don't give a rat's ass what somebody else has. If you got more than me, good on ya; all I know is I got what I got the old fashioned way: I earned it. No lies, no cheating, no back stabbing. I am trusted, my wife loves me, and I sleep well at night. And that's good enough for me.

Forum List

Back