When you cross the border illegally.......

The Professor

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2011
Not every country treats trespassers with the same kindness shown by the United States. When you cross the border illegally in other countries, you are punished – big time; however in the USA your illegal entry is rewarded. The incomparable Neal Boortz puts things in proper perspective:

Let's see if we have this right: | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

One thing ultra-liberals don't get: when you accept legal immigrants, you get the best and the brightest; but when you accept everyone who crosses the border illegally, you get far to many criminals, misifts and moochers. Only in the good ole USA do we restrict productive legal immigration and encourage destructive illegal immigration. Go figure.

Oh well, we can all rest easy knowing that even though our open borders allow illegals to enter the country at will, terrorists around the world would never think of taking advantage of this security breach.

tell us what Bush and team did to stop this illegal imigration?

why are you blaming the left?

Not every country treats trespassers with the same kindness shown by the United States. When you cross the border illegally in other countries, you are punished – big time; however in the USA your illegal entry is rewarded. The incomparable Neal Boortz puts things in proper perspective:

One thing ultra-liberals don't get: when you accept legal immigrants, you get the best and the brightest; but when you accept everyone who crosses the border illegally, you get far to many criminals, misifts and moochers. Only in the good ole USA do we restrict productive legal immigration and encourage destructive illegal immigration. Go figure.

Oh well, we can all rest easy knowing that even though our open borders allow illegals to enter the country at will, terrorists around the world would never think of taking advantage of this security breach.

Okay. The conservative agenda is to make the USA more like North Korean, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Venezuela, Cuba... :mad:

and btw,

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128303672

This issue isn't about the government and it never was. It has always been about US citizens illegally hiring workers, under cutting the US labor market. There is a simply choice here: Go after 12 - 15 million illegal immigrants OR go after a few thousand employers that make life possible for them here.

I thought Reagan had solved all those problems with his amnesty program?
We were told at the time that it would fix things....

I set literally one foot into Burma once. Two soldiers immediately pointed automatic weapons at me.

Not every country treats it's citizens as if health care isn't a right...

:badgrin:

Start a new thread if you want to change the subject, you partisan fuck.
you stupid tool :badgrin: I actually started a thread linking here, but...

I didn't change the subject, I drew an a-n-a-l-ogy, which I am sure got you excited. :eek:

NO, you tried to change the subject because you couldn't find enough here to fit into some block-headed partisan bullshit rant. Time to learn a new trick, pony.

I set literally one foot into Burma once. Two soldiers immediately pointed automatic weapons at me.

I partied in Belize a few times illegally, no one cared, they just kept pouring the rum. I'm a dirty, illegal line crosser. I know.

Projection is a terrible thing to witness, as is confession

you see others using tactics you use for the reasons you would use?

man, this is definitely TMI

Start a new thread if you want to change the subject, you partisan fuck.
you stupid tool :badgrin: I actually started a thread linking here, but...

I didn't change the subject, I drew an a-n-a-l-ogy, which I am sure got you excited. :eek:

NO, you tried to change the subject because you couldn't find enough here to fit into some block-headed partisan bullshit rant. Time to learn a new trick, pony.

Just posting the word "projecting" doesn't change anything, you stupid fuck. I know you liberals can only think in short little catch phrases, but it has failed you again.

I think Bush is just as guilty as Obama. Both Republican and Democratic administration have ignored the problems of illegal immigration; however, I also know that ultra-liberals, as opposed to conservatives, are more favorable to the concept of open borders.

I think Bush is just as guilty as Obama. Both Republican and Democratic administration have ignored the problems of illegal immigration; however, I also know that ultra-liberals, as opposed to conservatives, are more favorable to the concept of open borders.

"Ignored" is a pretty strong word to use. If you have an opinion that there hasn't been enough done, that is surely something you can believe in if you like. But ignored?

We have more than doubled the Border Patrol to almost 20,000 agents. Up until 2000, there were some 2,500 agents on the Mexico border. There are now over 17,000. We have new fence and wall sections, a ton a of money spent on that. We have all sorts of new electronic surveillance, helicopters and new forward operating facilities. We broke deportation records for the last two years running.

Now, I think the issue is very important and I think every single illegal that we can get out is a good thing. But ignored? That is not the basis of an honest conversation. One of the first things I think we need to address is the need that everyone feels to overstate, speak in absolutes and employ ridiculous hyperbole in every situation. It doesn't help. That is what keeps us divided and shouting at each other. Reasonable people who expect their voices to be heard should operate from a more honest place than this. I think we all know that this problem has not been "ignored". You can make a better case by saying that you feel more should be done and then telling us what you think and / or asking for what others think.

No need for us to needle each other incessantly and no need to adopt these tones of the frantics.

Last edited:

"Ignored" is a pretty strong word to use. If you have an opinion that there hasn't been enough done, that is surely something you can believe in if you like. But ignored?

We have more than doubled the Border Patrol to almost 20,000 agents. Up until 2000, there were some 2,500 agents on the Mexico border. There are now over 17,000. We have new fence and wall sections, a ton a of money spent on that. We have all sorts of new electronic surveillance, helicopters and new forward operating facilities. We broke deportation records for the last two years running.

Now, I think the issue is very important and I think every single illegal that we can get out is a good thing. But ignored? That is not the basis of an honest conversation. One of the first things I think we need to address is the need that everyone feels to overstate, speak in absolutes and employ ridiculous hyperbole in every situation. It doesn't help. That is what keeps us divided and shouting at each other. Reasonable people who expect their voices to be heard should operate from a more honest place than this. I think we all know that this problem has not been "ignored". You can make a better case by saying that you feel more should be done and then telling us what you think and / or asking for what others think.

No need for us to needle each other incessantly and no need to adopt these tones of the frantics.

One of us may be frantic, but I don't think it's me.

Don't get your shorts in a wad because of my choice of words. When I used the word “ignore” I meant what I said. You contend that I should have said “not enough was done.” However, your choice of words is not nearly as accurate as I intended to be.

I don't give a damn how many illegals were reportedly deported. What I do know, and what you should know, is that there are far too many illegals currently living in this country, millions in fact, and the numbers increase every year. What is the present administration doing to find these illegals and deport them? From my vantage point, the administration is not only ignoring immigration laws but is actually fighting efforts of the states to enforce them. Do you remember all the challenges the Obama administration made to state laws which provided that suspected illegals could be asked for ID if stopped for a traffic violation?

Rather than trying to find illegals and deport them, the government has made it easier for them to remain here. If you are not aware of the various assistance programs available to known illegal aliens, you are completely out of touch. I think that giving benefits to illegals encourages other illegals to come here, don't you? I think that if people can live better in the USA without working than they can by working in their home countries, they will come here in record numbers, don't you?

The number of Border Patrol personnel is little more than window dressing. Do you remember when Obama ordered National Guard troops to the border? Only one problem: the troops were ordered not to engage any illegals. Boy, Obama was really on top of things, wasn't he? At any rate, whatever the Border Patrol is doing isn't working, and I contend it was designed not to work. It is futile to secure some of the border or even most of the border. If the entire border is not secure, we are not serious. If there is any weakness in border security it will certainly be exploited. The mere fact so much illegal immigration still occurs is conclusive proof that no one really cares about an effective solution. In other words, they are IGNORING the matter. So tell my, sir, if they have been really giving forth an effort – and not just appearing to do so for political gain – why do we PRESENTLY have such a tremendous problems with illegal aliens? I am waiting for your astute response.

The Dream Act, in fact amnesty by any name, is all the proof I need that the problems with illegal aliens are being ignored. The present and former administrations have duped many Americans into believing that they were serious about illegal immigration; however, when an administration adopts a policy whereby only a limited number of illegal aliens are deported, they are in fact ignoring the problem.

In summary, I used the word "ignore" deliberately. I know full well what the word means, and I intended to convey that meaning. Your calling me "frantic" because you think the word "ignore" was excessive is rather ironic, but I doubt that you will see the irony.

PS: Not to be disrespectful, but I believe you used the word "frantic" incorrectly. "frantic is an adjective, not a noun. The noun form is "franticness" but this word refers to a quality, not a person.

Now, I will give you the last word. You can disagree and insult to your heart's content. I have said what I wanted to say and I am through with this thread.

Okay. The conservative agenda is to make the USA more like North Korean, Iran, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, China, Venezuela, Cuba... :mad:

and btw,

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants:
A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants : NPR

Ignoring unpleasant truths...:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back