When you can't run on your record, what do you do?

When you can't run on your record, what do you do?
Carry-on like a madman???

:eusa_eh:

santorum-as-hitler.jpg

TMW2012-02-22colorlowre1.jpg

A little early in a thread to pull the emergency rip cord Shaman. Maybe it isn't...
How 'bout now??

Okay, you have a sense of humor Shaman. lol

Yes, your probably a lot closer. Though you might consider using racist before jumping to nazi.

Passing a bill means .......COMPROMISE

Especially when you are the minority party. When you include poison pills in your bills like the "Eliminate environmental protections jobs bill" or the "Repeal Obamacare jobs bill" you don't get to whine......Harry Reid is blocking our jobs bills

Hmmm, by compromse you seem to mean cave in to your opponents. That seems to be the mantra of those who hold the power at any given time.

Immie

Strange how you repeat the GOP mantra that compromise equals failure

Compromise means "I get some of what I want......you get some of what you want"

Republicans have been unwilling to compromise on taxes even if it means $1 in tax increases for $10 in spending cuts
They were unwilling to compromise on healthcare even if it included primarily GOP proposals

Harry Reid kills Republican bills, out of spite, in the Senate and you accuse the Republicans of being unwilling to compromise? And don't give me that shit about poison pills et al. Those things are not new and the Democrats use them all the time as well.

Immie

Hmmm, by compromse you seem to mean cave in to your opponents. That seems to be the mantra of those who hold the power at any given time.

Immie

Republicans have been unwilling to compromise on taxes even if it means $1 in tax increases for $10 in spending cuts
They were unwilling to compromise on healthcare even if it included primarily GOP proposals

Harry Reid kills Republican bills, out of spite, in the Senate and you accuse the Republicans of being unwilling to compromise? And don't give me that shit about poison pills et al. Those things are not new and the Democrats use them all the time as well.

Immie

Once again the concept of compromise is beyond you.

Given that the GOP has filibustered every Democratic proposal in the Senate, I am sure Harry Reid would let more GOP bills through if they would agree not to filibuster Democratic bills

That is the way things have been done in Congress for 235 years

Immie

Given that the GOP has filibustered every Democratic proposal in the Senate, I am sure Harry Reid would let more GOP bills through if they would agree not to filibuster Democratic bills

Hehe, my friend, it seems to me that you are the one who does not grasp the idea of compromise.

Immie

Immie

Hehe, my friend, it seems to me that you are the one who does not grasp the idea of compromise.

Immie

It used to be in this country that legislators would try to craft a bill that was win-win for both sides. Each side gets a little of what it wants and legislation moves forward

In the age of Rush Limbaugh, Grover Norquist and 24/7 news/Internet a win-win solution is attacked because it allows the other side to win also. If you can't get complete and total victory at least make sure the other side doesn't win either

Immie

It used to be in this country that legislators would try to craft a bill that was win-win for both sides. Each side gets a little of what it wants and legislation moves forward

In the age of Rush Limbaugh, Grover Norquist and 24/7 news/Internet a win-win solution is attacked because it allows the other side to win also. If you can't get complete and total victory at least make sure the other side doesn't win either

It used to be that way... when our leaders cared about this country and not the corrupt and obscene profits they stood to gain while remaining in office.

Immie

We are at a crossroads where compromising on more government and more spending means too much more.

Forum List

Back