When wingnuts and moonbats fly: What people | Palin | Gore | really said.

:cuckoo:

you used Google? :lol:

I used "fact," moron. Something you don't grasp.

Algore is a blowhard who took credit for something he had no involvement in.

considering people like you fail to grasp meanings in basic English? I've never said Gore never said what he said. Never. :lol:

But I do like truth as well as fact. Truth is what bothers you. The fact can be spun for the purposes of propaganda, lying by omission. You omit what Gore meant in the context he spoke. That is deceitful, dishonorable, and deceptive.

You are a moron. Case closed:

Dante, you're a fucking moron, even as fucknuts go.

Vint Cerf responded to MSNBC's questions about the Net's origins with this e-mail:

VP Gore was the first or surely among the first of the members of Congress to become a strong supporter of advanced networking while he served as Senator. As far back as 1986, he was holding hearings on this subject (supercomputing, fiber networks...) and asking about their promise and what could be done to realize them. Bob Kahn, with whom I worked to develop the Internet design in 1973, participated in several hearings held by then-Senator Gore and I recall that Bob introduced the term ``information infrastructure'' in one hearing in 1986. It was clear that as a Senator and now as Vice President, Gore has made it a point to be as well-informed as possible on technology and issues that surround it.

As Senator, VP Gore was highly supportive of the research community's efforts to explore new networking capabilities and to extend access to supercomputers by way of NSFNET and its successors, the High Performance Computing and Communication program (which included the National Research and Education Network initiative), and as Vice President, he has been very responsive to recommendations made, for example, by the President's Information Technology Advisory Committee that endorsed additional research funding for next generation fundamental research in software and related topics. If you look at the last 30-35 years of network development, you'll find many people who have made major contributions without which the Internet would not be the vibrant, growing and exciting thing it is today. The creation of a new information infrastructure requires the willing efforts of thousands if not millions of participants and we've seen leadership from many quarters, all of it needed, to move the Internet towards increased availability and utility around the world.

While it is not accurate to say that VP Gore invented Internet, he has played a powerful role in policy terms that has supported its continued growth and application, for which we should be thankful.

We're fortunate to have senior level members of Congress and the Administration who embrace new technology and have the vision to see how it can be put to work for national and global benefit.

Cerf is as credible on this as Matt Damon or George Clooney.

He is a leftist kook, a fucknut.

I used "fact," moron. Something you don't grasp.

Algore is a blowhard who took credit for something he had no involvement in.

considering people like you fail to grasp meanings in basic English? I've never said Gore never said what he said. Never. :lol:

But I do like truth as well as fact. Truth is what bothers you. The fact can be spun for the purposes of propaganda, lying by omission. You omit what Gore meant in the context he spoke. That is deceitful, dishonorable, and deceptive.

Dante, you're a fucking moron, even as fucknuts go.

Vint Cerf responded to MSNBC's questions about the Net's origins with this e-mail:

VP Gore was the first or surely among the first of the members of Congress to become a strong supporter of advanced networking while he served as Senator. As far back as 1986, he was holding hearings on this subject (supercomputing, fiber networks...) and asking about their promise and what could be done to realize them. Bob Kahn, with whom I worked to develop the Internet design in 1973, participated in several hearings held by then-Senator Gore and I recall that Bob introduced the term ``information infrastructure'' in one hearing in 1986. It was clear that as a Senator and now as Vice President, Gore has made it a point to be as well-informed as possible on technology and issues that surround it.

As Senator, VP Gore was highly supportive of the research community's efforts to explore new networking capabilities and to extend access to supercomputers by way of NSFNET and its successors, the High Performance Computing and Communication program (which included the National Research and Education Network initiative), and as Vice President, he has been very responsive to recommendations made, for example, by the President's Information Technology Advisory Committee that endorsed additional research funding for next generation fundamental research in software and related topics. If you look at the last 30-35 years of network development, you'll find many people who have made major contributions without which the Internet would not be the vibrant, growing and exciting thing it is today. The creation of a new information infrastructure requires the willing efforts of thousands if not millions of participants and we've seen leadership from many quarters, all of it needed, to move the Internet towards increased availability and utility around the world.

While it is not accurate to say that VP Gore invented Internet, he has played a powerful role in policy terms that has supported its continued growth and application, for which we should be thankful.

We're fortunate to have senior level members of Congress and the Administration who embrace new technology and have the vision to see how it can be put to work for national and global benefit.

Why knock Cerf's credibility?

He didn't let Gore off the hook. He said a lot of words, none of which justified Gore for saying, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

At best Cerf cushioned Gore's fall. "While it is not accurate to say that VP Gore invented Internet, he has played a powerful role in policy terms that has supported its continued growth and application, for which we should be thankful" is not an exoneration for Gore's puffery. It's just a little friendly cover.

Dante trying to spin that into exoneration is beautiful irony. Don't knock Cerf. Just point at Dante and giggle.

Because he's a partisan. Always has been.

Vint is big in leftwing politics and runs in the crowds that Clinton, Gore and the celebrity far left do. He's what used to be called a "limousine liberal."

He didn't let Gore off the hook. He said a lot of words, none of which justified Gore for saying, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

He tried, but Cerf is a scientist and can only go so far. Bob Metcalfe (inventor of Ethernet) absolutely took Gore apart in "Computerworld," Cerf was defending Gore to Metcalfe and his readers as much as anything.

At best Cerf cushioned Gore's fall. "While it is not accurate to say that VP Gore invented Internet, he has played a powerful role in policy terms that has supported its continued growth and application, for which we should be thankful" is not an exoneration for Gore's puffery. It's just a little friendly cover.

Even that isn't very accurate. Gore's support of the 1991 HPCCA created funding for Archie and Veronica servers, which really aren't used anymore. Even in this, Gore missed the boat of the World Wide Web throwing all the cash behind the old Gopher infrastructure.

Dante trying to spin that into exoneration is beautiful irony. Don't knock Cerf. Just point at Dante and giggle.

I don't "knock" Cerf on this, I just recognize him for what he is. Clooney is a talented actor, Cerf is a talented scientist. Both are complete loons when it comes to politics.

Because he's a partisan. Always has been.

Vint is big in leftwing politics and runs in the crowds that Clinton, Gore and the celebrity far left do. He's what used to be called a "limousine liberal."

He tried, but Cerf is a scientist and can only go so far. Bob Metcalfe (inventor of Ethernet) absolutely took Gore apart in "Computerworld," Cerf was defending Gore to Metcalfe and his readers as much as anything.

Even that isn't very accurate. Gore's support of the 1991 HPCCA created funding for Archie and Veronica servers, which really aren't used anymore. Even in this, Gore missed the boat of the World Wide Web throwing all the cash behind the old Gopher infrastructure.

I don't "knock" Cerf on this, I just recognize him for what he is. Clooney is a talented actor, Cerf is a talented scientist. Both are complete loons when it comes to politics.

My point was that when you discounted Cerf as a partisan you sounded like you bought Dante's sleight of hand suggestion that somehow something Cerf said let Gore off the hook for his grandiose claim.

Gore said what he said.

Dante's continual posting of Cerf's email is just so much smoke.

That's the real story here.

Vinton Gray "Vint" Cerf[1] (/ˈsɜrf/; born June 23, 1943) is an American computer scientist, who is recognized as one of[4] "the fathers of the Internet"

Vint Cerf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, right. :cuckoo:

Wow, could you be a little more irrelevant?

Cerf is well known for far left politics, like Clooney and Damon, he is a big supporter of leftist causes, including Gore.

Just like you, he stretches the truth to cover for the miserable failings of his party. Moron.

Vinton Gray "Vint" Cerf[1] (/ˈsɜrf/; born June 23, 1943) is an American computer scientist, who is recognized as one of[4] "the fathers of the Internet"

Wow, could you be a little more irrelevant?

Cerf is well known for far left politics, like Clooney and Damon, he is a big supporter of leftist causes, including Gore.

Just like you, he stretches the truth to cover for the miserable failings of his party. Moron.

You have refuted nothing. You have attacked Cerf. See how stupid you look?

The post translated: "please please people can't we talk about Gore or Palin or anything that might take our minds off the corrupt Obama administration"?

Al Gore:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
You obviously didn’t read the cited article; but keep the conservative tradition of repeating a lie often enough until it’s perceived as true alive, regardless the facts.
Beats talking about Obama I guess.
Why bother? Conservatives won’t enter into a good faith debate predicated on facts. As per post #5 they’ve closed their minds to the truth, as it conflicts with rightist dogma.

From Snopes.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Bookman Old Style,Arial]During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system. [/FONT]
That is exactly what Amelia said, what is your problem? Is it that she disagrees with the Snopes spin that Al Gore did create the internet? Tell me something, which of these definitions of create fits what Al Gore did?

1. to cause to come into being, as something unique that would not naturally evolve or that is not made by ordinary processes.
2. to evolve from one's own thought or imagination, as a work of art or an invention.
3. Theater. to perform (a role) for the first time or in the first production of a play.
4. to make by investing with new rank or by designating; constitute; appoint: to create a peer.
5. to be the cause or occasion of; give rise to: The announcement created confusion.
Personally, my answer is none of them because creating is not giving money to people so they can do stuff. If that is the way it really worked we would know the name of the guy who paid da Vinci to paint, I know I have no odea who that was, so why don't you tell us who created the Mona Lisa.

Last edited:
You obviously didn’t read the cited article; but keep the conservative tradition of repeating a lie often enough until it’s perceived as true alive, regardless the facts.

Why bother? Conservatives won’t enter into a good faith debate predicated on facts. As per post #5 they’ve closed their minds to the truth, as it conflicts with rightist dogma.

Blather.

algore DID say it:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

And yeah yeah. We KNOW that doesn't mean that he claims to have invented the fucking internet.

But his grandiose claim of participating in the initiative to create the internet was also nearly complete bullshit.

come on, dude. Even a hyper partisan drone like you OUGHT to be able to admit that much.

poor fool

a defense that is printed in full as the source of a particular web page could not be found.

One of the fathers of the internet, Vint Cerf:

:lol::lol::lol:

wingnut

moonbat

Notice that no where in that defense did Cerf once say that Gore created the internet. If Gore had claimed he saw the potential and worked to make sure that the smart people had plenty of money to accomplish what they did I would have no problem with it. As it stands his claim is just as silly as Romney taking credit for saving GM. Unless you want to make some type of issue about me sneering at Romney for what he said I suggest you stop trying to defend Gore. Unless, that is, you are actually a moonbat.

Al Gore needed the defense because of what he said. What is the point in pretending that he didn't say it. Every time you act like it's outrageous for us to quote him, you undermine your case that this is much ado about nothing.

It is what it is.

There you go ... have fun spending another 2, 10, 20 pages calling us wingnuts for quoting him. lol

a defense that is printed in full as the source of a particular web page could not be found.

wingnut

moonbat

Moonbat.

When wingnuts and moonbats fly: What people | Palin | Gore | really said.​

AL Gore : what did he actually say and in what context? Do you know?

Starting with Al Gore, below is a defense that is printed in full as the source of a particular web page could not be found.

Ah, fucknuts and their idiocy....

Did 2.2 GPA Algore say he invented the Internet?

Lets see,

Roget’s Thesaurus

Look up word "created"

Built
Constructed
Fabricated
INVENTED
Produced

Gee, I guess Gore DID claim that he INVENTED the Internet, since invent and create are synonyms.

But I can understand where you gush about Algore, 'cause who is likened unto him?

Gore DID create the Internet,

But more than that, Gore was technologically savvy enough to build himself a time machine, went back to February 1962, used the name J.C.R. Licklider and defined the concept of the "Galactic Network," which was the birth of the Internet.

Then Algore, our superhero went forward to October, used the names Ivan Sutherland, Bob Taylor, and Lawrence G. Roberts. Now this even further proves just how special our Algore is, because he had to use a special "molecular splitter" to assume all four of these roles at once, but nothing is too much for our Algore.

Using these four names, Algore convinced the Department of Defense (DARPA) to fund a project to determine the feasibility of his idea (as Licklider.)

(Yeah, it’s true that congress had nothing to do with any funding until 1991, but that’s a minor point, Algore was responsible for DoD funding, as you can see!)

Then he went forward to 1964, and turned himself into Leonard Kleinrock, under this name, our superhero Algore created "packet switching," alleviating the need for physical circuits.

Of course this went on for some time, Algore mounting his time machine to go to different periods and "create the Internet."

Algore the perfect, made stops as Bob Kahn, so he could create NCP, the foundation of TCP/IP. Then still being Kahn employed the help of Vint Cerf to develop TCP/IP itself.

And of course, he assumed the identity of Bob Metcalfe to develop Ethernet, the networking system the Internet and most LANs use.

Now no one is quite sure why Gore used all these different names, or why he changed his appearance. But as Gore supporters, our job is to never question. He said he created the Internet, and it's our job to show that he did, no matter how stupid we may have to be in doing so.

Maybe Algore will take credit for inventing time travel next, and release the plans for his "way back machine" to the public.

Wouldn't that be swell?

Al Gore needed the defense because of what he said. What is the point in pretending that he didn't say it. Every time you act like it's outrageous for us to quote him, you undermine your case that this is much ado about nothing.

It is what it is.

There you go ... have fun spending another 2, 10, 20 pages calling us wingnuts for quoting him. lol

wingnut

moonbat

Romney saved GM, he said so.

Moonbat.

That does not prove he is not a moonbat or a wingnut.

Romney saved GM, and you are a moonbat.

Notice that no where in that defense did Cerf once say that Gore created the internet. If Gore had claimed he saw the potential and worked to make sure that the smart people had plenty of money to accomplish what they did I would have no problem with it. As it stands his claim is just as silly as Romney taking credit for saving GM. Unless you want to make some type of issue about me sneering at Romney for what he said I suggest you stop trying to defend Gore. Unless, that is, you are actually a moonbat.

and Gore's statement taken in context does NOT claim he, Gore, created the internet.

At one point, Blitzer asked Gore why the Democrats should support him over rival Bill Bradley. Gore answered, "Well, I will -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins, and it'll be comprehensive and sweeping, and I hope that it'll be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be. But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Forum List

Back