When Will The Republicans In Congress Start Doing Their Job?

Is it not their job to legislate?

Pass bills?

Do they expect Obama to sit next to them, coddle them and hold their hands with the nation's business?

What's really going on here?

And now they're complaining that he spoke mean to them yesterday?

Are these people serious?

How can they with the obstructionist democrats blocking every attempt?
What has the Republicans and/or RW policies done for this country in 40 years?

Quadrupled the debt..... false

Raised unemployment by 5%.... false

Signed an unconstitutional mandate into law..... false

Turned a two day oil clean up into a over a two month long disaster..... false

Why are you being stupid? You could look up all these lies and see that they are lies.

The GOP is doing the job they were elected to do, the same job Mitch McConnell voiced so well when he said "our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office".

Their top job is to get a Republican President. To Hell with everything else.

Don't be fucking stupid...

The GOP is doing the job they were elected to do, the same job Mitch McConnell voiced so well when he said "our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term in office".

Did I mis-quote McConnell? Why don't you explain what part I got wrong bub?

Pass bills?

Do they expect Obama to sit next to them, coddle them and hold their hands with the nation's business?

Kept the democrats out of the whitehouse for the majority of them. That's a win right there.

You just gave every politicians position and goal no matter what their party is... Very meaningful......................................................

Btw, nice dodge on Dems taking blame for not passing their own budget, maybe they should have done their homework early rather than end up pulling an all nighter on “extra credit” because they never did manage to do their homework.

Hey nice pic, that about sums up Obama, "to busy to get anything done other than giving the green light to kill OBL, hell they had to pull me off the golf course!" He should run off it.

Last edited:

The part where you took it literally....

Stop being fucking stupid...

Pass bills?

Kept UE under 8-9 and 10%... Amazing how fast Dems got it there.

Some of you RW loons were calling him a failure before he even stepped one foot in office...nothing new there.

Obama has done more in his 2 years and change than Bush has in his entire 8 years or would if given 8 more years.

Hold that.

But none of it has benefited America.

Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:h1256enr.txt.pdf

Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
Russia and U.S. Sign Nuclear Arms Reduction Pact - NYTimes.com

Increased average fuel economy standards from 27.5mpg to 35.5mpg, starting in 2016
Emissions limits, greater fuel efficiency for cars, light trucks made official

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers
Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
Pentagon Will Help Families Travel to Dover - NYTimes.com

Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base
BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse
Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans
Our Products - VA Office of Budget

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured
Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 | TheMiddleClass.org

Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research
Obama overturns Bush policy on stem cell research | World news | guardian.co.uk

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis
Content Search - Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation

Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development
The Science of Spending Stimulus Money Wisely - NYTimes.com

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system
Weapon Systems Acquisition Reform Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Issued executive order to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay
Obama signs order to close Guantanamo Bay facility - CNN.com

Ended Bush administration's CIA program of 'enhanced interrogation methods' by requiring that the Army field manual be used as the guide for terrorism interrogations
Obama signs order to close Guantanamo Bay facility - CNN.com

Increased minority access to capital
http://www.sba.gov/idc/groups/public/documents/sba_homepage/news_release_09-58.pdf

Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers
PolitiFact | The Obameter: Establish a credit card bill of rights

Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition
Obama Signs Bill on Student Loans and Health Care - NYTimes.com

Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Tax credits for up to 29 million individuals to help pay for health insurance

Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level
For Consumers, Some Clarity on Health Care Changes - NYTimes.com

Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care

Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals
Our Products - VA Office of Budget

Shall I go on...?

It seems you radical RWers only "know" what you wanna know. That's why FOX viewers are consistently, consistently the LEAST educated viewers on any issue.

You far RW loonatics really need to get up out the lunatic RW echoe chambers and stick your heads up for fresh air.

76-head_up_ass.jpg

The part where you took it literally....

Oh, so, if McConnell says that the #1 job of the GOP is to get a Republican President, I should not take that literally, even if he says it multiple times. But, if Obama stumbles and says 57 states, I should take that literally that he means 57 states and that he is a closeted-radical Muslim bent on Sharia law.

Seriously, the hypocrisy you guys throw around is staggering.

Btw, nice dodge on Dems taking blame for not passing their own budget,

Hey, if you want to start a thread about the evil Dems from a year ago and the lack of budget, go for it. However, that has nothing to do with the GOP, right now, not doing their jobs.
It has everything to do with it.

The dems have taken a powder on coming up with and passing a budget for over two years...To now dump this on republicans -or anyone else, for that matter- is the absolute height of disingenuousness.

IOW, it's par for the course from the American left.

Btw, nice dodge on Dems taking blame for not passing their own budget,

Hey, if you want to start a thread about the evil Dems from a year ago and the lack of budget, go for it. However, that has nothing to do with the GOP, right now, not doing their jobs.

Oh, I'm so sorry... I didn't know there were no Democrats in congress in 2011....

There are, but of course, you have yet to say anything about them and how they might impact the GOP doing their jobs RIGHT NOW. So, you know, when you do, we can address that, but until then, you're just whining.

Pass bills?

Do you have the ability to think on your own?

Or do you come on here and regurgitate what you hear Mr. Obama say the day before?

That's exactly what MArc does.

Hey, isn't Marc one of the openly racist people on these boards?

Post ONE shred of evidence that proves that to be true.

Just one.

I give you 5 years.

Go...!!!

midgetmack_slap1.gif

Oh Marc, I knew you were... But I'm not going to search around even for 5 min to see if I can find a quote. The thing about being racist is it has a way of following you around, so get used to it.

Forum List

Back