When will the Media being to

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
Get on the cases of the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans for their total lack of planning?

The entire media keeps reporting all these people that are dogging the President for this lack and are not reporting that the Governor and Mayor were incompetent and had no infrastructure set up to help these people relying solely on luck and happenstance.

This embicilic behavior has costed hundreds of lives, if not thousands.

That there is help getting there now is amazing considering there was nothing on which to build from in a relief effort.

The Mayor of New Oreleans had no evacuation plan for his city? He started the mandatory evacuations days after hearing the storm would be devastating? He had no plan in place for when the Police and EMT personnel lost contact with each other?

The Governor had no equipment to reach the people in a flooded city in the path of hurricanes that is situated below sea level with levies designed to hold back level 3 storms when this one was level 4? There was no statewide plan to send in teams of Police and EMTs from other cities with boats and equipment to reach the people? No tents to set up in the dry areas?

Neither of these idiots has room to talk, but the Mayor of New Orleans has now started to hassle the President for not doing the Mayor's job quickly enough?

What is wrong with all of us?! Why do we let this continue without sending the message that enough is enough?

Yes indeedy. I heard that the mayor (of New Orleans, I think) was on the Today show cursing a blue streak against the Federal Gov't for failing to help his city.

Abbey Normal said:
Yes indeedy. I heard that the mayor (of New Orleans, I think) was on the Today show cursing a blue streak against the Federal Gov't for failing to help his city.

Yeah, that is what stared the above rant. What an asshat! Complaining that Bush didn't do his job for him. Same with that idiotic Governor.

no1tovote4 said:
Get on the cases of the Governor of Louisiana and the Mayor of New Orleans for their total lack of planning?

The entire media keeps reporting all these people that are dogging the President for this lack and are not reporting that the Governor and Mayor were incompetent and had no infrastructure set up to help these people relying solely on luck and happenstance.

That there is help getting there now is amazing considering there was nothing on which to build from in a relief effort.

The Mayor of New Oreleans had no evacuation plan for his city? He started the mandatory evacuations days after hearing the storm would be devastating? He had no plan in place for when the Police and EMT personnel lost contact with each other?

The Governor had no equipment to reach the people in a flooded city in the path of hurricanes that is situated below sea level with levies designed to hold back level 3 storms when this one was level 4? There was no statewide plan to send in teams of Police and EMTs from other cities with boats and equipment to reach the people? No tents to set up in the dry areas?

Neither of these idiots has room to talk, but the Mayor of New Orleans has now started to hassle the President for not doing the Mayor's job quickly enough?

What is wrong with all of us?! Why do we let this continue without sending the message that enough is enough?

No body will bash anyone in the area right now out of fear of being called insensitive.

Wait a few months..then it will start.

I've been wondering the same thing, No1. The State and City holds most, if not all, of the fault for this lack of preparedness IMO.

I see a good thing here though, for those with their eyes open. It's an example of what happens when we look to Washington for EVERYTHING.

Mr. P said:
I've been wondering the same thing, No1. The State and City holds most, if not all, of the fault for this lack of preparedness IMO.

I see a good thing here though, for those with their eyes open. It's an example of what happens when we look to Washington for EVERYTHING.

There was no plan there, everyone was left to their own devices to get out which is okay but then when tragedy strikes don't pass the buck. I think the Mayor is just trying to deflect his lack of leadership onto the federal government. This whole blame game is pathetic but not unexpected.

Bonnie said:
There was no plan there, everyone was left to their own devices to get out which is okay but then when tragedy strikes don't pass the buck. I think the Mayor is just trying to deflect his lack of leadership onto the federal government. This whole blame game is pathetic but not unexpected.
The Mayor, the Media, you name it...Bush is the target.

government in the union. Not only that but New Orleans had the choice years ago about the level of hurricane to build the levees to withstand. Guess what they choose? Yep. The cheap way out. Level three when they could have built to level five. Cheap way, corrupt way, stupid way, Louisiana way. Glad I moved and I swore I'd never move back. Never did. I've said my prayers for the affected but to hang this on the feds is just ignorant of Louisiana politics.

ThomasPaine said:
government in the union. Not only that but New Orleans had the choice years ago about the level of hurricane to build the levees to withstand. Guess what they choose? Yep. The cheap way out. Level three when they could have built to level five. Cheap way, corrupt way, stupid way, Louisiana way. Glad I moved and I swore I'd never move back. Never did. I've said my prayers for the affected but to hang this on the feds is just ignorant of Louisiana politics.

Well you haven't lived in Illinois for corruption. I will say though, it's not so much the infrastructure as individuals and political cabals enriching themselves. Like CA our schools in the dicey areas are falling fast.

no1tovote4 said:

O'Reilly just let both of em have both barrels but we all know who the media is targeting and it seems as though they never miss. I'm with Mr.P. Be grateful cause they same country that takes care of your ass can ignore your ass. It is the price you pay for dependency and thinking shit can't happen in America.

dilloduck said:
O'Reilly just let both of em have both barrels but we all know who the media is targeting and it seems as though they never miss. I'm with Mr.P. Be grateful cause they same country that takes care of your ass can ignore your ass. It is the price you pay for dependency and thinking shit can't happen in America.

This time I will not stand idly by as Randi Rhodes accuses me of being an uncaring bigoted halfwit while at the same time excusing the Local governments of any and all responsibility for their total lack of intelligent planning. Shoot even half-assed stupid planning would be better than the total lack of any whatsoever.

This can be a lesson on responsibility in crisis, or it can be a boondoggle for the current Administration. It really depends on how much brown stuff we are willing to eat. I have had my fill, and after hearing Randi spout hate-trash bile for a half-hour on my drive home I will not stand by and let those people demonize me any longer. (The regular stations were taken up with football pre-game show for a preseason game and the crappy Rockes so I ended up with whatever talk radio was left, crappy Air America).

Abbey Normal said:
Yes indeedy. I heard that the mayor (of New Orleans, I think) was on the Today show cursing a blue streak

I really don't foresee this mayor getting reelected in the future unless the people of New Orleans are just plain stupid.

It's not the federal governments job to take care of a city. It's the mayors. Plain and simple. If you expect someone else to do your job than you dont deserve the job.

I really don't foresee this mayor getting reelected in the future unless the people of New Orleans are just plain stupid.

It's not the federal governments job to take care of a city. It's the mayors. Plain and simple. If you expect someone else to do your job than you dont deserve the job.

I'd say his chances are pretty good. I know it's mean, but you know it's true.

who will elect him? they have all gone or are dead

New Topics

Forum List

Back