When will solar become economical against the grid?

Skull pilot -

Why does it need to be single point?

Around 90% of homes on Cyprus and Malta have solar panels - do you imagine that has much of an impact on the total electricity demand in those countries?
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh !:mad:
Don't give secrets like that to murkins :eusa_hand:

Skull pilot -

Why does it need to be single point?

Around 90% of homes on Cyprus and Malta have solar panels - do you imagine that has much of an impact on the total electricity demand in those countries?

If you ask this then I can assume you did not read the post I linked to.

Here is the post
]Tell me why is it better to spend billions of dollars on government funded solar "farms" that destroy wild open spaces and will create all kinds of problems with our existing power grid by dumping large and sporadic amounts of electricity into a single point than it is to rethink solar use to a large scale small scale strategy?

Let me elaborate.

We have unused real estate to the tune of hundreds of thousands of acres that are usable for solar power right now. There is no development needed and the infrastructure to install solar panels and use the power produces are already in place.

This real estate i speak of are the millions of south and southwest facing roof tops in every state.

Large scale small scale entails installing solar panels on every one of these already suitable roofs and tying them all into the grid. This strategy solves the major problems with large scale solar farms mentioned earlier; the cost of building them, the spoiling of our empty wild lands and the power distribution problems. The real estate already exists and power would trickle into the grid in small amounts from many points rather than just one

Homeowners could receive tax credits for installing their own panels or they could lease their rooftops to the utilities or receive a discounted electric rate.

This solution is simple, cost effective and immediately implementable. That our so called leaders haven't thought of it illustrates their fixation on big wasteful and obscenely expensive projects that are doing nothing for us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back