When will it be too late?

Yes.

Which is why the GCC controversy is moot, the damage is irreparable.

In essence those opposed to GCC have won by default, whether the scientists are lying or the data are false is now irrelevant.

Of course the "damage" is the brain damage you whack-job cultists exhibit...

Ever bring anything other than inane yap-yap to a discussion, dumb fuck?

The sky is not falling and we will not all die if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

But a significant percentage of the human population will.

And how many is that and show me your proof that people just won't move to another area.

BTW if they don't move, whose fault is that?

Damned peanuts in the US last year, damned wheat in Australia last year, and damned grains in Russia in 2010 should have all walked to somewhere they could have grown properly.

Really dumb statements, Skull.

Probably some time after it actually exists.

Shhhhhh...

Old Rocks is teaching us about the TIMECUBE....

We must listen,

{I know for a fact that 4 simultaneous 24
hour Days exist within a single rotation
of Earth. Midday is a light race Day.
Sundown is an Asian race Day. Midnight
is a Black Race Day and Sunup is an Indian
Race Day. Erroneous 1 Day 1 God crap
has corrupted human Cubic intelligence. }

Time Cube

Standard Disclaimer: Or was he spewing on about AGW? Meh, what's the difference.....

Ever bring anything other than inane yap-yap to a discussion, dumb fuck?

ROFL

Irony indeed, cultist.

I only mock you morons because you're fucking primitive baboons. (And I'm not sure the baboons like it.)

You know what the very fist shaman said 50,000 years ago? "WE'RE ALL GUNNA DIE! Bring me your virgins if you want me to intercede on your behalf."

AGW is the oldest scam in the book.

Over 15 feet of snow in Alaska and much more coming.................

Im reasonably certain the last thing on the minds of these snow mobile guys is global warming!!!

A sIcK vid...............

http://vimeo.com/35869266

The nutters only talk about the places where the outgoing LaNina is resulting in a warmer winter. They dont want you seeing THIS vid.

Last edited:

Attachments

• $time_iceage.jpg
    $time_iceage.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 55
The sky is not falling and we will not all die if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

I always wondered what was so terrible about using less energy and fuel and having longer growing periods for crops? It's been shown that the Earth has warmed many times coinciding with human existance, and we're all still here. Greenland was actually once green. :eusa_eh:

Flooding, much of the earth's poulation would have to move.
Tropical diseases would move more easily to previously temperate regions.
Some areas may have longer growing periods, but others could become deserts.
Storms would become more destructive.

That enough for now?

Tropical diseases you say? You do realise that the leading researcher in the field says that is hogwash. You do realise that don't you? What's the weather like at the equator? It's a real good analog for a warmer world, the weather there is mild. Gentle rain showers almost every day and very few storms.

There's two of your hokey fears blown out of the water. Which areas exactly would have shorter growing periods? I am curious as to where those places would be.

Flooding might be an issue, however, man is remarkably adaptable. New Orleans has been under water for centuries and it's still with us. The same goes for good portions of Holland and other areas. Amazingly enough you can do tons of mitigation for way less then the 76 trillion bucks the UN thinks we should piss away to lower the global temp by a degree, in a hundred years...maybe.

When will it be too late to do anything about global warming?

Have we already guaranteed our doom?

So you are a warmist too ehh? Sorry to hear.

The facts....

from about 1980 to 1998 we had a 1/3 of a degree warming period. This started the Man made global warming claim.

Another inconvenient fact for the man made global warming crowd. Since 1998 until today there has been no significant warming.

A further fact. In the early 1900's scientists predicted that over the next 100 years the temperature would go up globally about 1 degree. And that is what it did.

So we had an 18 year trend that saw a rise of 1/3 of a degree world wide. Followed to date by a 14 year period with no appreciable warming. Remind me again how we are all doomed?

Climate myths: Global warming stopped in 1998 - environment - 15 August 2008 - New Scientist

According to the dataset of the UK Met Office Hadley Centre (see figure), 1998 was the warmest year by far since records began, but since 2003 there has been slight cooling.

But according to the dataset of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (see figure), 2005 was the warmest since records began, with 1998 and 2007 tied in second place.

Tracking the heat
Why the difference? The main reason is that there are no permanent weather stations in the Arctic Ocean, the place on Earth that has been warming fastest. The Hadley record simply excludes this area, whereas the NASA version assumes its surface temperature is the same as that of the nearest land-based stations.

We can't do anything about it.
The Earth Axis has shifted and we did not do it. It is a natural thing, it has happened before and animals and humans are still here .We will still be here. Some people will die including animals, but it won't wipe us all out.

Global Changes

Climate myths: Global warming stopped in 1998 - environment - 15 August 2008 - New Scientist

According to the dataset of the UK Met Office Hadley Centre (see figure), 1998 was the warmest year by far since records began, but since 2003 there has been slight cooling.

But according to the dataset of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (see figure), 2005 was the warmest since records began, with 1998 and 2007 tied in second place.

Tracking the heat
Why the difference? The main reason is that there are no permanent weather stations in the Arctic Ocean, the place on Earth that has been warming fastest. The Hadley record simply excludes this area, whereas the NASA version assumes its surface temperature is the same as that of the nearest land-based stations.

Oh, well if NASA said it, we can never doubt...

{Climate researchers have discovered that government researchers improperly manipulated data in order to claim 2005 as "The Warmest Year on Record."

In a new report supported by SPPI, computer expert E. Michael Smith and Certified Consulting Meteorologist Joseph D'Aleo discovered extensive manipulation of the temperature data by the U.S. Government's National Climate Data Center (NCDC) in Asheville, North Carolina Smith and D'Aleo accuse these centers of manipulating temperature data to give the appearance of warmer temperatures than actually occurred by trimming the number and location of weather observation stations and then 'adjuting the data in ways that increase the apparent warming.}

» NASA Gets Caught Faking Climate Change Data-AGAIN! - Big Government

SAY....

Didn't Old Rocks just claim that 1998 was the hottest year on record? You know, repeating a claim HE KNOWS is false and is acknowledged false by NASA?

Well, in the words of James Hansen, "following a cult means never questioning..."

Y'all are good at that.

125,000 years ago the CO2 was at nearly 300 ppm, the CH4 was at 0.8 ppm, and there were no industrial GHGs for which there are no natural analogs.

Today, we are at 390ppm on CO2, 1.8 ppm on Ch4, and have numerous industrial GHGs which are hundreds to thousands of times as effective GHGs as CO2. And there is a lag of 30 to 50 years between the level of GHGs and the time the full effects are felt.

So, we are far above the GHG levels of the period quoted. And the information confirms rather than contradicts present climate theory. With far less GHGs, there were strong effects we have yet to see from the amount we have at present. You might well have thrown in that the sea level was at least 3 meters above the present.

Also, there is the rest of the article;

Fossil DNA Proves Greenland Once Had Lush Forests; Ice Sheet Is Surprisingly Stable

This theory however, was not confirmed by Willerslev and co-workers subsequent datings. He analysed the insects' mitochondria, which are special genomes that change with time and like a clock can be used to date the DNA. He also analysed their amino acids which also change over time. Both datings showed that the insects were at least 450,000 years old.

The point is, regardless of when it was, the ecosystem was completely different. What caused the 'global warming' then? If the Earth is warming, which it currently is not, there is nothing we have done to cause it, nor is there anything we can do to stop it. You think trading carbon credits and enriching a small subset of people in the process is going to 'save' the planet? Give me a break. And I'm thought a fool for believing in God. :cuckoo:

Seems it's already too late.

So eat, drink and be merry.

As an added bonus, if our environment is going to eat us alive in a few decades, we can snicker at those who are much younger than we. :lol: I will be stone cold when the earth's surface has become a living hell! :lol:

I lived in the good times--before the looming nightmare thrust itself full force into human life. :lol: :lol:

Ahh, cold, sweet death--and I got to enjoy football, and X-Box 360, and beer, and pleasant seasons and plentiful water and tanned, lusty women. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not you my young friends, not you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BuhBye now! :lol:

414f20ce-65c8-4609-b0f8-a25f552db563.jpg

400px-Sexy_Traci_Brook's_Boobs.jpg

These have nothing to do with anything. I had to post them. They were served up in my image search for buhbye now. :D

Last edited:
The point is, regardless of when it was, the ecosystem was completely different. What caused the 'global warming' then? If the Earth is warming, which it currently is not, there is nothing we have done to cause it, nor is there anything we can do to stop it. You think trading carbon credits and enriching a small subset of people in the process is going to 'save' the planet? Give me a break. And I'm thought a fool for believing in God. :cuckoo:

What caused warming in the past is irrelevant and the blanket statement that we can't be causing it is false. We know the properties of CO2 and know that it's about 100 ppm above historical averages, since the advent of the Industrial Revolution with no other explanation for its rise. Given those facts, who's kidding who? It's time for the skeptics to prove something, not just sit back and deny or ignore facts that pile up on a daily basis. You're quick to jump on the factoid that "the earth isn't warming up right now", but even saying that shows the shallowness of the skeptic argument. Any other time we'd be hearing about "natural cycles", but when given evidence of just such a cycle blunting a warming trend, we hear crickets chirp! Top that off with "carbon credits" and that just shows that the argument from the skeptic side is political in nature and they've given up on the science, preferring mere lip service about what happened in the past and natural cycles, but nothing about what's been happening for the last ~200 years! You can't take the past as a template for the future, if underlying conditions have changed. That's basic science AND logic.

Nobody sane is talking doom. What we are talking about is the negative consequences of global warming. Humanity survived the eruption of Toba, and the black plague, we will survive the warming. It just won't be pleasant.

Can you show one bit of hard evidence that the earth is presently at the optimum temperature for sustaining life?

When will it be too late to do anything about global warming?

Have we already guaranteed our doom?

If you truely believe that a trace gas within the atmosphere with no capacity to trap IR can raise the temperature of the earth, it may already be to late for you.

You are clearly a victim of one of the greatest hoaxes in the history of the earth.

Ever the dumb fuck.

From the American Institute of Physics, a Scientific Society made up of Scientific Societies;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Ever the worshipful acolyte spouting scripture. Which part of that chapter of your bible do you suppose represents proof of anything rocks. I keep asking and you remain unable to answer.

Forum List

Back