When will it be too late?

When will it be too late to do anything about global warming?

Have we already guaranteed our doom?

So you are a warmist too ehh? Sorry to hear.

The facts....

from about 1980 to 1998 we had a 1/3 of a degree warming period. This started the Man made global warming claim.

Another inconvenient fact for the man made global warming crowd. Since 1998 until today there has been no significant warming.

A further fact. In the early 1900's scientists predicted that over the next 100 years the temperature would go up globally about 1 degree. And that is what it did.

So we had an 18 year trend that saw a rise of 1/3 of a degree world wide. Followed to date by a 14 year period with no appreciable warming. Remind me again how we are all doomed?

Still repeating that tired shit?

UAH Global Temperature Update for Dec. 2011: +0.13 deg. C « Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

When will it be too late to do anything about global warming?

Have we already guaranteed our doom?

If you truely believe that a trace gas within the atmosphere with no capacity to trap IR can raise the temperature of the earth, it may already be to late for you.

You are clearly a victim of one of the greatest hoaxes in the history of the earth.

Ever the dumb fuck.

From the American Institute of Physics, a Scientific Society made up of Scientific Societies;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

LOL!!! Logic is now a "thought processing error"?!?! Sorry, AGW has been proven. The only questions remaning are "when" and "how bad".

Sorry to have to call you a liar konradv, but alas, you are a liar. AGW has not been proven. In fact, it has not even been elevated to the level of a theory. AGW remains a piss poor hypothesis lacking a single shred of hard, observable, repeatable evidence that provides a hard link between the activities of man and the changing climate.

I already showed you that there has been no decrease in outgoing LW radiation since 1970 according to the satellite record in spite of a marked increase in atmospheric CO2. The facts simply don't support the AGW claims.

But once again, if you believe there is proof that provides a hard link between the activities of man and the changing climate or that there is anything going on in the climate today that is outside the boundries of natural variability, feel free to post your proof.

By the way, a claim that it has been posted rather than an actual posting will only tend to reinforce my claim that you are a liar.

So says an anamous message board poster. In the meantime, all the Scientific Societies in the world, all the National Academies of Science, and all the major Universities state AGW is a fact and a clear and present danger to all of us.

Oh, who to believe??????????????

The sky is not falling and we will not all die if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

I always wondered what was so terrible about using less energy and fuel and having longer growing periods for crops? It's been shown that the Earth has warmed many times coinciding with human existance, and we're all still here. Greenland was actually once green. :eusa_eh:

No, Greenland was never green. At the very best of times, it was marginal for any life style other than that practiced by the Inuit populations.

The sky is not falling and we will not all die if the earth is a few degrees warmer.

I always wondered what was so terrible about using less energy and fuel and having longer growing periods for crops? It's been shown that the Earth has warmed many times coinciding with human existance, and we're all still here. Greenland was actually once green. :eusa_eh:

The Vikings named it Greenland to keep foreigners out of Iceland.

Ever the dumb fuck.

From the American Institute of Physics, a Scientific Society made up of Scientific Societies;

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

So what you're saying is that if we don't give our virgin daughters to the priests, then the volcano god will be angry and destroy the village? So me giving the Shamans what they want doesn't just affect my life, but the lives of everyone else as well?

Damn, guess I better knuckle under for the good of all.....

2.jpg

Michael Mann supports you!

No, Greenland was never green. At the very best of times, it was marginal for any life style other than that practiced by the Inuit populations.

Fossil DNA Proves Greenland Once Had Lush Forests; Ice Sheet Is Surprisingly Stable

"This genetic material presents a biological environment, which is completely different to what we see today." he says. "We have found grain, pine, yew and alder. These correspond to the landscapes we find in Eastern Canada and in the Swedish forests today. The trees provide a backdrop from which we can also ascertain the climate since each species has its own temperature requirements. The yew trees reveal that the temperature during the winter could not have been lower than minus 17 degrees Celsius, and the presence of other trees shows that summer temperatures were at least 10 degrees".

Climate theories over-turned

The research results are the first direct proof that there was forest in southern Greenland. Furthermore Willerslev found genetic traces of insects such as butterflies, moths, flies and beetles. But when was that? According to most scientific theories to date, all of southern Greenland and most of the northern part were ice-free during the last interglacial period 125,000 years ago, when the climate was 5 degrees warmer than the interglacial period we currently live in.

125,000 years ago the CO2 was at nearly 300 ppm, the CH4 was at 0.8 ppm, and there were no industrial GHGs for which there are no natural analogs.

Today, we are at 390ppm on CO2, 1.8 ppm on Ch4, and have numerous industrial GHGs which are hundreds to thousands of times as effective GHGs as CO2. And there is a lag of 30 to 50 years between the level of GHGs and the time the full effects are felt.

So, we are far above the GHG levels of the period quoted. And the information confirms rather than contradicts present climate theory. With far less GHGs, there were strong effects we have yet to see from the amount we have at present. You might well have thrown in that the sea level was at least 3 meters above the present.

Also, there is the rest of the article;

Fossil DNA Proves Greenland Once Had Lush Forests; Ice Sheet Is Surprisingly Stable

This theory however, was not confirmed by Willerslev and co-workers subsequent datings. He analysed the insects' mitochondria, which are special genomes that change with time and like a clock can be used to date the DNA. He also analysed their amino acids which also change over time. Both datings showed that the insects were at least 450,000 years old.

Forum List

Back