When will all this madness end?

I'm sure those who want to take religion out of the picture won't appreciate this answer, but; the madness ends when we obey the Law of the Jubilee.

PR--
Agree that falling moral standards are an issue, if not the sociologic issue that separates much of America from progressives. They are aware of this and are and have been doing all they can to derail a return to fundamental values, even if modified from the ideal.

There is a book I read recently which solidified my own thinking about how not to lose core values to the skills of progressive debaters. You can see it some of it in my posts alluding to arguments about how to argue and on my blog: Indiana Oracle

"Imagining the Future", Yuval Levin, ISBN-13: 978-1-59403-209-74, 2008.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
While I don't agree that they should be banned any more than gay marriage, but that's the problem, sitting around praying to an imaginary sky man instead of doing something ... then taking credit for it when things do get better though they had nothing to do with it ... it's not hurting, but it is in no way helping anything either.

if people find peace and strength in their religious meditation why does it matter.....

Who said anything about that, talking about sitting around and praying for a fix instead of doing something about it then trying to claim credit for it ... that just pisses me off when lazy asses do that, regardless of what religious views you have.

Well I think prayer has its place. With that said, I'll quote my late Irish mom about God, "If you want the potatoes pick up the hoe."

if people find peace and strength in their religious meditation why does it matter.....

Who said anything about that, talking about sitting around and praying for a fix instead of doing something about it then trying to claim credit for it ... that just pisses me off when lazy asses do that, regardless of what religious views you have.

Well I think prayer has its place. With that said, I'll quote my late Irish mom about God, "If you want the potatoes pick up the hoe."

I do agree with that. My complaint was regarding those who don't want to but insist everyone else does then whine about the job being shitty or taking credit when it's good.

One word.... "REVOLUTION." Keep it in mind. It's coming.

Go ahead and jump if you feel froggy. Thats what I thought.

There won't be anything "froggy" about it, and I won't be jumping. Hopefully a peaceful revolution will be sufficient. If not, we'll be fighting, not jumping. Millions of us. Watch what happens this month on "Tax Tea Party Day."

"When peaceful revolution becomes impossible, then violent revolution becomes inevitable." JFK.

A bunch of fools are going to go out and march around claiming the right to be parasites.

Pole Rider ... seriously? Just ... seriously?

Well kuntkoder... if that's the best you can respond with, you are a fucking moron and not worth listening to.

Well now, we have just taken full measure of your morality.

She makes reference to me as a penis in slang, I will return the favor and make reference to her as a vagina in slang.

She doesn't want to be called a kunt, then don't call me a pole. Simple.

Now STFU cherry. Neither I nor the board needs any of your one sided bull shit.

Last edited:
Well kuntkoder... if that's the best you can respond with, you are a fucking moron and not worth listening to.

She makes reference to me as a penis in slang, I will return the favor and make reference to her as a vagina in slang.

You are incorrect ...
... I call you a Pole Rider ... though I shouldn't because that's actually more of an insult to gay men since most would not be insane enough to go near someone as ignorant as you have proven to be. I did not answer your original post because you made no valid points, and until you do, all I can answer with is humorous insults.

no point in Revolution until we figure out the RIGHT way to run things.

let's face it - none of you could write a better constitution than the one we have now.

we aren't even having a DISCUSSION on how a world after such a revolution should be structured ...

here are some of the major fuck ups i have identified in our current system:

1 - organized religion ( should be abolished )

2 - unions ( should be abolished )

3 - government run education ( indoctrination ) system ( government cannot be allowed to teach history EVER ! )

without completely getting rid of AT LEAST these three there is no point in a Revolution ...

--------------------------------------

we could start by establishing a "think tank" that will develop a model for a future society in at least as much detail as the founding fathers done it with Constitution and Bill of Rights

the output of this think tank should be condensed to a document short enough for anybody to read ( something like 10 pages ) with maybe a series of videos to help explain it

if enough young energetic people can agree on this model then they may decide to "GO FOR IT" and seize power.

to simply go and murder everybody in Washington without any plan for what to do next would be downright irresponsible.

Yeah it's all religion's fault! Lets kill them crazy Christians. They are the reason for the whole economic meltdown and all the world's problems. You get some God loving people organized in a church there's no telling what might happen. They might even.....help us all.....Pray for this country and all that are hurting. I sure don't want that on my hands and can understand your position.
Riiiiiiight.

While I don't agree that they should be banned any more than gay marriage, but that's the problem, sitting around praying to an imaginary sky man instead of doing something ... then taking credit for it when things do get better though they had nothing to do with it ... it's not hurting, but it is in no way helping anything either.

Posting condescending, insulting messages does absolutely nothing. Maybe it makes you feel important or gives you some warped sense of self gratification, it affects my beliefs in no way. I can assure you their is nothing imaginary about God and you have no proof that it is indeed God answering the prayers. Christianity is an easy target by the ignorant masses and again I think it just makes people feel superior by insulting the religion.

Insults are for those who have nothing valuable to add to the debate and destroys any credibility that one may have.

What an incredibly selfish, shallow way to look at it. Who cares who gets the "credit" for fixing the mess we are in? This is not some grade school game where you try to get a gold star. These are real problems that need to be fixed. They are not getting fixed because of the selfishness in trying to get the "credit". We all win if it is fixed and we all lose if everyone is trying to look good and get a pat on the back.

Insulting ones beliefs serves no purpose in adding to the debate and helping to fix things. When we quit worrying about other belief systems and whether they are right, wrong, lazy or crazy, we may start to mend this very broken society.

If you think praying and studying and following ones faith is " what lazy asses do", try doing it for a while. It takes much drive and determination to be strong in your faith.
All the glory goes to God anyway

What an incredibly selfish, shallow way to look at it. Who cares who gets the "credit" for fixing the mess we are in? This is not some grade school game where you try to get a gold star. These are real problems that need to be fixed. They are not getting fixed because of the selfishness in trying to get the "credit". We all win if it is fixed and we all lose if everyone is trying to look good and get a pat on the back.

Insulting ones beliefs serves no purpose in adding to the debate and helping to fix things. When we quit worrying about other belief systems and whether they are right, wrong, lazy or crazy, we may start to mend this very broken society.

If you think praying and studying and following ones faith is " what lazy asses do", try doing it for a while. It takes much drive and determination to be strong in your faith.
All the glory goes to God anyway

If your god was real, I'd have been dead a long time ago ... but nope, in spite of me actually converting many to my religion, I still wonder the earth, so yeah ... no reality without proof.

It is lazy to whine and complain about wrongs, blaming other people, and doing nothing about it but sitting around praying for a better tomorrow, if your god actually responded to such things this would have never happened, and proof is in action. So yes, they are lazy and selfish in giving all the credit to some mythical being instead of those good people who actually did something to make lives better. Do not lecture me on your religion, I walked that path, saw it for the poison it was, and found light in another religion and calling. Take a clue from the smarter christians, it's not worth the headache I can give you on this topic.

It's a bit late for a revolution ...

Too few guns now. No political strength for the people anymore. All we can do now is scream and yell at them.

Well, there is that little thing called "Election 2010". That could be a benefit. :eusa_whistle:

Yep, it will be. 70 Dem Senate. Maybe 30 more Dem Reps. Be a real benefit:razz:

You really think political affiliation will make a difference? It's a dream at best, a nice one, but the Dems haven't done anything to make them stand out as a group anymore than the Reps have. The better future will not be made by partisans, we can see that now, they have done nothing more than argue and point fingers lately, and that will only continue to get worse not better. Next election I see a shift to greener groups just so we can see some real change for a ... well ... change.

It's a bit late for a revolution ...

Too few guns now. No political strength for the people anymore. All we can do now is scream and yell at them.

Well, there is that little thing called "Election 2010". That could be a benefit. :eusa_whistle:

Yep, it will be. 70 Dem Senate. Maybe 30 more Dem Reps. Be a real benefit:razz:

Do you honestly believe Americans are that stupid to vote for more of the same bailout, stimulus packages and subsidies for the well connected political system 4 times in a row? 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010?

To be fair, the faults in our system has existed for atleast a century.

Last edited:

Seriously? You think that will fix anything ... a new face doing the same thing?

What we need to do is let the country fall apart, then rebuild from the ashes. Like a revolution but instead of using force to remind the government of who is in charge, we let the government come begging to us for help.

I think we are coming as close to falling apart without falling completely apart now. There could be a very new kind of politician in the mix this coming election. Remember that obama is as extreme as anyone in our history...could be a benefit.

Yea, 1994 all over again. We threw out 2/3rds of Congress......and got Newt and the "Contract With America" that eventually led to George Bush.

The root cause of all our ails, is no one of character would ever want to enter Politics for a career anymore.

You are incorrect ...
... I call you a Pole Rider ... though I shouldn't because that's actually more of an insult to gay men since most would not be insane enough to go near someone as ignorant as you have proven to be. I did not answer your original post because you made no valid points, and until you do, all I can answer with is humorous insults.

Yes, I'm correct, you insulted me because you couldn't match my argument. I understand.

And as long as you do so, I will return the favor kuntkoder.

You are incorrect ...

Yes, I'm correct, you insulted me because you couldn't match my argument. I understand.

And as long as you do so, I will return the favor kuntkoder.

Just because my response contained an insult doesn't make it less a valid response, I would prefer someone actually learn from such ... well ... clearly "out of whack" posts than pointing out what is wrong with it in my response. Saves space, you must admit, and actually give you the benefit of the doubt, but since you focused instead on a term widely used to refer to you and try to blow that further out of proportion ... you shattered my hope of you understanding where you original error was. So, I will point to one such error: Nudity isn't the issue, the the sexualization of the nudity by so many that has made such minor infractions turn into ... well ... Hannah Montana.

Forum List

Back