When We Thought NO Couldn't Get Any Worse

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
Apparently, a Texas salvage company offered Ray "Chocolate" Nagin $100 a car as is to be allowed to collect all the abandoned cars left in the wake of Katrina. They were going to get all the cars themselves at no cost to the city. The city of New Orleans could have gotten around $5 million. The company also said it would bring its own crushers and work 6 days a week for an estimated 15 weeks (about 3 1/2 months). Nagin turned them down, saying that the city would remove the cars themselves. It's been 9 months. The cars could have been gone 5 months ago. Instead, they're still there and it's going to cost NO $23 million to get rid of them. Coupled with the $5 million they already turned down, that's a net cost of $28 million to the taxpayers. This is the same guy who wants $50 billion to rebuild his chocolate city with no oversight.

Edit: Forgot the link. I know it sounds too wild to be true, but Snopes checked it out.

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/politics/carcrush.asp

I remember when that happened and Nagin looked like a chocolate idiot and yet the chocolate city still reelected him mainly because the white chocolate dufuss running against him was not only related to the white chocolate Governor but just as full of shit. I am so ashamed to have been born in a state so full of white and dark chocolate imbeciles.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
sitarro said:
I remember when that happened and Nagin looked like a chocolate idiot and yet the chocolate city still reelected him mainly because the white chocolate dufuss running against him was not only related to the white chocolate Governor but just as full of shit. I am so ashamed to have been born in a state so full of white and dark chocolate imbeciles.

White chocolate! :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back