When we find Saddam...

evening folks, it may take a lil bit a time but I might get some info on 'MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS' been rumbles about it for some time. will see what can be found out and get back with the dirt.

They use powdered aluminum in fertilizers?

Yes, actually they do in the form of aluminum sulfate. Keep in mind that aluminum is abundant in soil to begin with. More important than what the soil contains are the plants ability to uptake compounds through root hair fibers into the transport stream. This is generally dependent on the PH of the soil, when the soil becomes more acidic ( PH lower than 7.0 ) and especially below 5.0 aluminum uptake is increased, as PH levels become more basic in nature aluminum uptake is greatly decreased and the uptake of core nutritional compounds (Nitrogen, Phosphorus,Potassium) increased.

Originally posted by eric
Yes, actually they do in the form of aluminum sulfate. Keep in mind that aluminum is abundant in soil to begin with. More important than what the soil contains are the plants ability to uptake compounds through root hair fibers into the transport stream. This is generally dependent on the PH of the soil, when the soil becomes more acidic ( PH lower than 7.0 ) and especially below 5.0 aluminum uptake is increased, as PH levels become more basic in nature aluminum uptake is greatly decreased and the uptake of core nutritional compounds (Nitrogen, Phosphorus,Potassium) increased.

Thanks for the info - how interesting. I'm just really glad that foreign terrorist groups seem to know a lot less about fertilizers than the McVeighs!

Originally posted by SLClemens
I guess that by most definitions a chemical weapon is one that relies upon a chemical agent to attack the body, so fuel-air explosives would only be chemical weapons by this definition if they failed to explode. But they do destroy vegetation over large areas that conventional ordinance would not; does this make them biological weapons?[/QOUTE]

Biological weapons involve the use of organisms such as bacteria, or viruses, cancer cells, to harm other organisms. :puke: So no.

question: why do you need/care about these weapons you have?

Forum List

Back