When we die

My wife was talking about her mom the other day and mention that when she dies (her mom) she wants certain soft and silky materials inside the casket to make her comfortable. Does this seem ridiculous to anybody else? I could understand wanting to bury a loved one in a nice casket with a nice arrangement of flowers and whatnot. But wanting it for yourself so you feel comfortable? Okay, first of all, you're dead. You're not going to have the brain functionality to give two shits what you're buried in. And second, did she think that maybe a couple of people might be upset that she died rather than worry about her own damn comfort when she's dead? I can't wrap my head around this. If someone else feels this way, please explain to me why it would be necessary.

It's about honoring your mother in laws wishes.
Not about being logical.

It also looks like a beautiful peaceful place :)

It is, you should have seen it when I started. A field full of dead bushes I had to dig each out with my hands. No rototiller would have reached as far and it would have been a field of weeds.
Before
IMG_0305_edited-1.jpg

After

IMG_1073_1070.jpg

It is, you should have seen it when I started. A field full of dead bushes I had to dig each out with my hands. No rototiller would have reached as far and it would have been a field of weeds.
Before
IMG_0305_edited-1.jpg

After

IMG_1073_1070.jpg

You have done a wonderful job, a lot of effort but what an achievement, gardening is very therapeutic, you can lose yourself for hours.

Before
IMG_0305_edited-1.jpg

After

IMG_1073_1070.jpg

You have done a wonderful job, a lot of effort but what an achievement, gardening is very therapeutic, you can lose yourself for hours.

It is, this has been a very pleasant discussion thank you very much...:)

My wife was talking about her mom the other day and mention that when she dies (her mom) she wants certain soft and silky materials inside the casket to make her comfortable. Does this seem ridiculous to anybody else? I could understand wanting to bury a loved one in a nice casket with a nice arrangement of flowers and whatnot. But wanting it for yourself so you feel comfortable? Okay, first of all, you're dead. You're not going to have the brain functionality to give two shits what you're buried in. And second, did she think that maybe a couple of people might be upset that she died rather than worry about her own damn comfort when she's dead? I can't wrap my head around this. If someone else feels this way, please explain to me why it would be necessary.

Well, I've already decided that when I'm dead, when people want to put flowers on my grave, I want them to bring a bouquet, put one flower on my grave and give the rest to some woman in an old folks home that doesn't get many visitors. That way, after I'm gone, I'll still be making an impact on the world, albeit a small one. I would love it if there were dozens of flowers on my grave, meaning so many happy old ladies that are still alive. Maybe I'll have that carved into my Tombstone. Have to think of a snappy way to say it though...

Before
IMG_0305_edited-1.jpg

After

IMG_1073_1070.jpg

It is, this has been a very pleasant discussion thank you very much...:)

I have the odd moment when I'm pleasant :) lol

Ah- funny story. I knew an old guy who told me about cremating his wife, then going on a cruise so he could toss her remains into the ocean. He said "it never occured to me that the box would float".

I couldn't help myself I just busted out laughing.
Oh so many years ago, when my sister died, we had her cremated and set sail to spread her ashes in the Pacific ocean. So, we are a mile offshore and the boat captain drops the sail and lets the boat drift as my dad opens the box leans over the edge of the sailboat and starts dumping the ashes and small bits of bones into the water. Suddenly a strong gust of wind hits and it blows a bunch of the lighter ash back into the boat. Bits of her ashes are scattered about on the boat, and on people. Two people (one guy and one woman) even have some her ashes end up in their mouth. The guy vomits, right there and then.
It's my sister, and it is a solemn occasion. I almost gave myself a hernia holding back my laughter.

Maybe your sister just wanted a kiss goodbye! :)

Forum List

Back