When was the last time you went to a

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Laundry Mat! :eek:

I have to go today, the dryer is broken, and I can't get a new one at the moment.

I have no idea how much it takes for each machine anymore, I haven't been to one since college!

I have to go today, the dryer is broken, and I can't get a new one at the moment.

I have no idea how much it takes for each machine anymore, I haven't been to one since college!

I think about a buck a machine is about right. Can't say for sure though. Last time I went to one was 9 years ago. My wife did go in May though to wash our comforters (too big to fit in home machine).

your dryer is broken?

51-09040-41.jpg

I was going to go today but having an eye problem so staying home. We no longer have one here in town so have to drive a ways to hit the laundry mat. I have a washer and dryer but the washer is not working right. Nor do we have constant running water. After the sheriff had the propane guy take the propane tank in the winter the pipes from from the well to the house and every pipe in the house froze. So we have about a hundred and fifty feet of broken water line under 6 inches of concrete to repair, need to replace the pump that froze and all new plumbing in the house. With the county making their erroneous property transfers who knows we may not get it fixed if we can't get that straighten out. I have very little faith for a justice system that fully ignores admitted fraud and rules on documents that were admittedly erroneous. May be hitting the laundry mat the rest of my days to wash clothes, bedding and such.

3.50 to 5.00 per machine

I went the beginning of the summer to wash some thermal-backed drapes that were too heavy for our machine. I had to use the bigger machine so it took something like 15 quarters. Not sure about regular machines but I think somewhere around 5 quarters per load?

I like the laundry mat and never minded going when I didn't have a washer. I can get all the wash done, no matter how many loads, in one shot in the least amount of time. Works for me!

I went the beginning of the summer to wash some thermal-backed drapes that were too heavy for our machine. I had to use the bigger machine so it took something like 15 quarters. Not sure about regular machines but I think somewhere around 5 quarters per load?

I like the laundry mat and never minded going when I didn't have a washer. I can get all the wash done, no matter how many loads, in one shot in the least amount of time. Works for me!
Our front loader will do large heavy blankets when it's working.

Our front loader will do large heavy blankets when it's working.

we have a top loader and I'm sure the curtain would break it. It's a thermal-backed patio door sized curtain we put up in the winter to keep the kitchen warmer.

The machine at the laundry I use is front loading. Maybe our next machine . . . .

Had to use a laundromat here when I moved back a couple times. The washer was $2 and the dryer just took quarters to build time. Like seven minutes for every quarter. I couldn't buy a new washer and dryer fast enough. I hate laundromats with a passion.

EEK! I have to google where one is, I don't even know if my town has one!

Sheeze, those machines are expensive where RodISHI lives! :eek:

i live in an apartment building where you cant have a washing machine in your apartment but i just drop my laundry off at the laundromat and have them do my wash for me.

i live in an apartment building where you cant have a washing machine in your apartment but i just drop my laundry off at the laundromat and have them do my wash for me.

How much does that cost for a load, or how do they charge you?

Dryers are probably the most simplest of appliances to repair. I broke down and bought a new one 3 years ago but before that I had a used avocado green dryer. I kept it running for over 20 years. 3 heating elements, 3 belts, a couple of thermistors an idler pulley and some drum rollers.

How much does that cost for a load, or how do they charge you?

they charge per pound, so with tip its usually about $20 a week.

Forum List

Back