When Tuition is INSANELY HIGH, UNAFFORDABLE, why is the conversation...

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
...birth control costs??? The cheapest (meaning least expensive) IL STATE college costs minimum $30K a year! Most schools are well beyond that. Four years equals up tp $120K at the MINIMUM! This is a 2nd first mortgage! Going to college is becoming essential to landing a decent job, but going to college is becoming unaffordable to everyone except the upper middle class or upper class!

Yet people want to talk about the affordable birth control options. First, NO plan covers condoms and condoms are the only form of birth control that prevents STDs. If you are sleeping around in college, or anywhere for that matter, then condoms should be used not the pills (or just the pill). Even if the person a has boyfriend (or girlfriend) in college they should use condoms. You don't know what your partner is doing. Be honest how many of you were loyal to your college (or even highschool), girl or boyfriends? I can honestly say I wasn't loyal to any of them! I guarantee I wasn't the only one! The pill might prevent you from getting knocked up (or knocking someone up), but it won't prevent you from getting AIDS, HERPS etc. Second, what is $9 a month, when tuition costs $3K-$5K a month! Where are the priorities. Maybe this spoiled girl should get, I don't know, a job in college!

This comes from the mindset of a father who has 3 kids and one on the way. The rising cost of college keeps me up most nights!

Obama offerin' help for student loan debt...
:eusa_clap:
Obama Urges Congress to Extend Law on College Loans
April 21, 2012 - U.S. President Barack Obama is urging Congress to extend a law set to expire in July that would prevent interest rates on student loans from doubling.
Obama said in his weekly Internet and radio address Saturday, "In America, higher education cannot be a luxury. It's an economic imperative that every family must be able to afford." The president says making it difficult for young people to afford a college education is nothing more than "cutting our own future off at the knees."

President Obama will take his message of affordable higher education to university campuses in the key electoral states of North Carolina, Iowa, and Colorado this week. While Obama looks for ways to help middle class college students, Republicans used their weekly commentary to attack the president's energy policy and economic agenda.

Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri says the president should be focused on generating jobs, and he should stop blocking a oil pipeline project from Canada, through the United States to the Gulf of Mexico. Blunt said the oil pipeline would create thousands of U.S. jobs and help reduce our demand for foreign oil.

Source & videos

One wonders why the US makes it so difficult for it's citizens to get an education. It's free in Europe.

First of all, nothing is free. Somebody always pays.

Second, you are misinformed university students in most European countries do pay tuition, albeit much less than in the US. The bill is picked up by the taxpayer and costs are kept down by paying Professors a fairly meager salary and not investing too much in facilities and research. The effect of this on the flight of Europe's best and brightest to the US is fairly obvious.

One wonders why the US makes it so difficult for it's citizens to get an education. It's free in Europe.

Second, you are misinformed university students in most European countries do pay tuition, albeit much less than in the US. The bill is picked up by the taxpayer and costs are kept down by paying Professors a fairly meager salary and not investing too much in facilities and research. The effect of this on the flight of Europe's best and brightest to the US is fairly obvious.
Link to the flight of Europe's best and brightest to the US?

...birth control costs??? The cheapest (meaning least expensive) IL STATE college costs minimum $30K a year! Most schools are well beyond that. Four years equals up tp $120K at the MINIMUM! This is a 2nd first mortgage! Going to college is becoming essential to landing a decent job, but going to college is becoming unaffordable to everyone except the upper middle class or upper class!

Yet people want to talk about the affordable birth control options. First, NO plan covers condoms and condoms are the only form of birth control that prevents STDs. If you are sleeping around in college, or anywhere for that matter, then condoms should be used not the pills (or just the pill). Even if the person a has boyfriend (or girlfriend) in college they should use condoms. You don't know what your partner is doing. Be honest how many of you were loyal to your college (or even highschool), girl or boyfriends? I can honestly say I wasn't loyal to any of them! I guarantee I wasn't the only one! The pill might prevent you from getting knocked up (or knocking someone up), but it won't prevent you from getting AIDS, HERPS etc. Second, what is $9 a month, when tuition costs $3K-$5K a month! Where are the priorities. Maybe this spoiled girl should get, I don't know, a job in college!

This comes from the mindset of a father who has 3 kids and one on the way. The rising cost of college keeps me up most nights!

The cheapest form of Birth Control/ STD prevention that I know of is keep your pecker in your pants and your legs closed you will not you want need to buy man made birth control devices, it's actually free.

Look at how many European academics and researchers go to US universities and how many US researchers and academics go in the other direction.

.... Be honest how many of you were loyal to your college (or even highschool), girl or boyfriends? I can honestly say I wasn't loyal to any of them! !

Speaks to your character, doesn't it?

The European brain drain | vox - Research-based policy analysis and commentary from leading economists

European Brain Drain: What Do the American Statistics Tell Us?

The cheapest form of Birth Control/ STD prevention that I know of is keep your pecker in your pants and your legs closed you will not you want need to buy man made birth control devices, it's actually free.

LOL. And has never been done. What is the rate of teen pregnancies in your state?

Not at all surprising that the same people that advocate a health care system that pays twice as much for inferior results also believe that making higher education unafffordable to a high percentage of American citizens is also a good thing.

LOL. And has never been done. What is the rate of teen pregnancies in your state?
Stop bitching about the cost of birth control. You play you must pay.

...birth control costs???

i think we'd love the discussion to be about college. i'd particularly love the discussion to be about the destructive policies that are leading to the high cost of college, the cutting of pell grants and the fact that student loans have dried up and college is more and more becoming something that is only for the wealthy.

perhaps if the right stopped trying to force women back into the 1950's by interfering with rights we thought were already settled, we could move on to discussion about college,

Forum List

Back