When trying to kill Medicare isn't enough...

Wonky Pundit

USMB's Silent Snowden
Apr 30, 2011
Quisitive
Get rid of food inspectors and nutrition programs! :rolleyes:

Trying to keep the purse strings tied up tightly is the name of the game for House GOP leaders today as the House of Representatives debates an agriculture appropriations bill that would cut funding for nutrition programs and food safety.
The bill would also fund FDA's food safety budget at $87 million below last year's levels, just as the agency prepares to implement a slew of new regulations to deal with things like E. coli outbreaks.

The House spending bill would also cut about $35 million from USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service.

It would also zero out an Obama pet project to fight obesity, the Healthy Food Financing Initiative.
Source

Where is your thread on the 500 Billion cut in Medicare found in Obamacare?

So you don't mind chowing down on e. coli burgers?

Are you suggesting that the federal governmental agencies haven't become bloated unnecessary bureaucracies, and that they shouldn't be scaled back?

And here is a question. Do you think that companies that sell food want to be sued by selling tainted food, or do you think that it is in their best interest to keep their food edible?

Think hard now.... I know that common sense escapes most liberals.

Dems 2008: These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2011: These two entities — Social Security and Medicare — are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Are you suggesting that the federal governmental agencies haven't become bloated unnecessary bureaucracies, and that they shouldn't be scaled back?
And just how much of the budget do the FDA and USDA consume?

PostTurtle said:
And here is a question. Do you think that companies that sell food want to be sued by selling tainted food, or do you think that it is in their best interest to keep their food edible?
It depends. If the bean counters tell management that it's cheaper to deal with a handful of wrongful death lawsuits than it is to deliver safe food, what do you think will happen?

PostTurtle said:
It depends. If the bean counters tell management that it's cheaper to deal with a handful of wrongful death lawsuits than it is to deliver safe food, what do you think will happen?

It's your thread. You should know the budgets of the agencies prior to posting your outrage about their budgets, correct?

To the second part, I think you get my point. I don't feel like I need to clarify further, since you seem to be making a feeble attempt (at best) to hold on to a talking point that is weak. It is in a company's best interest to keep the food sanitary.

PostTurtle said:

It's your thread. You should know the budgets of the agencies prior to posting your outrage about their budgets, correct?

To the second part, I think you get my point. I don't feel like I need to clarify further, since you seem to be making a feeble attempt (at best) to hold on to a talking point that is weak. It is in a company's best interest to keep the food sanitary.

Well, Prov, I hope that it is your next of kin that does the collecting.

I found it interesting the Herman Cain agreed that the federal government should be doing food safety in the debate last night. Too bad they didn't get the rest of them on record.

Think hard now.... I know that common sense escapes most liberals.

So you won't mind it if it's your family being the FIRST to find the dirty food? You could sue.

Forum List

Back