When they say "Christianity condemns homosexuality" which denomination do they mean?

So if a Christian says homosexuality's a sin, but another Christian says it isn't, who's right?

A true Christian will know. If you are not a Christian, it does not matter.
It's a pointless conversation.
You and other self professed Christians can't stop hating each other either, must be a Christian only thing they could understand..Yet I was a raised a baptist and have read the bible many times..I understand yet your avoidance doesn't allow me to think you even have an idea...

Oh, are we ready for serious conversation now?
Please ask me a serious pointed question, and I will answer in detail.
I don't hate anyone. I don't even come across that way. Preachy? Maybe... hateful... no....
Did you forget about your Catholics are not Christians thread?

I said they are not representative of Christianity as it should be (practiced). Different.

Jesus was a jew not a christian. So you are not practicing the faith as Jesus taught it. You are following ideas promoted by others that hijacked the teachings of Jesus for their own ego and power, years even centuries after his death.

You and other self professed Christians can't stop hating each other either, must be a Christian only thing they could understand..Yet I was a raised a baptist and have read the bible many times..I understand yet your avoidance doesn't allow me to think you even have an idea...

I don't hate anyone. I don't even come across that way. Preachy? Maybe... hateful... no....

I said they are not representative of Christianity as it should be (practiced). Different.

Jesus was a jew not a christian. So you are not practicing the faith as Jesus taught it. You are following ideas promoted by others that hijacked the teachings of Jesus for their own ego and power, years even centuries after his death.

Jesus was a Jew by "birth" - God has no "religion" .. He's GOD!
Christianity is the belief that Jesus is God, so, you worship Jesus.
It's all Biblical.

Even protestants are from catholic beginnings and the reformation was not about starting new sects because of a worship challenge, it was over papal abuse of it's position of dominance in censorship and they whey priest acted...

that's all well an good, but does not change the fact that the Catholic church focuses more on man made rules and rituals, then loving and pleasing God. With a focus on God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Biblically, Christianity is merely confessing Christ as your Lord and Savior, and following Him.
If you have a heart for God and choose to live for him, acknowledging Jesus as payment for your sins, you are a Christian.

As a Christian, you turn from sin, and, as a Christian you inherently know what sin is, and, what is sinful.

It's only a mystery to the un-saved.

But hate and percussion of others is also a sin, no? Did Jesus hate those who were seen as unclean or evil? Did he promote violence against others? Presumably he did not even blame those who were crucifying him.
I doubt such a person would condemn homosexuals as sinful. They are just people who fell in love.

Girl you just don't let go of the fact that just because you believe someone else is sinning (whether it be homosexuality, sex outside of marriage, cursing and using the Lord's name in vain, etc.) does NOT mean you hate them!

Jesus would tell people if they were sinning and tell them not to do it anymore. Do you consider that hateful?

Why persecute to curse others you see as 'sinful'? Telling someone not to commit a crime is not the same as condemning them to jail for their thoughts or desires. Since you believe in a god, it should not be for your to judge others but only for god to decide if something is sinful and if so what to do about it.

You are not a replacement for god, or do you actually believe you are "the" god?

Causing pain or denying others the rights to happiness, love and life you believe are your right is not love or tolerance. When you treat them as different or unequal, in the name of god, that is the sin. It goes against the supposed teachings of your faith. Live and let live. Homosexuals are not harming you. They are not doing anything that is not consensual. Jesus was not a bigot, so why are you? Even condemning a sin does not mean you are a right to condemn the sinner, especially without genuinely trying to understand them.

Many of the so called sins of the OT are not observed as sins today. Not because Jesus said so but because men of the so called faith tell you so.
Hate and violence are the most sinful things but that is what you promote by your belief and behavior towards those not of the same mind (empty mind) as you.
Even if you are not the one taking the physical action, your words promote others to.

You are still harming others

when you say "you" - who exactly are you referring to? There is a lot in your post, and, it's certainly not representative of what I believe or any group in general.....

I think you are being emotional about this and making blanket statements that are just not true.

Biblically, Christianity is merely confessing Christ as your Lord and Savior, and following Him.
If you have a heart for God and choose to live for him, acknowledging Jesus as payment for your sins, you are a Christian.

As a Christian, you turn from sin, and, as a Christian you inherently know what sin is, and, what is sinful.

saved unsaved all idiotic meaningless made up words from the thumpers who have no ideas

If you believe in Jesus and salvation, then, by logical deduction, there are those that are saved and unsaved.
If you don't believe it is irrelevant.

So if a Christian says homosexuality's a sin, but another Christian says it isn't, who's right?

Coulda just been honest and said, "I dunno." :)

A true Christian knows homosexuality is a sin.
Entertaining homosexual feelings is also a sin.
If you have homosexual feelings, as a Christian, you should make an effort to not focus on them, and distract yourself with other more Godly pursuits. Your #1 passion in life should be for God and to please him.
Not yourself.

NOTE! If you have HETEROSEXUAL feelings for a MARRIED PERSON! This is also a sin!
Also, having HETEROSEXUAL feelings and entertaining them when you are NOT MARRIED!

God created women to be with man, so, a marriage between a man and woman is permitted
A marriage between a man and a man and a woman and a woman is a sin and an abomination to God.

There is a difference between being attracted to someone and (1) entertaining sexual thoughts (controllable) and (2) actually having sex with them (also controllable)

If someone claims to be a Christian, and, practices homosexuality (or, is having sex outside of marriage - homosexual or heterosexual) and says "God approves" - they have been taught incorrect doctrine and/or are fooling themselves and trying to rationalize their sinful behavior.

MANY PEOPLE do this! I'm NOT SAYING THEY ARE NOT SAVED!

They are just deceived.

Only God can say for sure who is saved and who is not - I can't see into a person's heart.

Coulda just been honest and said, "I dunno." :)

A true Christian knows homosexuality is a sin.
Entertaining homosexual feelings is also a sin.
If you have homosexual feelings, as a Christian, you should make an effort to not focus on them, and distract yourself with other more Godly pursuits. Your #1 passion in life should be for God and to please him.
Not yourself.

NOTE! If you have HETEROSEXUAL feelings for a MARRIED PERSON! This is also a sin!
Also, having HETEROSEXUAL feelings and entertaining them when you are NOT MARRIED!

God created women to be with man, so, a marriage between a man and woman is permitted
A marriage between a man and a man and a woman and a woman is a sin and an abomination to God.

There is a difference between being attracted to someone and (1) entertaining sexual thoughts (controllable) and (2) actually having sex with them (also controllable)

If someone claims to be a Christian, and, practices homosexuality (or, is having sex outside of marriage - homosexual or heterosexual) and says "God approves" - they have been taught incorrect doctrine and/or are fooling themselves and trying to rationalize their sinful behavior.

MANY PEOPLE do this! I'm NOT SAYING THEY ARE NOT SAVED!

They are just deceived.

Only God can say for sure who is saved and who is not - I can't see into a person's heart.

Marriage back then was slavery. Now people are not 'mated' for forced into marriage.
Jesus in the gospels taught to love and not judge others.
If you commit any sin, it is not for you to tell other they are sinners.
If you go by strict interpretation of the bible everyone has some sin.
Love is not a sin if it is returned.

If god can forgive the 'prophets' for their sins, he can forgive anyone and everyone.

It is one thing to have a set of rules or standards to live by but there are always exceptions, extenuating circumstances.

What harm are gays doing to want to be together? For get the crap about sin. Who is really being harmed by their love?
Are you personally being harmed? How far away from you do the couple need to be to avoid harming you?
Why is marriage harming anyone?
Why does a god make some born as homosexuals and no others? How are they supposed to overcome their lake of physical attraction for the opposite sex?
Could you make love to a lioness, a warthog sow or a bitch if god told you to? Could you make love to other man if god commanded?
Why is it expected for a homosexual to make love to a women that he seen as being of the same sex that he has no physical attraction to?
It is one thing to be great friends but he is not not turned on to women. Why does a god want to make them miserable and incompatible for the sake of 'marriage'?

Marriage is a matter of state union, not a religious issue. The legal benefits of marriage in our society are not issues for the church. Visiting rights, medical decisions, adoption, insurance, buying homes or getting loans, getting work benefits, shared banking,.........

Religion really has no place in the decision. The courts have ruled it is legal. Why do you want to oppose the law in the name of some religion. Most christian do not have a problem with gays getting married. There are enough children and people in the world so procreation is not the issue. Gay can adopt, they can love and raise a child. Not all married couples procreate. Some re unable to have children, some choose not to.

Who are they physically harming by their love. What is the harm that you are so bothered by their desire to have a commitment and legal bond to each other?

Forget the bible, where is the harm to you personally that you so object?

If it is a sin, it is their sin and not your business. God will decide if they are good people or bad by the totality of their life, not by one act.

Where is the harm to society? They are just people who believe they have found their soul mate.

There is no "Christianity denomination." Christianity's many thousands of denominations each generally having hteir own edited version of the Bible. But not every denomination condemns homosexuality, gay marriage, etc. Some have no problem with it. So who does have a problem with it, which denominations, which versions of the Bible?

They are referring to some cultural norms that Paul advocated, since of course Jesus never was quoted on the subject--sticking instead to broader theses like loving one's enemies... stuff that most present-day "Christians" have no use for.

Forum List

Back