When the GWB admin. takes Veterans issues seriously

The response that you gave was moving.I would never dissagree that returning Veterans where treated like garbage.They were
truly Honorable for having served..They deserved then and still do now our gratitude and respect.I don't believe that I could put into words the full extent of the true debt this country owes them.

The protesters that spit at and cursed veterans were a discrace to this country.I do have words that would describe them,unfotunately they are all cuss words.

To answer your question about my service,no I did not get sent to Viet Nam.My enlistment was during the war,so when you spoke of the pain and angush that the vets felt,I can only try to understand.I'm not Bill Clinton,I could never feel thier pain.All I can do is know that it's there.You described the results of the price they paid for thier service very well.It's a price too many
Americans have had to pay.

I can't speak for anyone other than myself and can only convey my own personal experiences.One thing I do know is that whenever I've been with Vets discussing the Viet Nam War you would be hard pressed to find any real agreement ,either for or against it.Being the true Americans that they are they tend[like you and I]to dissagree.

John Kerry served in that war.He like others came home,probably to the same type of reception as all the other
vets.Do you think in protest he cursed or spit at those men.I think it would be a reasonable assumption that he did not.He protested ,contrary to some opinions ,when in dissagreement
with a government policy ,I think that's a very American thing to do_Our founding fathers thought it so important they guaranteed our right to do it in the Constitution.

Thank you for your response,I do respect your opinion,however I don't believe John Kerrys protesting the Viet Nam War will significantly effect his being elected to the presidency.

P.S. He definitaly kicked butt here in Tn. yesterday.

The war protesters were a bunch of idiotic children, taught by professors that fighting communist insurgencies is not important. Clueless then, as now.

Do you think in protest he cursed or spit at those men.I think it would be a reasonable assumption that he did not.He protested ,contrary to some opinions ,when in dissagreement

Well, he may or may not have spit at those men. I honestly believe he could have/did. However, what he did do was a bit worse... going as far as calling our men murderers and rapists. He testified to Congress that U.S. soldiers had "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam." He actually tried to negotiate a contract between the Viet Cong and America where the agreemnet was for the Viet Cong to hold all U.S. POW/MIA until America pulled out of the territory. Once America completely withdrew, then negotiations would commence to bring them home.

Does that sound like someone you want leading you? Do you trust this type of person to "have your back".

He definitaly kicked butt here in Tn. yesterday.

Well of course he did. Look at the choice. Its like picking the prettiest turd out of the toilet. While some might be more attractive than others, shit is still shit.

Well of course he did. Look at the choice. Its like picking the prettiest turd out of the toilet. While some might be more attractive than others, shit is still shit.

well put lil...:clap: :clap:

Originally posted by lilcountriegal

Kerry is a botox filled turd.

The lady gave what started out to be a conciences opinion and argument.

I think it's interesting that the only affirmation or applause she got was for the part that contained profanity.

You peolple can do better than that.

Originally posted by Meat & Potatoes
The lady gave what started out to be a conciences opinion and argument.

I think it's interesting that the only affirmation or applause she got was for the part that contained profanity.

You peolple can do better than that.

what are you suppose to do with a joke???? as in kerry...you laugh yer ass off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by eric
Well, the Vets that I employ don't share you sentiments at all !

ERIC, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.YOU DIDN'T SAY IF YOU ARE A VETERAN OR NOT.IN ANY CASE I BELIEVE WHAT YOU SAID.

I KNOW YOU MUST HAVE SEEN KERRY'S POLITICAL SPOTS ON THE TUBE.THERE ARE VETERANS THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO.

YOU DIDN'T SAY IF YOU ARE A VETERAN OR NOT

No I personally am not.

My personal feeling is that you would most likely find Vets on both sides of the fence. I think you summed it up very well with :

Being the true Americans that they are they tend[like you and I]to dissagree.

I too have the greatest respect and admiration for our veterans, just look at many of my posts and you will agree. I think it is an absolute disgrace how we treated our Vietnam Vets, and I am at odds with my party many times over Vet benefits.

Now that said, as you yourself said they are Americans, therefore they and are not above criticism either, their opinions carry the same weight as all other citizens.

Kerry neither be judged by nor use his service record for political purposes. Just my opinion !

I apologize if you are offended by my language. However, "shit" isnt the strongest obsenity I can think of to describe Kerry (and the whole Democratic ticket, if I might add).

I have absolutely no respect for a man who goes to War and fights alongside fellow soldiers through the most controversial war in America, comes home and slams the country he swore to defend, call the soldiers he fought alongside, and fought alongside him, "rapists" and "murderers" amongst other choice names, take up cause for the enemy that he himself shot and killed during that war, become pro-communism and then turn around and have the gall to question the military service of the current CIC.

While Bush may not have seen combat in Vietnam, at least he has respect for those who served there. Something that Kerry obviously lacks.

Kerry is a new age democrat..he talks out of both sides of his mouth...problem is he soon forgets what he said and says something in conflict with prevous statements....G.W. is going to rip up kerry....and he deserves at.... if kerry is the best that the democrats can muster, to bad he is a sinker...not a floater:D

Forum List

Back