When the GWB admin. takes Veterans issues seriously

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Then maybe I will take the GWB Admin. more favorably.

Even the active duty troops right now are so pissed that he can't possibly count on military support in 2004. The reservists are beside themselves with anger. Us old vets ain't impressed either. I guess that leaves the rest of the uninterested and uninformed to create support for this most irresponsible and blame-gaming bunch to count on, don't you think?

The GWB Admin. has done nothing for Veterans, even taken from them and deny them in many ways. Heck, they even tried to cut out hazardous duty pay in areas that certainly, even today, qualify as "hazardous duty". They obviously don't give a damn about Vets or their present day pawns that they present as "soldiers", or do they? That's an honest question!!!!!!!!

I take all of this personally and I think the only reason one might not take it personally is that they have shallow or no understanding or appreciation for the dilemmas and the duties of our troops.

Sorry to rant on you, I just think our country can do better for those that give so much for "OUR" country. I guess I'll hear a few howls of disagreement here, but I really want to hear them.

2. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Psycho, my twin bro is set to retire from the military this june with 29 plus years in..... from what he tells me...the only times that the military has gotten treated right.was when the REpublicans hold the white house....you could be right about the reserves not being happy....they knew that there was a chance that something like this would happen. No one MADE them re-up.They did it for the MONEY, they did it for THE BENNIES.... Why should Uncle sam not expect them to honor their commitment??? hazard pay??? while overseas...in combat area NO ONE PAYS TAXES........NONE ZERO...any idea how much that is??? The only thing that I hear the actives grip about is why we waited so long to take the shitbag out... The 6 month wait at Vets hosp is now under 30 days and dropping fast...the boys also just got a raise around 7% I think..... G.W HAS the military vote!!!! dont kid yourself....what have any of the Democratic hopefuls done for the military????

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Don't make me laugh, jon!!!!!!!!! You present an argument based on a faulty belief system and nothing based on fact. Just read some Army Times, or Air Force Times, or Stars and Stripes, or VFW magazine or Sergeant magazine or even your current newspaper. I stand by what I say. Our Vets and our Soldiers are not behind the policies of the GWB Admin. one tiny bit. In fact, from what I read, they're pretty damn sick of it.

4. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    when I have a choice between what someone I dont know personally says, someone writes or the words of my bro who is still in the military I will go with my bro everytime....there is nothing faulty about my beliefs .....back up what you state psycho....all I have is my opinion and what I have gathered from HUMINT....post away...links please...facts, figuresand dates would be nice

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    That's very odd, Psycho. You claim Jon posted nothing based on fact, then you go on to reveal that your sources are magazines and newspapers. You haven't posted anything factual at all either.

Jon based his on reality and you based yours on a strangers writing. I'll have to agree with Jon, post your facts and figures and then you can talk. Until then, please don't make US laugh.

6. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Did you look at the magazines psycho mentions? They are all magazines, written by and for active military and/or veterans. I also have two friends in the military, neither are in Iraq thank goodness, and two uncles who served, one in the Navy, the other in the Air Force. My two friends, both of whom are Republicans and voted for Bush in 2000, are strongly considering crossing party lines if Kerry is the Democratic nominee because they think Bush doesn't understand military issues and veterans' issues. My Air Force uncle is a rock-ribbed Republican and would never vote for a Democrat, the Navy one, however, is extremely displeased with Bush's veterans policies. I do not think Bush should put the military vote in his bank account. Kerry, being a veteran, would have a lot of pull for our soldiers, if he gets the nomination.

acludem

7. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The problems that the Vets speak of did not happen overnite and as much as alot would like to think,, you dont just snap your fingers and fix something that has been broke for along time...Did I make this point clear enough???Its not a political problem so much as a governmental problem

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I don't doubt the validity of the magazines/newspapers. I just don't think they speak for everyone in the military or veterans. If their is a poll for the millions that those medias reach, then we'll have something, but articles don't tell the whole story.

I get Maxim magazine. If they write articles that are Anti-Bush, does that mean that all of their audience feels that way?

I also get a monthly newsletter from the town I live in and it forever covers political issues. Does this newsletter speak for the entire town?

These are no different than other media outlets, they are there to sell a story.

What if sports illustrated releases a statement vowing to back Bush, does this mean all sports enthusiasts will follow suit?

I can produce articles showing current military and veterans in support of Bush. What does this mean? That they ALL support Bush?

I wouldn't put the vote in a bank account just yet either, but I also wouldn't dismiss the vote as psycho has. Nor would I present my data as fact and laugh at another users opinion.

9. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'm just gonna toss my opinion in here on this issue... I wouldnt bank on the majority of the veterans voting for Kerry strictly because of his military service versus the record of Bush.

The republicans have yet to begin the actual campaign... the Democrats are currently running Bush's service record through the mud. When the Republicans begin, you can damn well bet that the issue of Kerry's attitude toward veterans when he came back from Vietnam is going to be thrown into the ring. That, alone, is enough to piss off at least half the military force.

One thing that all military servicemen are is proud... getting stabbed in the back from one of their own wont sit well.

10. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    jon, I will agree with you 100% here! I have a couple of friends that one is still in the Army, one who retired! both have sided with Bush. Unfortanately, I just found out that the one still active has been sent to Iraq, but funny, he's happy about going. He loves his job, and has been doing it for over 20 years too! This coming from mouth instead of things that we read, I too would take more so. You can have an interview with someone and have it all turned around by who took that interview.