When The Cop Becomes The Killer.

From what I read, a murder suspect was in the house. In the process of apprehending the suspect, a gun was fired and hit the 7 year old. She was sleeping so I would guess it was an accidental discharge.

Horrible horrible situation. Maybe the person that fired the shot should not be a cop if he can't control his weapon, but this is hardly anything more than an accident, from what I have read.

Are you practicing for a job on the National Enquirer? Because that is one of the most misleading thread titles I've seen on this forum. It is pathetic.

So you think every time the cop kills some one its accidental.

From what I read, a murder suspect was in the house. In the process of apprehending the suspect, a gun was fired and hit the 7 year old. She was sleeping so I would guess it was an accidental discharge.

Horrible horrible situation. Maybe the person that fired the shot should not be a cop if he can't control his weapon, but this is hardly anything more than an accident, from what I have read.

An "accident" that results in the cop losing his job and spending some time in jail to think over. I would much rather call this an incident of negligence rather than an accident.

Not at all. The vast majority of the time they kill someone it is intentional and warranted.

This was an accident from what I read.

Not sure why you think a cop would want to kill a 7 year old. This will haunt him the remainder of his life.

I posted this story yesterday under the law and order section. It is a terrible tragedy but I'm reserving judgment on the police officer til we know the facts. I wish obie wan would do the same.

Not at all. The vast majority of the time they kill someone it is intentional and warranted.

Not sure why you think a cop would want to kill a 7 year old. This will haunt him the remainder of his life.

And how would his gun just go off?

You've never heard of a gun going off by accident before? It happens, and it's not that uncommon. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but until there is some kind of proof one way or the other, why would you jump to conclusions. Oh, I get it, innocent until proven guilty applies as long as you're not a police officer or anyone else in law enforcement.

Rick

Things can happen.. whether it be a mistake in judgment, panic, misuse of the firearm, a lack of clarity in the situation... who knows... but we do not have the full details at this point of everything that happened... this is a tragedy, but IMHO I doubt this was a 'murder'... the odds are this this was indeed some sort of horrible accident

You've never heard of a gun going off by accident before? It happens, and it's not that uncommon. I'm not saying that's what happened here, but until there is some kind of proof one way or the other, why would you jump to conclusions. Oh, I get it, innocent until proven guilty applies as long as you're not a police officer or anyone else in law enforcement.

Rick

No America new standard for all is Guilty until proven innocent.

Things can happen.. whether it be a mistake in judgment, panic, misuse of the firearm, a lack of clarity in the situation... who knows... but we do not have the full details at this point of everything that happened... this is a tragedy, but IMHO I doubt this was a 'murder'... the odds are this this was indeed some sort of horrible accident

And all your explanations was he pulled the trigger.

The reports are that there was physical contact with a woman. If that was an altercation of some sort, the gun could have discharged. I know you will not believe that, but I guarantee you would ducking for cover if there was a physical altercation 15 feet away from you with a loaded gun.

My suggestion for a more enjoyable life would be to stop being a hypocritical, assuming and judgemental liberal and wait for details before getting your soiled undies in a bunch.

Last edited:
From the article: Assistant Chief Ralph Godbee says the officer's gun went off after he encountered a 46-year-old woman inside the front room of the house and "some level of physical contact" ensued.

Without prejudging the incident... because there is not enough information to form a valid opinion.... it would appear that the gun went off during a struggle. IF that is the case, then the 46 year old woman is responsible for the kid being shot, not the cop. Had there been no 'physical contact', the gun wouldn't have gone off and the child would not have been shot.

No, troll

I did not give explanations... to give an explanation I would have to have the knowledge of all the facts on the issue... this we do not have

Again.... the odds are that this was indeed some sort of horrific accident... and accidents do happen for many reasons.... this cop, most likely, is not a 'killer' in the way that you are trying to portray it (for whatever reason you're taking this stupid approach)

No, troll

I did not give explanations... to give an explanation I would have to have the knowledge of all the facts on the issue... this we do not have

Again.... the odds are that this was indeed some sort of horrific accident... and accidents do happen for many reasons.... this cop, most likely, is not a 'killer' in the way that you are trying to portray it (for whatever reason you're taking this stupid approach)

That thread title is one that even the Nat Enq would turn down. Sensationalist bullshit with absolutely no substance.... if it wasn't from froggy, I'd have been shocked.

No, troll

That thread title is one that even the Nat Enq would turn down. Sensationalist bullshit with absolutely no substance.... if it wasn't from froggy, I'd have been shocked.

Your welcome

Of course they did... and we will have to see what comes up as the facts are put forward in the cases... evidently, as listening to a news broadcast this morning, there may be video tape (with audio) thanks to A&E programing, which was there obtaining footage of the incident

Forum List

Back