When schools have to be the parents

As many of the USMB teachers are in this thread, I have a question for you: If you need to contact a parent for grades, behavior, whatever reason, and the kid's parents are divorced, do you only inform the parent who has custody or do you contact both parents?
\

Assuming we KNOW which parent has custody, you mean?

In theory, I suppose that information ought to be easily discoverable by checking the kids records.

In practice, I expect most teachers just ask the kid what their parents phone number is.

As many of the USMB teachers are in this thread, I have a question for you: If you need to contact a parent for grades, behavior, whatever reason, and the kid's parents are divorced, do you only inform the parent who has custody or do you contact both parents?

That actually is up to the parents. Usually there's info to send all information to both parents, but the parents need to set that up. On the other hand, if one parent presents 'legal papers' that shows sole custody and something that restricts access to other parent, at least in private school only 'public papers' would be sent to non-custodial. Not report cards, etc.

Forum List

Back