When Sarah disagrees with John

xaxeptance449

Xaxe449
Oct 20, 2008
Palin and her behavior have become a part of the crucial pre-mortem. For those hoping to affect the next generation of conservative thinking. McCain could still win. But as his fortunes appear to dim, those with the first explanations for his failure stand the best chance of shaping the post-McCain party.

With so many permutations and mixed motivations, the Palin saga is starting to feel like a Restoration play. What does Sarah actually think? Who knows? Unlike previous vice-presidential candidates and most other politically ambitious people, she doesn't have a political hack who has been at her side for years, protecting her political portfolio and spinning the press to preserve her reputation. If she really wants to have a national political future, now may be the time for her to go out and get herself one.

This spin, the Palin-as-a-lone-wolf story, had the advantage of allowing McCain himself to remain above the fray while his campaign reaped the benefits of Palin's attacks. But if Palin-as-rogue was the strategy, and there's some evidence it was,it was a failure.

Palin pressed to have the campaign compete for Michigan voters when strategists had given up on the state. She disagreed with McCain's opposition to a marriage amendment. She disagreed with McCain's opposition to removing North Korea from the list of terrorist nations. She thinks the campaign should talk about Barack Obama's ties to his former pastor Jeremiah Wright.A vice presidential candidate's job is to agree with the candidate at the top of the ticket. The only exception is when campaign strategists carefully orchestrate a schism and we know when these moments are coming because everyone in the press is invited to watch.

Palin's disagreements don't appear to be a part of a larger strategy. So, political insiders have started asking whether Palin is simply undisciplined or is intentionally ignoring the playbook. And if it's intentional, the question becomes: Is she putting her own political self-interest ahead of her running mate's? Sunday, Palin appeared to call another audible. While McCain was defending his campaign's robocalls attacking Barack Obama, Palin was knocking them. She said they were irritating voters and represented the old conventional ways of campaigning. Palin appeared to be joining with Sen. Susan Collins of Maine and other Republicans who oppose the tactic. Plus, she used the word conventional to describe the McCain tactics. That's a word Obama uses to attack.

Several Republican veterans thought she was trying to distance herself from campaign strategy, which has been roundly criticized in GOP circles, to maintain her political viability for the future. I agree with those tha tsay she is just off message.

You want to neg rep me for no reason. Well, here's one for you.
LMAO so it is about me and not about the election? Ok I have no problem with that type of behavior. In fact I expect it. It's the way of the neocon. Ultimately though I will still help to elect the next President of the US and you won't.

LMAO so it is about me and not about the election? Ok I have no problem with that type of behavior. In fact I expect it. It's the way of the neocon. Ultimately though I will still help to elect the next President of the US and you won't.

Never judge a book by its cover. ~origin unknown

Never judge a book by its cover. ~origin unknown

More definitive proof of the emptiness of the neocon thought process? Are you capable of discussion without someone else's words? If you want a battle of quotes I can easily oblige in multiple languages if need be.

More definitive proof of the emptiness of the neocon thought process? Are you capable of discussion without someone else's words? If you want a battle of quotes I can easily oblige in multiple languages if need be.

Did you invent neocon or did you borrow that for msomeone else ? You're throwing it around here a lot without even knowing who people are or how they think.

Did you invent neocon or did you borrow that for msomeone else ? You're throwing it around here a lot without even knowing who people are or how they think.

Oh forgive me. I didn't know I had to have your opinion I sort of thought I could have one of my own.

"We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty and sincerity and dignity." ―Palin, in her speech at the Republican Convention, quoting the fascist right-wing columnist Westbrook Pegler, an avowed racist and anti-Semite who once lamented that Franklin Roosevelt's would-be assassin hit the wrong man and also expressed his hope that Robert F. Kennedy would be gunned down

Oh forgive me. I didn't know I had to have your opinion I sort of thought I could have one of my own.

"We grow good people in our small towns, with honesty and sincerity and dignity." ―Palin, in her speech at the Republican Convention, quoting the fascist right-wing columnist Westbrook Pegler, an avowed racist and anti-Semite who once lamented that Franklin Roosevelt's would-be assassin hit the wrong man and also expressed his hope that Robert F. Kennedy would be gunned down

Have yourself a time--call everyone a neocon.

Forum List

Back