When Santorum tanks, who will the GOP turn to?

Eventually, the GOP will pick the Republican standard bearer.

Is there ANY chance that I will fail to support that candidate over President Obama?

laughter.gif

Why do you have TO FORCE everyone to join your union?

because human nature, being what it is, if you can get something and give nothing in return, you will. I'm sure there are a lot of guy who would taket he union wage and not give anything back of they could.

If it is so great how come you need THE LAW to force all workers to join the union in your state?

See above.

And how come ALL of your campaign contributions from the union goes to Democrats ONLY?

Because the GOP has lost touch with working folks. Back in my dad's day, both parties solicited good relations with the unions. My dad was a union Republican and one of the last guys to stick up for Nixon (who, by the way, was worth Ten Romneys).

Unions are thug mob rule. I trust the mafia more than I would a labor union.

I would trust the Mafia before I'd trust a banker or a capitalist.

Why do you have TO FORCE everyone to join your union?

because human nature, being what it is, if you can get something and give nothing in return, you will. I'm sure there are a lot of guy who would taket he union wage and not give anything back of they could.

If it is so great how come you need THE LAW to force all workers to join the union in your state?

See above.

And how come ALL of your campaign contributions from the union goes to Democrats ONLY?

Because the GOP has lost touch with working folks. Back in my dad's day, both parties solicited good relations with the unions. My dad was a union Republican and one of the last guys to stick up for Nixon (who, by the way, was worth Ten Romneys).

Unions are thug mob rule. I trust the mafia more than I would a labor union.

I would trust the Mafia before I'd trust a banker or a capitalist.

Your Dad lived in the era where the union was to be respected.
In those times the older workers didn't shit on the younger ones and stiff them with exorbitant benefits and retirement sticking it to the next generation of workers. In those days seniority mandates were not as stiff as they have been for the last 20 years. At Boeing and most union companies the companies can NOT train enough skilled workers because the average skilled worker they now have is over 55 years old. In today's union work place there are more age 55-64 workers than age 18-55.
IOW, union workers have fucked the next generation of union workers. As a result of that union membership dropped another 600,000 in 2010 alone.
Now government workers account for half of all union workers in America.
Fact is union shop companies can not compete in most world trade. Their workers are just as or more skilled as any in the world but they do not have the ability to change and adapt in a fast moving world wide economy.
Automation saves money and takes the jobs from union workers.
Independent younger educated workers that understand technology have no interest in unions. Why would they want to belong to any organization that quashes independence and pays them the same wage as the unproductive?

Looks more and more like a brokered GOP convention.

If Santorum had scores a win in Michigan I'd agree with you as it would have let him crack the race wide open on Super Tuesday. Now the remaining three "Not Mitt" candidates are back in the same sad boat. No money and no momentum.

Of course, anything can happen but if Romney carries most of the Super Tuesday states folks will be pushing for Newt and Rick to pack it in.

As for the OP, with Santorum facing collapse, Newt actually having collapsed, and Paul poisonous to the rest of the GOP, there's no one to turn to. It's Mitt or bust. Next up will come the great debate about who the running mate will be.

My bet is Rubio. That'll be a formidable ticket.

Looks more and more like a brokered GOP convention.

If Santorum had scores a win in Michigan I'd agree with you as it would have let him crack the race wide open on Super Tuesday. Now the remaining three "Not Mitt" candidates are back in the same sad boat. No money and no momentum.

Of course, anything can happen but if Romney carries most of the Super Tuesday states folks will be pushing for Newt and Rick to pack it in.

As for the OP, with Santorum facing collapse, Newt actually having collapsed, and Paul poisonous to the rest of the GOP, there's no one to turn to. It's Mitt or bust. Next up will come the great debate about who the running mate will be.

My bet is Rubio. That'll be a formidable ticket.

You may be right, but I certainly do not see Rubio as "formidable" - especially after his contraception bill.

In those times the older workers didn't shit on the younger ones and stiff them with exorbitant benefits and retirement sticking it to the next generation of workers. In those days seniority mandates were not as stiff as they have been for the last 20 years. At Boeing and most union companies the companies can NOT train enough skilled workers because the average skilled worker they now have is over 55 years old. In today's union work place there are more age 55-64 workers than age 18-55.
IOW, union workers have fucked the next generation of union workers. As a result of that union membership dropped another 600,000 in 2010 alone.
Fact is union shop companies can not compete in most world trade. Their workers are just as or more skilled as any in the world but they do not have the ability to change and adapt in a fast moving world wide economy.
Independent younger educated workers that understand technology have no interest in unions. Why would they want to belong to any organization that quashes independence and pays them the same wage as the unproductive?

The only people who fucked workers are the ones in suits.

Period.

The rest is the typical anti-Union bullshit they put out.

Fact is, in world trade, Japanese and German workers are unionized, and they have stronger unions that we do. They have a voice in picking CEO's, for instance.

Now, we let these guys send good jobs to third world shitholes, and that's part of the problem. But it's just another excuse for greed.

Period.

Fact is, in world trade, Japanese and German workers are unionized, and they have stronger unions that we do. They have a voice in picking CEO's, for instance.

Now, we let these guys send good jobs to third world shitholes, and that's part of the problem. But it's just another excuse for greed.

You are a funny man Joe!
I have many videos we took years ago when I was hired to document the union abuses where it would be you union goons attacking innocent men and women with bats, broom handles and whatever else they could attack them with.
They were not wearing suits Joe.
Move to Japan or Germany Joe. Sushi and kraut are great.
Delta is ready when you are.

Period.

You are a funny man Joe!
I have many videos we took years ago when I was hired to document the union abuses where it would be you union goons attacking innocent men and women with bats, broom handles and whatever else they could attack them with.
They were not wearing suits Joe.
Move to Japan or Germany Joe. Sushi and kraut are great.
Delta is ready when you are.

Ahhh, explains much. YOu are a corporate thug. Explains a lot.

I want to fix this country. The first is to get the GOP out of the pocket of corporate goons.

(BTW, no sympathy for scabs. They cross a picket line, they get what they deserve.)

Forum List

Back