When rules "clarifications" make things seem more murky ...

So wouldn't the person posting the rep comment... be the one "posting" the c-word and the sender of said rep?

Didn't the one who posted the c word in a rep comment come first? A rep comment is just like a regular post...

Is it really?

The only person who can "post" it and make it public is the recipient.... the sender sent it in a way that the only person to see it IS recipient. (unless you mods are looking that is)

so again... isn't it the person "posting" the rep comment in public the one posting the c word? They do, after all, have the ability to CXXX it out.

Syrenn, the c word has been posted in public for all intents and purpose when it's posted in a rep comment. If a rep comment is considered public, then it's public.
Also, it doesn't have to be posted in a thread, just needs to be flagged for a violation of the word in the rep comment section.

Didn't the one who posted the c word in a rep comment come first? A rep comment is just like a regular post...

Is it really?

The only person who can "post" it and make it public is the recipient.... the sender sent it in a way that the only person to see it IS recipient. (unless you mods are looking that is)

so again... isn't it the person "posting" the rep comment in public the one posting the c word? They do, after all, have the ability to CXXX it out.

Syrenn, the c word has been posted in public for all intents and purpose when it's posted in a rep comment. If a rep comment is considered public, then it's public.
Also, it doesn't have to be posted in a thread, just needs to be flagged for a violation of the word in the rep comment section.

i ask becasue the bit about the c word in the rep comments being a violoation is news to me.....

I don't know why anyone would want to use that term anyhow? We live in a society where women are openly called every name possible with little to no concern. Respect is a taboo word now.. It's open season on anyone and everyone and most, at least on this forum, are proud of that. It says a lot. The degradation of morals in today's society is rampant.. Is it any wonder that includes respecting the sanctity of life also?

So wouldn't the person posting the rep comment... be the one "posting" the c-word and the sender of said rep?

Is it really?

get a fucking life, already

I don't know why anyone would want to use that term anyhow? We live in a society where women are openly called every name possible with little to no concern. Respect is a taboo word now.. It's open season on anyone and everyone and most, at least on this forum, are proud of that. It says a lot. The degradation of morals in today's society is rampant.. Is it any wonder that includes respecting the sanctity of life also?

piss off, twat

Is it really?

my only prob w/ that is that some/many bona fide c-words have PM's turned-off & their profiles set to private or friends- only meaning they can dish it out to their cowardly hearts content BUT can't get it back in return. It would be ashame if rep comments were moderated. :(

Then theres the issue of Warbler, who apparently lives out his gay fantasies through rep comments who some might find even more disturbing than the c-word. Does he get a pass for that? :dunno:

Last edited:
Because the rep comments are not a PM and can be used on the open board.

Really? Then why can I only rep at certain times?

Anyway, this is all news to many of us. "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Last edited:
Now we got a poster using the dreaded word on the main board without consequence. I await the reruling on the rule ruling.

When rules "clarifications" make things seem more murky ...

what is the proper procedure for posters to follow?

Did something get crossed up n translation?

There are lingering vestiges of murkiness
such as in this post:

www.usmessageboard.com/5119662-post1.html

and this copy of that post:

www.usmessageboard.com/5348429-post7.html

But the current version of the c-word rule is given in specific detail in the OP of the official rules and regulations thread of the forum so that's good.

Last edited:
well, at least the world has not ended yet.

Mighty damn close though. How else to explain that I actually agree with a post written by She Who Shoots Blanks And Misses:

As for the op, I gave up trying to keep up with the Rules Of The Road a long time ago.

Forum List

Back