When Romney wins the nomonation what will those of you on the right that h8 em do?

Point 2- Obama's ability to do damage will be limited by a GOP House and GOP senate (unless ROmney proves so unpopular that he drags down everyone lower on the ticket, which I don't completely discount.) Romney will obligate the GOP In congress to do along with some of his liberal schemes.

Neither the House nor the Senate will limit Obama's ability to appoint two more Supreme Court justices over the next four years.

Well, a couple of points on that.

1) It is unlikely any conservative justice is going to retire while Obama is the guy who appoints his replacement.

2) A republican senate isn't going to go along with anyone who is in the Sotomayor/Kagan mode of liberal. (You do know about the whole "Advise and consent" part, right?)

3) A conservative MIGHT be tempted to retire under a Romney presidency, and that could lead to us getting stuck with a liberal justice, because Romney is really just as liberal as Obama is in some ways.

You nutters sure have looked at this conundrum from all sides! It is very funny to watch. Thanks for the entertainment.

And Avatar.........your definition of "progressive" gives us a clear indication of your limitations.

It will be huge, but regardless of who gets the nomination it's not going to Obama.

You're making a serious mistake underestimating Obama. He's a born campaigner and a fairly passionate orator. Plus he's a MONSTER when it comes to fund raising.

I do not think, one way or another, that the winner in 2012 will enjoy the landslide that Obama had over McCain. I strongly suspect this will be a VERY bitter and hard fought fight with a close result. Right now, if I had to bet money, I'd go 60/40 Obama beats Mitt, but I could see Mitt winning if the economy slides further.

The reason it won't be a landslide either way is:
1. None of the SOLID Blue or Red states will flip
2. The Super PACS are going to drag everyone through the mud. Anonymously. Thanks Citizen's United.

I expect a low voter turn out in 2012 with neither side really enthused. Conservatives and Social Cons may just hit the snooze button when it comes to November if Romney is the candidate, and Obama may experience the same level of support from his own troops. Moderates will decide the election, just like they always do.

Romney has been the front runner for some time now and apparently Newt has lit a fire in your collective asses. So when he wins what do you do then? If Romney is to liberal for you will you just sit it out and LET Obama, who is ten times further to the left, have another term?

Many say we only got one shot to repeal O'care so does that even matter to you?

He isn't my first choice but by god he is miles ahead on the list as compared to Obama.

ABO. Romney would get my vote. Most of the people who supported other candidates are more anti Obama than anti Romney.

Last edited:
Romney has been the front runner for some time now and apparently Newt has lit a fire in your collective asses. So when he wins what do you do then? If Romney is to liberal for you will you just sit it out and LET Obama, who is ten times further to the left, have another term?

He isn't my first choice but by god he is miles ahead on the list as compared to Obama.

Hopefully hate him less than they hate the Polices of the current Admin.

I know any Republican(RP) who runs as a 3rd party, and anyone who want's Obama out of the WH who votes 3rd party. Is an idiot who should have just voted for Obama, Same result

Good point.

The whole voting in a partisan way rather than a principled way has really given us an ideal government for decades.

:cuckoo:

this is why I laugh when Republicans claim their main focus is to elect a "true conservative"

Other than a few Paul supporters, I don't recall anyone claiming this was their true goal. I've always read on here that the goal is to get Obama out of the office before he can do any more damage.

"A few Paul supporters" lol, Gramps you're so out dated it's funny to watch you "try".

It's actually quite simple, if Romney gets the nomination then he has the best shot to beat Obama.

In an Obama vs Romney vote I will once again vote against the worst of 2 evils and vote Romney.

Those of you who do otherwise are simply giving Obama another 4 years to not lead the country....

It's already fucked up enough because of the great divider, we need to get him out of there at nearly any cost.....

It's actually quite simple, if Romney gets the nomination then he has the best shot to beat Obama.

In an Obama vs Romney vote I will once again vote against the worst of 2 evils and vote Romney.

Those of you who do otherwise are simply giving Obama another 4 years to not lead the country....

It's already fucked up enough because of the great divider, we need to get him out of there at nearly any cost.....

Sorry, I think Romney is a horrible human being. Obama's inept, arrogant, and full of himself, to be sure, but deep down, he's a decent enough bloke who cares about people.

Hopefully hate him less than they hate the Polices of the current Admin.

I know any Republican(RP) who runs as a 3rd party, and anyone who want's Obama out of the WH who votes 3rd party. Is an idiot who should have just voted for Obama, Same result

Good point.

The whole voting in a partisan way rather than a principled way has really given us an ideal government for decades.

:cuckoo:

Explain to me how under the current rules, Voting 3rd Party helps at all?

Sorry, I think Romney is a horrible human being. Obama's inept, arrogant, and full of himself, to be sure, but deep down, he's a decent enough bloke who cares about people.

Horse shit, He cares about Himself and Power.

While people consider whether or not to vote Romney, consider that obama ran up a 6.2 TRILLION dollar deficit in his first term. More than every other president COMBINED. Democrats will be rushing to say that "Bush ran up a deficit TOOOooooOOO". So think about it. Over 6 TRILLION dollars, and still going strong. He's just asked for another trillion.

Point 1- Romney isn't going to repeal ObamaCare, it was his idea. the best chance we have of dismantling it will be in the courts.

Point 2- Obama's ability to do damage will be limited by a GOP House and GOP senate (unless ROmney proves so unpopular that he drags down everyone lower on the ticket, which I don't completely discount.) Romney will obligate the GOP In congress to do along with some of his liberal schemes.

Point 3- My objection to ROmney isn't idealogical as much as it is moral. I think Obama is a poor leader and an ineffective president, but he's at his core a decent man. Romney, on the other hand is a real scumbag as a human being. Liar. Flip-flopper. Corporate Vulture. oh, yeah, and he belongs to a batshit crazy religion.

So, yeah, I'd have no problem sitting it out or voting third party to vent my anger.

In fact, voting third party would kind of like voting "Present". You could have had my vote, but didn't get it.

Fine. Don't vote him. I will - and that is a damned sight more than I would say about most of the field. So they lose your vote, and gain mine... and since there are millions of independents across this country, we will have to wait and see whether there are more that think like I do... or more than don't think at all - like you.

And it will remain this way until the rules are changed and the two parties loose thier stranglehold on the rules that keep them ensconced in power.

Well stated by the way.

Point 1- Romney isn't going to repeal ObamaCare, it was his idea. the best chance we have of dismantling it will be in the courts.

Point 3- My objection to ROmney isn't idealogical as much as it is moral. I think Obama is a poor leader and an ineffective president, but he's at his core a decent man. Romney, on the other hand is a real scumbag as a human being. Liar. Flip-flopper. Corporate Vulture. oh, yeah, and he belongs to a batshit crazy religion.

So, yeah, I'd have no problem sitting it out or voting third party to vent my anger.

In fact, voting third party would kind of like voting "Present". You could have had my vote, but didn't get it.

Well said. That pretty much sums it up for me.

Well said. That pretty much sums it up for me.

Except Romney is on the record as saying he will repeal ObamaCare. So JoeyB is bullshitting.

His real issue with Romney is an irrational hatred of his religious beliefs. I find that a pathetic 'reason' to dislike a candidate.

If his post 'sums' it up for you, then you are probably as dumb as he is. And I don't think you are. I could, naturally, be wrong.

I don't see a scenario where Romney wins the Presidency. He and Obama are middle of the road and will compete for Independents. Democrats will turn out to support Obama and to block a GOP President. Republicans will be split between Romney, their hate for Obama and voting third party.

I agree with what was posted before. Obama wins big.

I don't see a scenario where Romney wins the Presidency. He and Obama are middle of the road and will compete for Independents. Democrats will turn out to support Obama and to block a GOP President. Republicans will be split between Romney, their hate for Obama and voting third party.

Obama is "middle of the road?"

You just proved that we can ignore everything you say.

You are beyond delusional.

Romney has caused a subprime disaster to us before.

Ghetto Shakedown

Responsibility for preventing such abuses rests with HUD Secretary George Romney, whose department includes the poorly administered FHA. In an eloquent if self-serving speech, Romney tried to divert attention to the broader problems of the ghetto, noting that bad housing was a result rather than a cause of ghetto squalor (see box).

Wrong Romney!

Sit it out. Voting for a propellerhead third party just encourages the propellerheads, and makes the major party wonder if they should be more like the propellerheads to get your vote back.

Sit it out. Send everyone the message they have to earn your vote.

Last edited:

Obama is "middle of the road?"

You just proved that we can ignore everything you say.

You are beyond delusional.

Just because someone is Left of you doesn't mean they're not middle of the road.

Forum List

Back